New Warranty Extension on TCM 14m02 - Page 11 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #101
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikePizza View Post
Well today is the day I am supposed to have my car back, and yesterday when I phoned for a status they let me know they have not even looked at it yet so I am very doubtful I will get it back this week

The rental car is also a no-go as far as I can tell, I have tried to contact both of the service managers 5 times, and left 2 messages and can not get in contact with them at all. So even if there was a way to get one, I cant speak to anyone about it

I phoned Ford customer service and they said the total time for the diag and repair was 3 hours. So why has my car sat around doing nothing for most of the week?

I guess I will just rent another car from Hertz, and then look into the new Acura ILX (Only a few K more than a new titanium, but comes with a lot more to offer, including free loaner car for life)
Hi IlikePizza,

I'll be happy to look into this further. Do you have a case number? If so, please PM it to me. If not, your full name and VIN will work.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 11:14 PM   #102
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 66334
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti Sedan Sport

Points 20, Level 1
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 kingsoup Good Standing Member
Hey there, after a solid 3 years with our 2012 focus titanium, the trans started acting up. It would just drop out of gear, no power, wouldn't do anything until you stopped, shut it down, restart it, let the software boot, then it would start. Eventually I found that Sport Manual mode was better, shifting manually helped but it started dropping out of gear again on a super busy drive home (700km from home over the Rockies) it was pretty scary having to pull on a tiny shoulder, reboot the car, and keep going. We're hold up in a little town waiting for the Ford dealer in Revelstoke to open in the morning and hopefully they can check all the codes that are popping, give us a TCM or whatever is needed so we can get home.

So far Ford roadside assitance was pretty nice on the phone saying our hotel and food etc rental will be covered, I hope they can fix the car tomorrow or we can get home with a rental etc and get the car delivered.

Really disappointing, this was my first non Japanese car ever, its been a brilliant car until this, hopefully its like a new TCM and she'll keep going trouble free (horn stopped working though) I'm at 78,000 kms right now.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #103
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frandia View Post
You're wasting your time folks and the reps here just run you in a circular pattern......
I know youre pissed and stuff, but there is no reason to spam the same exact verbiage on every single post you can find. Everyone here knows about the shortcomings of the DCT and we all have to deal with the problem when/if it arrises.

Thanks.
rob_gray likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #104
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMD View Post
I know youre pissed and stuff, but there is no reason to spam the same exact verbiage on every single post you can find. Everyone here knows about the shortcomings of the DCT and we all have to deal with the problem when/if it arrises.

Thanks.
You just said on another thread your fleet has no issues so why are you here defending them? That might be a better question. Maybe those with issues don't need to hear you telling them that they are the exception.

Better yet it's not spam when they are on different threads. Worried that people might hear about a real case of FORD not acting in good faith instead of listening to you b.s. (ing) us that you have a fleet with over 100,000 miles on them. What division of FORD do you work for?

Slap a few odometer pictures here and maybe prove it isn't one car's odometer and maybe you'll be believable. I could name the rep who tried to help me but I don't want to embarrass her.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #105
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
You're wasting your time folks and the reps here just run you in a circular pattern. I had 4 claims numbers and evidence from independent repair shops all to no avail. I appealed to a rep here...wasting two days and she refers me back to the same Corporate clown...

Dealer position is no code, no fix. The reps here are paid to delay you...

You're being suckered here by the reps...
Hi again,

As I stated in my PM to you, your CSM is assigned by region, and thus would be handling your cases. The dealers must be able to replicate the concerns before they are able to determine a cause and a repair.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #106
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Quote:
You just said on another thread your fleet has no issues so why are you here defending them? That might be a better question. Maybe those with issues don't need to hear you telling them that they are the exception.

Better yet it's not spam when they are on different threads. Worried that people might hear about a real case of FORD not acting in good faith instead of listening to you b.s. (ing) us that you have a fleet with over 100,000 miles on them. What division of FORD do you work for?

Slap a few odometer pictures here and maybe prove it isn't one car's odometer and maybe you'll be believable. I could name the rep who tried to help me but I don't want to embarrass her.
You know what? Bleep you. I dont have to prove anything to you. Dont believe it, then dont believe it. This is my first Ford car and I have been in the same IT job for 23 years IN THE MEDICAL FIELD.

EDIT: And if I worked for Ford and knew about these issues WHY WOULD I BUY ONE? Eh? Look around I have many posts with pictures of my car.

Last edited by sailor; 08-05-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #107
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi again,

As I stated in my PM to you, your CSM is assigned by region, and thus would be handling your cases. The dealers must be able to replicate the concerns before they are able to determine a cause and a repair.

Meagan

And again, it was taken to an independent dealer and then towed, Check Engine Light was on, P090c code was in computer. Mysteriously disappeared when dealer took it for a ride.

