New Warranty Extension on TCM 14m02 - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #111
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 66334
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti Sedan Sport

Points 20, Level 1
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 kingsoup Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So the Revelstoke dealer took 4hrs to do a Trans code update and Sand off ONE ground wire, which they charged me 124$ for. I was outraged this wasn't somehow considered powertrain and asked them why I wasn't getting a new TCM, she said it wouldn't drop out of gear for them, I said it had to be really hot and driven for a while.

But thats ok after 1hr of driving straight up the rockies to rogers pass it started dropping out of gear again, it was delightful having to find a shoulder to pull off on and not get smoked by Semis, restart the car, and drive again praying it would keep running long enough to make it to the next Ford Dealer in Golden.

Those guys are doing it right though, they are getting a new TCM, the mechanic told me that Revelstoke should have known with those codes to replace the TCM, just like I said, and if they didn't have enough time, just tell me.

I called Ford Canada who was pretty much useless, they said they have no responsibility to help me get my money back on the ground wire. I asked about having the car transported back to my Home city (3.5hr drive away) from where it had a major powertrain failure under warranty, they said they have nothing to do with that, and its the dealers problem, he then tried to get me off the phone abrutly, I was nothing but polite, very disappointing service.

At the very least I'm getting a new TCM from a proper dealership, and worst case I'll have to burn 8hrs of my life and fuel going back to pickup the Focus and pray the TCM works again and doesn't shut down in the single lane\no shoulder\ultra deadly mountain pass outside Golden. Maybe the Dealer can help, but they had Zero idea about it when I asked yesterday.

Yep you can scratch F150 off my new truck list, back To Tundra. Its a shame as the Focus has been a wonderful car until this point, I understand warranty issues, but this is not being very helpful, I bet Toyota would do the same though, no wonder I never have new cars and always fix everything myself, lucky it didn't break down 3000km away on our last roadtrip.
Sigh
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #112
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frandia View Post
View this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXelGqmK1M

The better question is they knew the issue in 2011 and continue to install this transmission for the next 4 years. Then the bean counters play the odds and hope they can beat them and not have to make too many repairs. That's why they keep extending the warranty

14m01 and 14m02. wait long enough and there will be 14mo3.
How are they avoiding repairs by extending the warranty? Arent they adding repairs?
Old 08-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #113
Focus Enthusiast

Points 2,978, Level 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
You just said on another thread your fleet has no issues so why are you here defending them? That might be a better question. Maybe those with issues don't need to hear you telling them that they are the exception.
Where exactly did I defend Ford? I just gave you the numbers I got from my Fleet manager who passes along the Ford notices to me as he gets them because he knows I own one. The TCM issue is just much less of an occurrence in the fleet.

Again sucks you have issues, but giving the owners here a bunch of crap/posting the same stuff in multiple threads because you are pissed is wrong. I saw it once and I gave its due value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #114
Focus Enthusiast

Points 2,978, Level 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Watch the video. The code erases.

View this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXelGqmK1M

The won't do the 14mo2 work without the code which resets once the car is turned off and back on.
Ive seen it. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #115
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Time to CHILL OUT Sir,

Your current RANTs are just showing your lack of understanding & civility.

This site was NOT founded OR currently owned in any part by FORD, and attacking both members & a "Social Media Rep" from Ford does NOTHING to help your case.

Meagan for one has done a GREAT job to date WITHIN HER JOBS LIMITED AUTHORITY to cut through red tape & get people in touch with those who may be able to help.

This helps many who don't know the steps (outlined in their owner's manual) they can take to contact anyone beyond their local Dealer for help, and in some cases can bring in MORE help faster than that process could achieve.

NOW - PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE!

You're "yelling at the cashier" for mis-marked or unavailable items - it's NOT in her power to do any more than contact others who may be able to assist you. AND - if they can't either you need to take it up at a higher level.

Other members here can share information that may help, sympathize or share experiences, direct you to answers that helped them, etc.. THAT'S the LIMIT of what we can do to assist - yelling at members here is like Beating your Wife because you had a bad day, TOTALLY inappropriate and it will NOT be allowed to continue!

