New Warranty Extension on TCM 14m02 - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 11:48 AM   #31
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 233130
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mustanger8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMD View Post
TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers
SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 14M02

February 20, 2015
Certain 2011 through 2015 Model Year Fiesta and 2012 through 2015 Model Year Focus Vehicles Equipped with a DPS6 Automatic Transmission
Transmission Control Module Extended Warranty Coverage
REF: Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 15-0017 – No Start And/Or Transmission Engagement Or Loss Of Power With DTCs U0100, U0101 And/Or U1013
PROGRAM TERMS
Ford is extending the warranty coverage on the DPS6 Automatic Transmission Control Module (TCM) to 10 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. This extended warranty coverage will address intermittent symptoms of loss of transmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power. If a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this coverage will last through September 30, 2015. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
NOTE: This program DOES NOT apply to vehicles that qualify for repairs under New Vehicle Limited Warranty Powertrain coverage or Emissions Warranty coverage. Repairs for vehicles covered by New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Emissions Warranty should be claimed following Warranty & Policy Manual guidelines. Refer to TSB 15-0017 for repairs covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Emissions Warranty.

Added - see thumbnail picture of the letters in this post:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/8209226-post1.html
I have a 2012 Focus SEL with 74,400 miles on it. It always had the shudder and stumble associated with these transmissions. I was told by the dealer that this is "normal". It is not and can be fixed by replacement of the TCM. I recently received this letter in the mail. The very next day I experienced a "Transmission Malfunction" and "Service Now" indication on the instrument panel ( between the tachometer and speedometer). The car would stumble and rev up but, hardly move. I coasted to the side of the congested Interstate-5 in Portland, OR. Shut off the car. I restarted the car. The malfunction indication went away and the car drove normally. The next day during the morning commute on Highway 26 West out of Portland, it got the same failure and malfunction indication. This resulted in a near accident and being rear ended by several semi's at 65 MPH!. Coasted to the side of the road amid honking of horns, flashing of lights and several middle fingers; turned off the key. I restarted the car and went to the Ford Dealer where I purchased the car (Vancouver Ford). I mentioned this letter and talked about the problems that I had. After a little playing dumb and good cop bad cop, the service writers looked at each other and knew that I needed and wanted the TCM (transmission control module) replaced. They had one in stock. It only took about an hour to install it. Credit to them they did not dispute anything any longer and were very professional. The car runs and performs better that it did when I bought it new and it was done under warranty! If you have this problem this is the fix. Do not fall for that "that is normal for these transmissions" or "you are driving it wrong". Insist on having the TCM replaced.

Last edited by mustanger8; 04-08-2015 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 04:36 PM   #32
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmartin1976 View Post
My 2012 Focus died yesterday while I was driving. It lost all power, the transmission wouldn't shift (I actually ended up getting a "transmission is overheating pull over" warning), and once I was able to coast the car to the side of the road and turn it off, it would not start again. Had the car towed to the dealership (after hours) and am hoping they will put me in a rental because now I am without transportation until this is fixed. This was quite the ordeal being that this happened while in rush hour traffic. I'm actually quite fed up with this car as this will be the 4th time it has been in the shop for transmission issues. It has 69,000 miles on it. After yesterday's ordeal, I hesitate to drive it even after they "fix" it because they are really just replacing a broken part with another part that I'm sure will break again since the transmission design seems to be the issue.
Do you have any updates since this morning about your Focus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
...I strongly recommend that you reach out to Meagan, the Ford rep here at this board to assist you in prompt dealer support for your issue(s). See post 26 on this same thread to find Meagan.
Thanks!

