New Warranty Extension on TCM 14m02 - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #121
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frandia View Post
SNIP....

RANT OVER!!!

You are one angry person, instead of all this venom poisoning your life, just get rid of the thing. I know it may be expensive but the way you put it it seems to be your only choice left. Scream at us all you want, blame the people here all you want, believe want you want. But it wouldnt hurt my feelings if you got banned.

We ALL know about the DCT issues, there are THOUSANDS of posts about it but you spewing over and over and over isnt doing anyone any good.

Have a nice day and get yourself together, a car simply isnt worth all this turmoil.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/
rob_gray likes this.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 07:26 PM   #122
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
There's some extra info. for you from BeastMD, I just posted a link for you in the thread above this one. The early info. on a FSA reprogramming the system for added TCM warnings/codes is too late to help you avoid the hassle you experienced, but it will help many in the future. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/m...ion-15b22.html

Many here including myself have been "helping out" with the TCM problems that often don't show a code, shared info. here identified typical situations where the TCM was suspect LONG before most Dealers had any info. on the possibility at all. See "parking aid malfunction" threads for some examples.

My "Mod" functions on the Site (which is not associated with Ford) usually are no more onerous than moving threads to the best areas for help or making threads for "off topic" posts so they can also get more attention. Trying to help keep the peace when discussions/arguments cross over to personal attacks is the hardest part of the job to attempt to do judiciously with minimal interference.

Personal posts cover a wide range, but I started posting here primarily with tech. help and continue to "focus" on that when I can.

You seem shocked that many find this as their first contact point for any Ford assistance not directly from the first Dealer they go to. No point debating that or the reasons for it, it's simply a fact you can see throughout the MkIII sections in particular.

I usually leave suggestions to go outside of the Ford Warranty/special consideration/unusual issue system to others, since the quickest resolutions most often come while working within that system. Extreme cases will end up there, but pushing to go there early simply cuts off options for an easier solution by throwing the problems into the "legal" arena. Once the legal dept. has to approve any actions, little happens fast.

Some VERY odd/difficult situations found resolutions when the right reps/dealers got involved, including some that looked like no solution short of long litigation would help.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 08-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
There's some extra info. for you from BeastMD, I just posted a link for you in the thread above this one. The early info. on a FSA reprogramming the system for added TCM warnings/codes is too late to help you avoid the hassle you experienced, but it will help many in the future. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/m...ion-15b22.html

Many here including myself have been "helping out" with the TCM problems that often don't show a code, shared info. here identified typical situations where the TCM was suspect LONG before most Dealers had any info. on the possibility at all. See "parking aid malfunction" threads for some examples.

My "Mod" functions on the Site (which is not associated with Ford) usually are no more onerous than moving threads to the best areas for help or making threads for "off topic" posts so they can also get more attention. Trying to help keep the peace when discussions/arguments cross over to personal attacks is the hardest part of the job to attempt to do judiciously with minimal interference.

Personal posts cover a wide range, but I started posting here primarily with tech. help and continue to "focus" on that when I can.

You seem shocked that many find this as their first contact point for any Ford assistance not directly from the first Dealer they go to. No point debating that or the reasons for it, it's simply a fact you can see throughout the MkIII sections in particular.

I usually leave suggestions to go outside of the Ford Warranty/special consideration/unusual issue system to others, since the quickest resolutions most often come while working within that system. Extreme cases will end up there, but pushing to go there early simply cuts off options for an easier solution by throwing the problems into the "legal" arena. Once the legal dept. has to approve any actions, little happens fast.

Some VERY odd/difficult situations found resolutions when the right reps/dealers got involved, including some that looked like no solution short of long litigation would help.
Your forgot to mention you have the patience of a saint!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #124
Old Phart

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
BeastMD may be exaggerating, but thank you to him.

Quote:
You haven't been able to refute one thing that I posted nor prove it false. You want to shill for FORD, go ahead.
Didn't really address this, as I wasn't trying to respond to each point in detail.