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 08-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #116
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 233322
What I Drive: 2017 Escape Titanium

Points 2,630, Level 31
Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 IlikePizza Good Standing Member
Frandia, I was not contacting Ford regarding them not fixing the problem, my issue was with the lack of contact with the manager to arrange a rental vehicle, and the length of time it took them to look at the car.

I brought my car in with no codes, they spent almost 3 hours trying to get it to throw a code, my service manager offered my the car over the weekend to try and get it to play up again, as they cannot submit the order for a TCM under warranty without the codes. As I was getting ready to get my car back, they managed to get the codes from the trans and get the TCM ordered.

I took my car over the weekend, and it took them a few hours today to fit the TCM and do a general checkup of the car (At no charge)

The car feels completely different now, it starts much quicker every time also. To be honest, I am completely happy with how ford has handled it, as a Salvage owner I expected not to be included in this, but I was and got the car fixed at no charge.
BeastMD likes this.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #117
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 233322
What I Drive: 2017 Escape Titanium

Points 2,630, Level 31
Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 IlikePizza Good Standing Member
Quote:
View this

The better question is they knew the issue in 2011 and continue to install this transmission for the next 4 years.
Not to keep this thing going, but I heard from a Service adviser that there are 9 revisions of the TCM, whether this is true or not I don't know. But I am inclined to believe it, and it shows Ford is actively working on getting the issue resolved.

My car feels completely fixed, its 100% smooth even at low speeds now.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #118
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

Points 137, Level 2
Points: 137, Level: 2 Points: 137, Level: 2 Points: 137, Level: 2
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsoup View Post
So the Revelstoke dealer took 4hrs to do a Trans code update and Sand off ONE ground wire, which they charged me 124$ for. I was outraged this wasn't somehow considered powertrain and asked them why I wasn't getting a new TCM, she said it wouldn't drop out of gear for them, I said it had to be really hot and driven for a while.

But thats ok after 1hr of driving straight up the rockies to rogers pass it started dropping out of gear again, it was delightful having to find a shoulder to pull off on and not get smoked by Semis, restart the car, and drive again praying it would keep running long enough to make it to the next Ford Dealer in Golden.

Those guys are doing it right though, they are getting a new TCM, the mechanic told me that Revelstoke should have known with those codes to replace the TCM, just like I said, and if they didn't have enough time, just tell me.

I called Ford Canada who was pretty much useless, they said they have no responsibility to help me get my money back on the ground wire. I asked about having the car transported back to my Home city (3.5hr drive away) from where it had a major powertrain failure under warranty, they said they have nothing to do with that, and its the dealers problem, he then tried to get me off the phone abrutly, I was nothing but polite, very disappointing service.

At the very least I'm getting a new TCM from a proper dealership, and worst case I'll have to burn 8hrs of my life and fuel going back to pickup the Focus and pray the TCM works again and doesn't shut down in the single lane\no shoulder\ultra deadly mountain pass outside Golden. Maybe the Dealer can help, but they had Zero idea about it when I asked yesterday.

Yep you can scratch F150 off my new truck list, back To Tundra. Its a shame as the Focus has been a wonderful car until this point, I understand warranty issues, but this is not being very helpful, I bet Toyota would do the same though, no wonder I never have new cars and always fix everything myself, lucky it didn't break down 3000km away on our last roadtrip.
Sigh
Hi kingsoup,

Let me see how I can assist you. In order to be able to help, I'll need a bit of info. Can you PM me your name/phone number, VIN, servicing dealer, and current odometer reading?

Mathieu

p: 800.565.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

Old 08-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #119
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikePizza View Post
Not to keep this thing going, but I heard from a Service adviser that there are 9 revisions of the TCM, whether this is true or not I don't know. But I am inclined to believe it, and it shows Ford is actively working on getting the issue resolved.

My car feels completely fixed, its 100% smooth even at low speeds now.
Yeah and only 9 revisions? Let me know how your car is running with your new TCM when it does it again.

