New Warranty Extension on TCM 14m02 - Page 16 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #151
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89563
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

Points 228, Level 4
Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Taylor_H Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Time for more reading.

This thread is for TCM warranty extension info., and the typical problems from that are not shifting/not starting properly.

Many others about clutches/seals programming that also has a different warranty extension.

Only recall I remember is for some with a particular fuel pump, that one is just starting to get notifications. More info. on that one in the MkIII section.

Okay, thank you.

Hopefully Ford can help me to diagnose the issue when I take it in.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #152
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frandia View Post
Thanks. I love the new Mazda. My point about here was that this is a great site and the Regional Manager's boss is very aware of it and FORD SHOULD take it seriously and NOT demean it by saying it is unauthorized. These are real people with real issues.

My direct point is how FORD is hypocritical. They say this place is unauthorized then have their reps working it and more often than not...not being able to resolve anything more than what a customer can do on their own by calling the 800 number themselves.

I have a case pending with the BBB Autoline and they want to "talk" to me about a resolution. The car is gone...traded it in. I'm sure they now want to put a new TCM in. Screw them. That should have been offered and done 2 months ago.

Glad I am done with FORD forever.
Happy you did it. It was really not worth all the stress it seemed to be causing you.
sailor likes this.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #153
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 233322
What I Drive: 2017 Escape Titanium

Points 2,630, Level 31
Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 IlikePizza Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_H View Post
So my wife and I just bought our first new-ish car together (2013 Focus SE) this past weekend.

I drove it twice before we bought it, both times I went up to 70 on the highway just to be sure the trans felt the way it should, had no problems. However none of the driving was uphill, all flat.

Today I took it for a drive and encountered some steep hills and low speeds, it was horrible. Constantly felt like it was slipping, then it'd jerk a bit. Not sure if this is the same as the issue people on here are having, But can anyone help me out?

The car only has 37k on it.

Also I saw on one of the first posts something about it only lasting until the 30th of this month. does that apply to me as well?

I've already looked up the recalls not done on it by vin and scheduled an apt at ford on the 25th. But should I be worried about missing a cutoff date. and Should I be saving up for a big fix?

Any help or info is much appreciated!
Only ends on the 30th if you are outside of the milage, so the cutoff does not apply to you. You are covered even if the car is a salvage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015, 11:48 PM   #154
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Ah, - OK, he was looking at the coverage date IF you'd already exceeded 10 yrs/150k miles.

With none of the U.S. cars over 4 years old, that won't apply and I doubt his '13 is over 150k.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 09-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #155
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 262009
What I Drive: 2013, Charcoal, Titanium

Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 ProfPinky Good Standing Member
Hi all, PP again..

In case anyone cares, you can ref my original post on pg14, #140 of this thread here.

Just a quick(?) update - My car was towed into the dealership Thursday morning, where I was told that they were "really busy", and "the mechanic was replacing an engine in another car, but would get to mine as quickly as possible." Not a problem, I'm the patient type.

I asked about a loaner vehicle, as I was letting my son now take my daily driver to his job, and I would need a set of wheels for myself - there is an Enterprise Auto Rental office inside this Ford dealer location, so was just a matter of paperwork before I had a loaner (another Focus).
The issue being however, we (and our towed car) arrived at the dealership around 9:30a and got my loaner at 10:00a - FORD only pays the loaner for 24hrs. So unless the shop can diagnose and fix the issue by 10:00a the following day (Friday), I'm going to be on the hook for a car rental.

Fast forward to the following day, Friday.
Didn't hear from the Service Dept., so I called at noon - was told they were going to look at it, "right now" and call me back.
I was concerned about having to pay for the rental with the upcomng long Labor Day Weekend - and with no callback by 4:00p, I contacted the dealership.
Serive Rep said he'd "go check on it and call me back". A few minutes later, I received a call and was told that my battery was "completely dead". I was asked if I had noticed the dead battery when the car wouldn't start the night before.
I explained that, no, the battery was 100% fine the night the car stopped working, AND the following morning when I, my son, and eventually, even the towtruck driver tried to start the car prior to towing it to the dealership. Obviously - someone at the dealership left something On or otherwise allowed the battery to drain fully overnight.
The Service Rep. said he'd have them "charge the battery and see if starts" and that he would call me back.

Fast forward to today, Saturday.
With no word from the dealer, about the now dead battery or the original issue I reported about the TCM, I called the service dept for an update.
Turns out my service rep. is Off today, and with the dealership closed on Sunday AND Monday/Labor Day, it appears that not only has my original problem yet to be addressed, but the dealership has introduced a NEW problem with the dead battery, AND I now expect to have to pay for a rental that was prolonged by the dealership's inability to address an issue that was clearly explained to them with the idea of expiditing the repair.