I'm not trying to refute your posts in general, and the intent isn't to "shill" for Ford - particularly when you've got an issue the Dealer should have addressed. The Supervisor who got involved mentioned this as you already quoted.

Some dealers have their own agenda, and it's hard for a Manufacturer to overrule them and force a particular action. The worst will eventually loose out, but that doesn't help an individual in the meantime.

The suggestion to go elsewhere & start afresh, trying to work as amicably with the next Dealer as possible, is sometimes the only answer beyond taking it to another level - again as the supervisor you talked to commented.

If you've never been in the middle, doing your best to solve an issue for a customer while still being limited by what you CAN do (and get paid for), it's hard to appreciate what hoops even the best need to jump through when trying to help out with a difficult problem.

Closest example I remember was spending a LOT of unpaid time testing every wire & sensor on a new automated shift ATV that wouldn't work. At least it was a solid issue, not an intermittent that couldn't be reproduced for testing. Would have been MUCH easier to rob an ECU for the system from another unit, but that wasn't avail. and we needed to PROVE as well as possible that the wait for a replacement part was the only solution. Couldn't just order one up to try it, not acceptable to make the customer wait if avoidable and even worse to be stuck with a part not needed & never to be sold.

That was a top notch Dealer for customer service, willing to take a new unit out of commission to source an easily swapped part if available and spend their own nickel making sure the diagnosis was accurate when even that wasn't possible.

Customer still was understandably unhappy, one day of use on a new unit & wait a week for a warranty repair? Couldn't do anything but explain how we'd checked & tried every possibility to fix it sooner. (yes, the new part did the trick)

Been there when I couldn't do anything as well, new Cycle that had a gear whine the owner didn't like but was typical for ALL of that model/year. Same issue was present on earlier models with the same drivetrain, but muffled so it couldn't be heard by the bodywork on the different version. Would have happily taken it back as it hadn't been used beyond test ride miles, but he'd had us ship it out for custom changes and a "wrap" before wrapping vehicles was common - no longer possible to return it totally to stock. If only it had been ridden before customized, bought in the Winter as the first of a new model and modified before ever used.

S.R. #275
Old 08-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #125
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
BeastMD may be exaggerating, but thank you to him.

Didn't really address this, as I wasn't trying to respond to each point in detail.

I'm not trying to refute your posts in general, and the intent isn't to "shill" for Ford - particularly when you've got an issue the Dealer should have addressed. The Supervisor who got involved mentioned this as you already quoted.

Some dealers have their own agenda, and it's hard for a Manufacturer to overrule them and force a particular action. The worst will eventually loose out, but that doesn't help an individual in the meantime.

The suggestion to go elsewhere & start afresh, trying to work as amicably with the next Dealer as possible, is sometimes the only answer beyond taking it to another level - again as the supervisor you talked to commented.

If you've never been in the middle, doing your best to solve an issue for a customer while still being limited by what you CAN do (and get paid for), it's hard to appreciate what hoops even the best need to jump through when trying to help out with a difficult problem.

Closest example I remember was spending a LOT of unpaid time testing every wire & sensor on a new automated shift ATV that wouldn't work. At least it was a solid issue, not an intermittent that couldn't be reproduced for testing. Would have been MUCH easier to rob an ECU for the system from another unit, but that wasn't avail. and we needed to PROVE as well as possible that the wait for a replacement part was the only solution. Couldn't just order one up to try it, not acceptable to make the customer wait if avoidable and even worse to be stuck with a part not needed & never to be sold.

That was a top notch Dealer for customer service, willing to take a new unit out of commission to source an easily swapped part if available and spend their own nickel making sure the diagnosis was accurate when even that wasn't possible.

