New Warranty Extension on TCM 14m02 - Page 15 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #141
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: VW GTI, Mazda-3 after 2012-Focus

Points 632, Level 12
Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPinky View Post
son was stranded last night by his Focus on the way home from class and told me the error - [Parking aid fault - Service required]. i got online and found this forum.

we tried restarting for several minutes; normally, from outside remotely, from two different keys, and even disconnected the battery for 5min - but nothing worked.
had to lock it down and leave for the night.

returned this morning and gave it one more try before calling a tow-truck.
BEWM! it started!
my son drove it and i followed to our dealer - but only got about 2 blocks (of a 15mi trip) before the car stalled again with same error - this time in the middle of a busy intersection during morning rush hour.

i pulled up behind him, turned on my hazards, and called a dealer recommended towtruck.
thankfully, after a few minutes of waving through pissed-off drivers who were honking and generally being obnoxious about blocking the road, a Sherriff pulled up behind us. he turned on his lights and said he'd direct traffic around until the towtruck showed up.

the towtruck showed in 20min or so, tried to start the Focus a few time and then loaded her up on the flatbed.
arrived at the dealership and explained the problem - told the service rep about the TCM error i'd read here and the extended warranty info posted by you kickass mofos.

the service rep said they may be able to "reset" the TCM rather than replace. I hadn't heard/read here about resetting, so don't know if that's even an option - but the car is still to be diagnosed.

given the number of issues with this same error - rather than extend the warranty - i'm really upset and dissappointed that FORD didn't notify Focus owners of this obviously well-known defect. i understand recalls and such might be cause for concern in a marketing/PR sense, but not nearly as bad a the headlines, posts, social media notes, etc. are when something like this goes ignored and results in customers completely dissappointed in their product.

we have a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium, just over 40k miles - my son is a more careful driver than me; this car was his HS graduation gift, and it's his 'baby'. that, after talikng him out of a Hyundai Elantra. in the time we've had it, we also took the Focus in for the completely horrible, crappy, shaky, transmission that make you feel like your leaving red lights in a blender - when discussed with the dealer, we were told that THAT warranty had also been extended and as long as everything was running, that it would be fine. now i find this TCM issue.

i can't express how disappointed i am in FORD. i am upset, but mostly dissappointed, and up to this point i feel we've been lucky to avoid any real serious incidents, and we really do like the car - previously we owned a Ford Escape Limited and were so pleased with it, our dealer, and the service dept. that i wanted to stick with the brand when it came time for my son's first vehicle. i'm seriously regretting that decision now and will most likely consider another auto brand next time.

Still waiting on the diagnosis, but if it turns out to be something other than the TCM replacement under warranty, this will be the last Ford vehicle i ever own.

Sorry about the rant, but wanted to express my experiences and frustrations with the way Ford has addressed these types of issues with apparently more regard for prospective car buyers than those of us who have already chosen to own a Ford.
You have every right to be upset. At this point, class action lawsuits have been started.
The way Ford has treated its buyers and their hard earned money is outrageous. You can see hundreds of posts here for over three years over what was supposed to be a small and limited problem.
ProfPinky likes this.
2015-VW GTI DSG, 2013-mazda3 , 2012-Focus SE DCT trans , 2006-VW GTI , DSG trans ,2002 Celica GTS 180hp VVT lexus motor , 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 with fact roller cam, stainless headers, etc , Triumph TR8, with Buick aluminum V8 from the factory
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #142
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPinky View Post
son was stranded last night by his Focus on the way home from class and told me the error - [Parking aid fault - Service required]. i got online and found this forum.

we tried restarting for several minutes; normally, from outside remotely, from two different keys, and even disconnected the battery for 5min - but nothing worked.
had to lock it down and leave for the night.

returned this morning and gave it one more try before calling a tow-truck.
BEWM! it started!
my son drove it and i followed to our dealer - but only got about 2 blocks (of a 15mi trip) before the car stalled again with same error - this time in the middle of a busy intersection during morning rush hour.

i pulled up behind him, turned on my hazards, and called a dealer recommended towtruck.
thankfully, after a few minutes of waving through pissed-off drivers who were honking and generally being obnoxious about blocking the road, a Sherriff pulled up behind us. he turned on his lights and said he'd direct traffic around until the towtruck showed up.

the towtruck showed in 20min or so, tried to start the Focus a few time and then loaded her up on the flatbed.
arrived at the dealership and explained the problem - told the service rep about the TCM error i'd read here and the extended warranty info posted by you kickass mofos.

the service rep said they may be able to "reset" the TCM rather than replace. I hadn't heard/read here about resetting, so don't know if that's even an option - but the car is still to be diagnosed.