So - Given that my normal Service Rep has taken the weekend Off, I spoke with another SR and asked about the status of my vehicle. He looked it up and said that the issue appeared to be with my battey. ?!?!!!. No, I calmly explained the entire story; car stopped, [Parking Assistance fault], towed, dead battery, etc.
He listened and said he would go look, see "where things are", and call me back.

I spoke with him at 12:30'ish - it's now been almost two hours and no call back. I know it's a large dealership, but surely it doesn't take someone two hours to walk to and from a service dept., nevermind (ahem) mobile phones.

Apologies for the lengthy posts - but it's frustrating when your vehicle breaks down, and your dealership only exasperates the situation.
My other vehicle is an Audi (I've also owned Fords, Volvos, Benzs, and Pontiacs) and I can't express the difference in service, attentiion, and customer satisfaction between service depts. Well I can, but I've ranted enough already.

I doubt I'll hear back from the Service Dept and will have to call myself, again for a status update, but we'll see.

Just a blow-by-blow of my current and very frustrating experience.

Stay tuned.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #156
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPinky View Post
Hi all, PP again..

In case anyone cares, you can ref my original post on pg14, #140 of this thread here.

Just a quick(?) update - My car was towed into the dealership Thursday morning, where I was told that they were "really busy", and "the mechanic was replacing an engine in another car, but would get to mine as quickly as possible." Not a problem, I'm the patient type.

I asked about a loaner vehicle, as I was letting my son now take my daily driver to his job, and I would need a set of wheels for myself - there is an Enterprise Auto Rental office inside this Ford dealer location, so was just a matter of paperwork before I had a loaner (another Focus).
The issue being however, we (and our towed car) arrived at the dealership around 9:30a and got my loaner at 10:00a - FORD only pays the loaner for 24hrs. So unless the shop can diagnose and fix the issue by 10:00a the following day (Friday), I'm going to be on the hook for a car rental.

Fast forward to the following day, Friday.
Didn't hear from the Service Dept., so I called at noon - was told they were going to look at it, "right now" and call me back.
I was concerned about having to pay for the rental with the upcomng long Labor Day Weekend - and with no callback by 4:00p, I contacted the dealership.
Serive Rep said he'd "go check on it and call me back". A few minutes later, I received a call and was told that my battery was "completely dead". I was asked if I had noticed the dead battery when the car wouldn't start the night before.
I explained that, no, the battery was 100% fine the night the car stopped working, AND the following morning when I, my son, and eventually, even the towtruck driver tried to start the car prior to towing it to the dealership. Obviously - someone at the dealership left something On or otherwise allowed the battery to drain fully overnight.
The Service Rep. said he'd have them "charge the battery and see if starts" and that he would call me back.

Fast forward to today, Saturday.
With no word from the dealer, about the now dead battery or the original issue I reported about the TCM, I called the service dept for an update.
Turns out my service rep. is Off today, and with the dealership closed on Sunday AND Monday/Labor Day, it appears that not only has my original problem yet to be addressed, but the dealership has introduced a NEW problem with the dead battery, AND I now expect to have to pay for a rental that was prolonged by the dealership's inability to address an issue that was clearly explained to them with the idea of expiditing the repair.

So - Given that my normal Service Rep has taken the weekend Off, I spoke with another SR and asked about the status of my vehicle. He looked it up and said that the issue appeared to be with my battey. ?!?!!!. No, I calmly explained the entire story; car stopped, [Parking Assistance fault], towed, dead battery, etc.
He listened and said he would go look, see "where things are", and call me back.

I spoke with him at 12:30'ish - it's now been almost two hours and no call back. I know it's a large dealership, but surely it doesn't take someone two hours to walk to and from a service dept., nevermind (ahem) mobile phones.

Apologies for the lengthy posts - but it's frustrating when your vehicle breaks down, and your dealership only exasperates the situation.
My other vehicle is an Audi (I've also owned Fords, Volvos, Benzs, and Pontiacs) and I can't express the difference in service, attentiion, and customer satisfaction between service depts. Well I can, but I've ranted enough already.

I doubt I'll hear back from the Service Dept and will have to call myself, again for a status update, but we'll see.

Just a blow-by-blow of my current and very frustrating experience.

Stay tuned.
Your main issue is that it's a FORD. FORD-=Garbage car, Garbage service and Garbage care when you have an issue.

They are good at one thing...giving people the runaround. At that they excel.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #157
Focus Rookie

Points 7, Level 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Surprise! Just received a callback from the Service Dept.
Was told that the battery in my Focus was dead and the car had to be jumped to get it to diagnostics.
The SR said they were charging the battery (when the other SR said they were charging it yesterday afternoon) and could then run diagnostics on it, but that "the TCM has lost it's programming" and once the battery was charged, they would need to reprogram it. Howeverrrr..
Even after the battery is charged, I was told that "the guy who works on the TCM, the transmission guy is Off today, so he won't be able to look at it until Monday.". I reminded the SR that Monday is Labor Day, but he said that they would be in shop working.