Customer still was understandably unhappy, one day of use on a new unit & wait a week for a warranty repair? Couldn't do anything but explain how we'd checked & tried every possibility to fix it sooner. (yes, the new part did the trick)

Been there when I couldn't do anything as well, new Cycle that had a gear whine the owner didn't like but was typical for ALL of that model/year. Same issue was present on earlier models with the same drivetrain, but muffled so it couldn't be heard by the bodywork on the different version. Would have happily taken it back as it hadn't been used beyond test ride miles, but he'd had us ship it out for custom changes and a "wrap" before wrapping vehicles was common - no longer possible to return it totally to stock. If only it had been ridden before customized, bought in the Winter as the first of a new model and modified before ever used.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in light of my reaction. I also thank you for the new info as I am going to have my local repair guy touch base with a different dealer before actually bringing the car in. The car had the 14MO1 work done in November of last year and it was running well so it may already have the most recent update unless this one is newer and the dealer actually is aware of it. You're right. Seems not all dealers are up to snuff.

Sorry that I said you were a shill but I took what a few others unkindly posted at me...out on you.

I'll let you know how it works out as I am still proceeding with the BBB Auto Line and will call one of the new numbers that Beast provided.

Thanks gain.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:00 AM   #126
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2015 Magnetic Titanium Hatchback

Points 2,501, Level 30
Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
I appreciate your patience and understanding in light of my reaction. I also thank you for the new info as I am going to have my local repair guy touch base with a different dealer before actually bringing the car in. The car had the 14MO1 work done in November of last year and it was running well so it may already have the most recent update unless this one is newer and the dealer actually is aware of it. You're right. Seems not all dealers are up to snuff.

Sorry that I said you were a shill but I took what a few others unkindly posted at me...out on you.

I'll let you know how it works out as I am still proceeding with the BBB Auto Line and will call one of the new numbers that Beast provided.

Thanks gain.
I hope everything works out well for you, Frandia.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:36 AM   #127
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: VW GTI, Mazda-3 after 2012-Focus

Points 632, Level 12
Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Can anyone else confirm this, I don't think I have seen even one 2015 Focus owner say they have had a DCT transmission problem. Not one.
2015-VW GTI DSG, 2013-mazda3 , 2012-Focus SE DCT trans , 2006-VW GTI , DSG trans ,2002 Celica GTS 180hp VVT lexus motor , 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 with fact roller cam, stainless headers, etc , Triumph TR8, with Buick aluminum V8 from the factory
Old 08-14-2015, 05:20 AM   #128
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2015 Magnetic Titanium Hatchback

Points 2,501, Level 30
Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
Can anyone else confirm this, I don't think I have seen even one 2015 Focus owner say they have had a DCT transmission problem. Not one.
Absolutely no problems here...it's a completely different feel, very smooth shifting, not even a hiccup. Granted, I'm only around 2000 miles, but it's a different experience from my 2012.

By that mileage on the 2012, the dealership was trying to convince me I hadn't driven it long enough, and it would get better (it didn't).
Old 08-14-2015, 06:14 AM   #129
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7278 View Post
I hope everything works out well for you, Frandia.
Thank you.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #130
Old Phart

Points 33,746, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Frandia - Best of luck, hope you can find a nearby dealer who can take a fresh look & solve this one for you.

One more hint from info posted here.

Keep the BBB on the back burner (don't want them contacting Ford yet) since once "legal" starts approvals from Ford need to go through their legal dept..

Might not matter if it's a BBB vs. Dealer to try for help, def. matters once Ford is contacted.

Can't be sure when they pass it to that level from a Dealer, but do you trust the one who didn't help you NOT to bump it to Ford?

District/regional CSM's MIGHT still need to sign off on another Dealer's request to cover diagnostics/repair they want to do, even though "simple" ones go direct to Ford by computer for approval. Wouldn't want to cut them out just yet, that regional sounds like he'd def. approve a dealer request and the district one prob. would as well - just wasn't ready to put his butt on the line to overrule a Dealer.

As you understand now, these comments are just ideas on how to "work the system" step by step to get the best result as soon as possible.

S.R. #275

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in