Field Service Action 15B22 - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #41
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 261729
What I Drive: 2012 focus hatchback charcoal grey

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 what_the_focus_2k12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_the_focus_2k12 View Post
My car wont pass 30 & just redlines i havent got the software update yet wondering what caused your car to behave that way
Could be your TCM has failed and won't shift out of first gear. 15B22 is intended to warn you that a problem like this is coming.
Thanks called ford they should update it tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2015, 11:27 PM   #42
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 178377
What I Drive: 2014 Ruby Red Focus Titanium

Points 60, Level 1
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 Exalky Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashFocus14 View Post
I bought my '14 Focus SE brand new in 09/14 (according to VIN is was built in 03/14). After driving it about 15,000 miles the transmission shaking/hesitation/slipping issues began. It only begins shaking after I've been driving it for minimum of 45 minutes, but it's very noticeable after that when in stop and go traffic, or at low speeds (under 10 mph). I've schedule an appointment with the dealer to get it looked at this Friday, so we'll see how they handle it. The 15B22 update is applicable to my VIN, so they might apply that too.
It sounds like you're describing my '14 Focus EXACTLY. Behaves fine in the mornings but if I drive it for an extended amount of time the shuddering begins, mostly between first and second gears and horrible in stop and go traffic. Please post here how things go on Friday. I'm very interested to know as my car is due to be serviced soon
Old 09-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #43
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 155162
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Focus SE, Sterling Gray

Points 1,205, Level 19
Points: 1,205, Level: 19 Points: 1,205, Level: 19 Points: 1,205, Level: 19
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 FordNewbieGirl Good Standing Member
I just had my '14 Focus SE in last Thursday and got the newest updates. The car came out running like the it did the first 12K miles and I thought we had a winner. Nope. Was great for 4 days, but on day 5, temperature shot back up to 90 (was in the low 80s) and the shudder came back. Seems worse to me too because instead of just being quick at 5-7mph and again at 15-17mph, it now has times where it starts at 5 and continues until it passes 20. I'm calling Ford again today...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #44
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 261961
What I Drive: Focus 2014 SE

Points 5, Level 1
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 dunaldus Good Standing Member
I had my '14 Focus SE updated last week Aug.28. I also had the same issue with the clock that won't work even if I tried to change the date. I was about to go back to the dealership the following day when I tried again to change the clock. At first the problem was still there but after I tried to changed the date (and the system accepted it) then the clock started to work. So I did not bother to go back to the dealership. But it got stock again on Aug.30. I changed again the date and so far everything is ok.

That's for the clock/date. Now for the transmission issue. I feel like the shuddering is more frequent this time specially in a stop and go traffic. In highway (the shifting until I reach 60+mph), I noticed there's an increase in rpm before each shift. The service adviser told me that it needs to "re learn" again the shifting patterns and it might take another 1000 miles or so.

I also noticed that the fan speed, most of the time, is in high operation.

So far I'm not happy with this update. But I'll give it some time and observe. I hope Ford is taking notes on our experiences here.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #45
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 261729
What I Drive: 2012 focus hatchback charcoal grey

Points 4, Level 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 what_the_focus_2k12 Good Standing Member
Well had my car updated and still no shifting just redlines at 30
Old 09-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #46
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 4,225, Level 41
Points: 4,225, Level: 41 Points: 4,225, Level: 41 Points: 4,225, Level: 41
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 17 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Good problem at least - the dealer shouldn't be able to say "can't duplicate" or "its normal"...
Old 09-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #47
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 200929
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Silver Focus Titanium

Points 4, Level 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 EBroz Good Standing Member
So I just had the transmission malfunction warning pop up on the dash. The transmission pretty much didn't know what gear it should be in, revving like crazy. Also, I wasn't able to get it into reverse. Restarted the car and everything is back to normal.

Dropping it off at the dealer on Friday (9/4). I figured I should have it documented by the service department even if they find nothing wrong. They will probably update it with this program. Safe to do? or stay away for now?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #48
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exalky View Post
It sounds like you're describing my '14 Focus EXACTLY. Behaves fine in the mornings but if I drive it for an extended amount of time the shuddering begins, mostly between first and second gears and horrible in stop and go traffic. Please post here how things go on Friday. I'm very interested to know as my car is due to be serviced soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunaldus View Post
...Now for the transmission issue. I feel like the shuddering is more frequent this time specially in a stop and go traffic. In highway (the shifting until I reach 60+mph), I noticed there's an increase in rpm before each shift. The service adviser told me that it needs to "re learn" again the shifting patterns and it might take another 1000 miles or so.

I also noticed that the fan speed, most of the time, is in high operation.

So far I'm not happy with this update. But I'll give it some time and observe. I hope Ford is taking notes on our experiences here.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBroz View Post
So I just had the transmission malfunction warning pop up on the dash. The transmission pretty much didn't know what gear it should be in, revving like crazy. Also, I wasn't able to get it into reverse. Restarted the car and everything is back to normal.

Dropping it off at the dealer on Friday (9/4). I figured I should have it documented by the service department even if they find nothing wrong. They will probably update it with this program. Safe to do? or stay away for now?
Hi guys,

I want to get some more eyes on this. Please private message me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name. and dealer name/location.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 09-03-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #49
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx View Post
Thanks! I can send my info once I get home, but I'd be wary of applying any updates based on some of the responses to this thread :/ (At least until we get some positive results)
I'll keep an eye out for it!

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #50
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 129306
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

Points 9, Level 1
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 utronford Good Standing Member
FSA 15B88 is good so far

I had FSA 15B22 done by my dealer back on Aug. 19th, so it has been a couple of weeks now. I had occasional shuddering at low speed acceleration, usually after the car had been running earlier (like after an hour sitting in the parking lot). It never lasted very long or caused me too much grief. I always have the dealer install any firmware updates that are available when I go in for my 6 month oil changes. So far so good. I have to say the transmission and shift points are the best since I bought the car new in Oct of 2013. I would say go for the update based on my experience with it and just in general that I expect Ford to only put out updates that improves things, not make them worse. (though I know stuff happens sometimes)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in