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 04-09-2015, 01:00 AM   #33
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118978
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Flexfuel

Points 94, Level 1
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 michalcapar Good Standing Member
is this covered for Canadian vehicles as well? I hate to say it because I have always said this car is pretty decent and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but after 2 clutch assembly replacements, then a transmission rebuild (all before 100,000KMs), and now while making a turn into oncoming traffic at a set of lights the car dies and I get a "park assist malfunction" warning message. I cant help but say this car is a complete piece of shit. Ive asked the dealership numerous times about TSB's and wanting them all up to date, even several months ago when the transmission got rebuilt they told me that there were no bulletins to repair. May sound out of line but when you have your 6 year old niece in the back and your fiancée in the passenger seat and having a car coming at you going at least 60km/h without any power, its pretty nerve wracking. I cannot wait to get rid of this garbage. I guess I got one of the lemon cars out of the batch.

To top it all off, the car finally starts after letting it sit for 4 hours. Awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 06:30 AM   #34
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: VW GTI, Mazda-3 after 2012-Focus

Points 632, Level 12
Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalcapar View Post
is this covered for Canadian vehicles as well? I hate to say it because I have always said this car is pretty decent and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but after 2 clutch assembly replacements, then a transmission rebuild (all before 100,000KMs), and now while making a turn into oncoming traffic at a set of lights the car dies and I get a "park assist malfunction" warning message. I cant help but say this car is a complete piece of shit. Ive asked the dealership numerous times about TSB's and wanting them all up to date, even several months ago when the transmission got rebuilt they told me that there were no bulletins to repair. May sound out of line but when you have your 6 year old niece in the back and your fiancée in the passenger seat and having a car coming at you going at least 60km/h without any power, its pretty nerve wracking. I cannot wait to get rid of this garbage. I guess I got one of the lemon cars out of the batch.

To top it all off, the car finally starts after letting it sit for 4 hours. Awesome.
You are right to be dissatisfied , I don't know if meagan can help you in Canada, but she is a Ford rep here who has helped dozens of people in USA
2015-VW GTI DSG, 2013-mazda3 , 2012-Focus SE DCT trans , 2006-VW GTI , DSG trans ,2002 Celica GTS 180hp VVT lexus motor , 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 with fact roller cam, stainless headers, etc , Triumph TR8, with Buick aluminum V8 from the factory
Old 04-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #35
Official Ford Rep

Points 10,771, Level 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
You are right to be dissatisfied , I don't know if meagan can help you in Canada, but she is a Ford rep here who has helped dozens of people in USA
The Ford Canada account is here. The agents are currently Kwasi, Nikki, and Brittany. :)

Meagan

t:

f:

Old 04-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #36
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 186449
What I Drive: 2012 silver

Points 13, Level 1
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Rpiper66 Good Standing Member
Replacement TCM #2 installed yesterday.
Jburks likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:42 AM   #37
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

Points 137, Level 2
Points: 137, Level: 2 Points: 137, Level: 2 Points: 137, Level: 2
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalcapar View Post

I'll research this further, michalcapar. What's the current odometer reading on your Focus? Please let me know.

Brittany

p: 800.565.FORD
t:

f:

Old 05-06-2015, 06:27 AM   #38
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 186449
What I Drive: 2012 silver

Points 13, Level 1
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Rpiper66 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpiper66 View Post
Replacement TCM #2 installed yesterday.
Transmission Malfunction warning light (again). Car back to garage last night.
Will update when I know what's causing the latest failure.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #39
Official Ford Rep

Points 10,771, Level 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpiper66 View Post
Transmission Malfunction warning light (again). Car back to garage last night.
Will update when I know what's causing the latest failure.
Keep me in the loop on what you hear; I want to see how I can best assist.

Meagan

t:

f:

Old 05-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #40
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Points 1,812, Level 25
Points: 1,812, Level: 25 Points: 1,812, Level: 25 Points: 1,812, Level: 25
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMD View Post
They cover the clutch stuff in the paperwork with this too but it is the same as before.

I got a spreadsheet with it too that had 49 repairs with mileage and the average failure was about 90000. The lowest having 60000. Highest 130000 miles. None except the one below 75000.
Mine (47,000 miles) just pitched a P0902, then ran fine and the CEL went out last Saturday. Took it in Monday, the stored code was read and the TCM was replaced on the spot under the emissions warranty.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in