So if FORD is actively working on it and the car is towed in from a reputable repair shop which they haven't denied, nor have the denied the codes were present and the Check Engine Light on ... why not fix he car if the codes reset? Just about every single instance involving loss of power or shutting down has resulted in in having the TCM being replaced.

You're the exception and not the rule otherwise are you calling everyone here that's frustrated and can't get their cars fixed liars? Seems so when all you can say to someone is "I got my TCM replaced and go post somewhere else.."

See any Reps come here and and refute anything I said, brain surgeon. Look at the phone number under their names it's the same one you can call on your own. They are the same people who put you into a loop were the dealer says they can't do much with authorization and Corporate says, no code, no fix.

You have a big mouth. Try using it to actually enlighten people and perhaps help them. Not everyone here, especially those new know the whole story or what they are in for.

And no one cares that you like Pizza.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #120
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Time to CHILL OUT Sir,

Your current RANTs are just showing your lack of understanding & civility.

This site was NOT founded OR currently owned in any part by FORD, and attacking both members & a "Social Media Rep" from Ford does NOTHING to help your case.

Meagan for one has done a GREAT job to date WITHIN HER JOBS LIMITED AUTHORITY to cut through red tape & get people in touch with those who may be able to help.

This helps many who don't know the steps (outlined in their owner's manual) they can take to contact anyone beyond their local Dealer for help, and in some cases can bring in MORE help faster than that process could achieve.

NOW - PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE!

You're "yelling at the cashier" for mis-marked or unavailable items - it's NOT in her power to do any more than contact others who may be able to assist you. AND - if they can't either you need to take it up at a higher level.

Other members here can share information that may help, sympathize or share experiences, direct you to answers that helped them, etc.. THAT'S the LIMIT of what we can do to assist - yelling at members here is like Beating your Wife because you had a bad day, TOTALLY inappropriate and it will NOT be allowed to continue!

You haven't been able to refute one thing that I posted nor prove it false. You want to shill for FORD, go ahead.

You know the saying, "you can't handle the truth".

You're the one that needs perspective and here it is...the REPS HERE WORK FOR FORD AND ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES YOU CAN REACH AT THE 800 number! Are you saying people are so stupid that they need help finding the 800 number after their dealership lies to them?

You may not want to acknowledge it but I will since I've talked to 6 or more of them. THEY CAN'T HELP unless one is a moron that can't find the CUSTOMER SERVICE phone number to begin with.

FORD doesn't care what gets posted here and that came from inside FORD. My purpose here was to HELP those that are thinking that posting here will result in some assistance. IT WON'T

Meagan will give you a CASE NUMBER. BFD..I have 8 of them and the car still loses power after two trips to different dealers and 9 days out of service. REFUTE THAT!!!

Maybe try being truthful and if I yelled at anyone it was because they attacked first. Only a moron would see what I posted as a rant since they can't refute a thing that was posted. Yes FORD is helpful. Tell that to all those here with repeated issues. This place should be called Ford Focus Chumps...especially the idiots that say they will buy another one after all the issues reported here. Glad they aren't Money Managers. See ya.

P.S. Want to help Meagan and Sailor?

Post a phone number to someone besides Customer Service. It won't happen. That's how FORD contains the complaints and prevents getting to people who actually could help if there weren't thousands of complaints.

Did You Sailor, Meagan or any REP advise anyone who can't seem to get help that that have at least one other line of recourse...the BBB Autoline. Well at least I did that much instead of telling people who are fed up not to rant or expose the fallacy of what the Reps here do. So this is "Social Media" then why are FORD's REPS here and when you mention this site to the REGIONAL Managers they say this site is not authorized. Riddle me that, Batman. It's all phony P.R. designed to dupe the dopes and quell the masses of people with issues.

No One will ever get further than their Regional Customer Service Manager unless they think outside the box. They only reason I was able to was because my RCSM was on vacation so her boss fielded my call.

RANT OVER!!!

Last edited by Frandia; 08-13-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in