Since you want to put your defensive 2 cents in, tell everyone how I contacted you for help you offered and I gave you the whole story and told you not to refer me back to Erica and you did just that AFTER I told you she would not authorize the fix. Is this your first rodeo? You wasted my time and your time.

Tell everyone as well how 14M02 states neither needs to be present for the repair to be made.

Let me help you...from the letter

Some of the affected vehicles may exhibit intermittent symptoms of loss oftransmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power. These symptoms are usually accompanied by a “Check Engine” light illuminated on the instrument cluster. These concerns may be caused by electrical circuit failures within the TCM. If the transmission is not serviced, these symptoms may become more frequent and of longer duration.

SERVICE ACTION
If an affected vehicle exhibits intermittent symptoms of loss of transmission engagement while driving, no-start, or a lack of power AND it is determined theTCM is the casual part, CODE WAS SUPPLIED> DID WE PULL IT FROM 4 PEOPLE'S ARSES?dealers are authorized to replace the TCM under this program. This program coverage begins after the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty Powertrain coverage and Emissions Warranty coverage. This service must be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Tell them how the dealer admits it is likely the cause. Maybe this will help:

WHAT IS YOUR VEHICLE SALES OR SERVICE ISSUE?:Been trying to get transmission serviced under program 14mo2. Car is unsafe. Dealer can't get authorization since check engine light went out after incident and code seems to be erased after car was towed to dealer. Regional Manager Erica Bright was contacted and proven to be an obstructionist in getting the work done. Demands code be printed out even though program letter says code not always available and check engine light not always on. Car is unsafe.
WHAT ACTION HAS YOUR DEALER TAKEN TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE?:Dealer wants to help but Erica Bright the Regional Sales Manager won't authorize it. Dealer was in touch with repair shop that initially looked at car and immediately had it towed to dealer. Code was po90c and check engine light was on. By the time dealer looked at it, light was off and code gone. TCM apparently needs replacing and Erica will not reimburse dealer if he makes repair. Car unsafe and at dealer one week, Nothing done except test driving to recreate issue. Car is dangerous. want fix under Program and Erica Bright refuses to acknowledge issue without computer print out even though dealer admits it likelyy happened since car was towed there. Just want it fixed. Going in circles.
WHAT ASSISTANCE ARE YOU SEEKING FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY?:Replace TCM under program 14mo2 which dealer off the record admits would likely resolve issue. Erica Bright is running obstruction and refuses to authorize work even though Ford admits that Check engine light is not always present and code is often gone from memory. Car unsafe. Ford admits issue is intermittent and warranty of TCM ends next month. Being stalled on getting repair. car back to dealer 6 times on various transmission issues.
Are you the owner of the vehicle :Yes
VIN : 1FAHP3XXXXXXX
MILEAGE : Approx 39,000
WHERE IS YOUR VEHICLE NOW : AtDealership
HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE DEALER :Yes
DEALER NAME XXXXXXXXXJ

Would like to explain this as well:

My name is Jeffrey, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I have reviewed your email regarding the concern on your 2012 Ford Focus. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As previously communicated with the CRC last 8/4/2015 8:39AM, our representative advised that Customer Service Manager Erica is working with your dealership to assist you and resolve your concern. I have verified that there is a set follow up scheduled 8/5/2015.

Please allow the set follow up date to occur so that your concern may properly be addressed.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Old 08-05-2015, 04:35 PM   #108
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Hi again,

Meagan

Peddling the same line I told YOU before you gave false hope as I am sure others have experienced as well?

Believe in God? Intelligent design? Can't prove those either.

So your and FORDS rely is this:

If a tree falls and the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

I stand by what I aid. Your intentions may be noble but you know the result 99% of the time.

If you're not here to run interference why does FORD have you here on a board that when you direct the customer and regional reps to... they repond by saying this site is not FORD authorized.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #109
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Hi again,

Meagan

^^^^ This is the typical FORD reply. They know it happened and happens or there would be no 14M02 yet they are in denial and want you to prove it to them because you have nothing better to do.

How do you prove something when it's intermittent and FORD during previous software updates built in a line of code to erase the memory once the vehicle is turned off.

View this folks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXelGqmK1M
Old 08-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #110
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
View this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXelGqmK1M

The better question is they knew the issue in 2011 and continue to install this transmission for the next 4 years. Then the bean counters play the odds and hope they can beat them and not have to make too many repairs. That's why they keep extending the warranty

14m01 and 14m02. wait long enough and there will be 14mo3.

And if they offer a whole new trans...it's one of the same bad ones. That's why they don't offer one or want a recall. They HAVE NO FIX

It's a circle jerk and they play their customers as jerks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in