given the number of issues with this same error - rather than extend the warranty - i'm really upset and dissappointed that FORD didn't notify Focus owners of this obviously well-known defect. i understand recalls and such might be cause for concern in a marketing/PR sense, but not nearly as bad a the headlines, posts, social media notes, etc. are when something like this goes ignored and results in customers completely dissappointed in their product.

we have a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium, just over 40k miles - my son is a more careful driver than me; this car was his HS graduation gift, and it's his 'baby'. that, after talikng him out of a Hyundai Elantra. in the time we've had it, we also took the Focus in for the completely horrible, crappy, shaky, transmission that make you feel like your leaving red lights in a blender - when discussed with the dealer, we were told that THAT warranty had also been extended and as long as everything was running, that it would be fine. now i find this TCM issue.

i can't express how disappointed i am in FORD. i am upset, but mostly dissappointed, and up to this point i feel we've been lucky to avoid any real serious incidents, and we really do like the car - previously we owned a Ford Escape Limited and were so pleased with it, our dealer, and the service dept. that i wanted to stick with the brand when it came time for my son's first vehicle. i'm seriously regretting that decision now and will most likely consider another auto brand next time.

Still waiting on the diagnosis, but if it turns out to be something other than the TCM replacement under warranty, this will be the last Ford vehicle i ever own.

Sorry about the rant, but wanted to express my experiences and frustrations with the way Ford has addressed these types of issues with apparently more regard for prospective car buyers than those of us who have already chosen to own a Ford.

Ford = shit...that simple. Just dumped this garbage and bought a Mazda CX-5. Even when fixed, it's NEVER really fixed. The design is flawed and it can't be fixed. Any fix is temporary, hence the repeat complaints posted here. Don't listen to those Focus lovers. Those with supposed no issues are full of it or haven't experienced the issues..YET!!!

Unload it like rancid trash. Of course you could listen to the advocates here right after you have JACKASS tattooed on your forehead. FORD SUCKS!!! The fact that you had to come here...says it all.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #143
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBum View Post
Ah, gotcha. I emailed the guy my video, some other videos of the same thing the owners said was fixed by replacing them. I also emailed him 14M02.

We will see what happens. I just want my car back. We got it a month ago used (traded in my perfect 2014 Mustang GT to clear out some debt to make way for a house in the next year or two), and I have been kind of disappointed between this odd grindy noise in the front left area of the car and this no start thing. My wife wanted an Altima. Guess I should've listened XD. Guess I felt some sort of brand loyalty as my last 4 new cars have been 5.0 Mustangs.
Hi Ninjaburn,

Just to clarify, in case I missed it, are you currently working with a Ford Dealer towards a repair? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #144
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
You have every right to be upset. At this point, class action lawsuits have been started.
The way Ford has treated its buyers and their hard earned money is outrageous. You can see hundreds of posts here for over three years over what was supposed to be a small and limited problem.
Theg best part or ironic part is that if you mention this site as proof of the problem existing...they say this isn't an authorized site.

The "rub" is...why do they have folks from FORD such as Meagan here???
Old 09-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #145
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
C'mon Frandia, when I saw your name pop up I hoped you had a resolution finally. See you did by way of a different car, G/L with it.

This site was started privately and existed for a decade before any MkIII models were ever sold, and it's current ownership isn't FORD either. Can't be more "unauthorized" than that.

Quoting this place is like quoting any other rumor from the internet, doesn't mean much directly.

When videos of malfunctions mean nothing unless duplicated by a Dealer, you think any info. from here means something?

Ford reps. work many "social media" sites, think they own facebook too?

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 09-04-2015, 05:26 AM   #146
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
C'mon Frandia, when I saw your name pop up I hoped you had a resolution finally. See you did by way of a different car, G/L with it.

This site was started privately and existed for a decade before any MkIII models were ever sold, and it's current ownership isn't FORD either. Can't be more "unauthorized" than that.

Quoting this place is like quoting any other rumor from the internet, doesn't mean much directly.

When videos of malfunctions mean nothing unless duplicated by a Dealer, you think any info. from here means something?

Ford reps. work many "social media" sites, think they own facebook too?
Thanks. I love the new Mazda. My point about here was that this is a great site and the Regional Manager's boss is very aware of it and FORD SHOULD take it seriously and NOT demean it by saying it is unauthorized. These are real people with real issues.

My direct point is how FORD is hypocritical. They say this place is unauthorized then have their reps working it and more often than not...not being able to resolve anything more than what a customer can do on their own by calling the 800 number themselves.

I have a case pending with the BBB Autoline and they want to "talk" to me about a resolution. The car is gone...traded it in. I'm sure they now want to put a new TCM in. Screw them. That should have been offered and done 2 months ago.