Well, there ya have it for today. What imo is the good ol' Service Dept. Run-Around.
Apparently it takes Ford 2-3 days to charge a car battery, and this dealership only has one technician who can properly address a well known and reported TCM issue.

To say that I'm upset over a KNOWN issue to Ford, which should have been addressed in a single day, and instead will now take 5 or maybe 6 is an understatement.

Monday will be interesting.

PP
Old 09-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #158
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPinky View Post
Surprise! Just received a callback from the Service Dept.
Was told that the battery in my Focus was dead and the car had to be jumped to get it to diagnostics.
The SR said they were charging the battery (when the other SR said they were charging it yesterday afternoon) and could then run diagnostics on it, but that "the TCM has lost it's programming" and once the battery was charged, they would need to reprogram it. Howeverrrr..
Even after the battery is charged, I was told that "the guy who works on the TCM, the transmission guy is Off today, so he won't be able to look at it until Monday.". I reminded the SR that Monday is Labor Day, but he said that they would be in shop working.

Well, there ya have it for today. What imo is the good ol' Service Dept. Run-Around.
Apparently it takes Ford 2-3 days to charge a car battery, and this dealership only has one technician who can properly address a well known and reported TCM issue.

To say that I'm upset over a KNOWN issue to Ford, which should have been addressed in a single day, and instead will now take 5 or maybe 6 is an understatement.

Monday will be interesting.

PP

Missing codes? Starting to sound like my issue. Look up my posts. I dumped the car and bought a Mazda. Sorry to say but there is no fix. Anything they do up to and including a new TCM is a band-aide. It's like a reset until the issues start again.

You'll be very fortunate is they ever agree to replace the TCM.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:56 PM   #159
Focus Rookie

Points 7, Level 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frandia View Post
Your main issue is that it's a FORD. FORD-=Garbage car, Garbage service and Garbage care when you have an issue.

They are good at one thing...giving people the runaround. At that they excel.
That's the dissappointing part - we've have great service for years at this dealership. Honestly, cusomter service was 100% the deciding factor in my buying another Ford after an Escape. My son wanted a Hyundai Elantra or Veloster - the Hyundai delaer is across the street from Ford, and we actually test drove all three. But in the end, we went with the Focus Titanium, it had everything we wanted, plus I wanted to give Ford my business - based solely on the service we received while owning the Escape.

However it wasn't long after purchasing the Focus that I started having doubts - mostly due to the ratty transmission problems. And it was when taking it in for this problem that I felt this car might have been a mistake. first the transmission, and now this (TCM problem).
These aren't IMO small issues - and FORD should absolutely notify every Focus owner of the problems, recall and fix each vehicle, and pop for the cost of loaner/rentals while doing so. Anything less is completely unacceptable.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:03 PM   #160
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 234874
What I Drive: 2014 Sterl Grey Focus SDN Tita

Points 286, Level 5
Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 foamfollower Good Standing Member
New Warranty Extension on TCM 14m02

Well,, Finally, I'm rid of my 2014 Titanium Focus... Happy DAY,, 32K miles on it, I am overjoyed to be rid of it. The Toyota folks said they are simply sending focus's from Trade ins directly to Auction. Ford sold a focus, they knew it had a transmission issue, My Tranny had to be rebuilt - REV F (It was repaired under warranty). but was not included under their extended warranty (Mine was off by a month (Aug 2014 MFR date)., Tires sound like a windstorm. paint had IRON particles, Interior Door cover and handle came off after less than 2 months.

Happy DAY.. I am never ever going to by a Ford again.. ever... (I had owned many many fords from early 70's till now (A stray Volvo, BMW. etc etc from time to time).

Bye Ford... Its celebration time....

Bye Ford... Its celebration time....
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamfollower View Post
Exactly, . Ford has an issue with their transmission on the Focus and Fiesta, they cant fix it but continue to sell it in their vehicles for YEARS. They know this, spin the Wheel hoping they will get a Fix in place at a later time. They release TSB's in such a way that regular folks like me have to research what is covered, what is not, what year, what month, what Symptom, what Plant blah blah blah. One TSB succeeds another.. Blah Blah Blah.

FORD--- Admit you sold faulty transmissions, that you knew you had a problem, make good on A SOLID fix and move on, Save your BRAND, save your JOB, Take Care of your Customers...

I remember ... Fords Statement - "At Ford - Quality is job 1", I wish Ford would

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in