Glad I am done with FORD forever.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:40 AM   #147
Old Phart

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Glad you found a deal that worked out for you - Really.

My first new car was a nightmare for problems, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Help through here is admittedly limited, Ford reps are facilitators not decision makers and the first level they can reach for many issues is the same anyone can also get in contact with through the phone system.

They do have some access above that level and to some other resources, but it's not wide open to higher levels. A bit more than the consumer or dealer can reach directly though, so sometimes helpful.

And for many seen here, this contact is the first they have for any help at all. The "impersonal internet" is just a keystroke away and it seems less intimidating than picking up a phone & waiting for help. Even see folks with typical emergencies (lost key, dead battery etc.) typing in here first, just to get the numbers for help they didn't leave in the car for some reason.

Often the Forum is good for personal contact & ideas from others - a shout out to anyone listening who might be able to help with info./suggestions/sympathy - or just a way to feel heard.

Like ProfPinky above, all we can do is hear him out & hope his latest problem is resolved quickly.

On the good side, sometimes the info. here really helps. Regularly steer people who think they're out of luck to one of the extended warranty (or even std. warranty they didn't know about) items with detailed info. in threads here. TCM under the emissions warranty info. saved a few before the extension who had ben told or assumed they were out of luck.

One just yesterday signed on & posted in another section, recently bought a '12 - turned down extended warranty - and when it started to give trouble he thought all would be on his nickel. Moved his thread from Engine & Trans Swap (maybe he thought J/Y was his only option) to here where he could read all the extended warranty info.. Better than nothing, bet he's still covered.

Cheers

S.R. #275
Old 09-04-2015, 07:02 PM   #148
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89563
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE

Points 228, Level 4
Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Taylor_H Good Standing Member
So my wife and I just bought our first new-ish car together (2013 Focus SE) this past weekend.

I drove it twice before we bought it, both times I went up to 70 on the highway just to be sure the trans felt the way it should, had no problems. However none of the driving was uphill, all flat.

Today I took it for a drive and encountered some steep hills and low speeds, it was horrible. Constantly felt like it was slipping, then it'd jerk a bit. Not sure if this is the same as the issue people on here are having, But can anyone help me out?

The car only has 37k on it.

Also I saw on one of the first posts something about it only lasting until the 30th of this month. does that apply to me as well?

I've already looked up the recalls not done on it by vin and scheduled an apt at ford on the 25th. But should I be worried about missing a cutoff date. and Should I be saving up for a big fix?

Any help or info is much appreciated!
Old 09-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #149
Old Phart

Points 33,746, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Time for more reading.

This thread is for TCM warranty extension info., and the typical problems from that are not shifting/not starting properly.

Many others about clutches/seals programming that also has a different warranty extension.

Only recall I remember is for some with a particular fuel pump, that one is just starting to get notifications. More info. on that one in the MkIII section.

S.R. #275
Old 09-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #150
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Glad you found a deal that worked out for you - Really.

My first new car was a nightmare for problems, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Help through here is admittedly limited, Ford reps are facilitators not decision makers and the first level they can reach for many issues is the same anyone can also get in contact with through the phone system.

They do have some access above that level and to some other resources, but it's not wide open to higher levels. A bit more than the consumer or dealer can reach directly though, so sometimes helpful.

And for many seen here, this contact is the first they have for any help at all. The "impersonal internet" is just a keystroke away and it seems less intimidating than picking up a phone & waiting for help. Even see folks with typical emergencies (lost key, dead battery etc.) typing in here first, just to get the numbers for help they didn't leave in the car for some reason.

Often the Forum is good for personal contact & ideas from others - a shout out to anyone listening who might be able to help with info./suggestions/sympathy - or just a way to feel heard.

Like ProfPinky above, all we can do is hear him out & hope his latest problem is resolved quickly.

On the good side, sometimes the info. here really helps. Regularly steer people who think they're out of luck to one of the extended warranty (or even std. warranty they didn't know about) items with detailed info. in threads here. TCM under the emissions warranty info. saved a few before the extension who had ben told or assumed they were out of luck.

One just yesterday signed on & posted in another section, recently bought a '12 - turned down extended warranty - and when it started to give trouble he thought all would be on his nickel. Moved his thread from Engine & Trans Swap (maybe he thought J/Y was his only option) to here where he could read all the extended warranty info.. Better than nothing, bet he's still covered.

Cheers
And not to toot my own horn or anything, this thread helped a few people get their money back after they paid out of pocket to get the TCM replaced. So this post alone helped people get a couple thousand back(or close to it)...
sailor likes this.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in