Ford Focus & Fiesta Powershift Dual Clutch TCM Failure Symptoms - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2015, 12:19 AM   #51
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 233322
What I Drive: 2017 Escape Titanium

Points 2,630, Level 31
Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31 Points: 2,630, Level: 31
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 2 IlikePizza Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frandia View Post
I want to say this to all here. Some may think I'm whining but I am tying to help you. I have been battling FORD for nearly 3 1/2 years over this. I had the shudder issue and it was fixed and only 7 months later I now have the loss of power issue and they WILL not fix it unless you drive in with a Check Engine Light on and the right code in the car's memory.

Try getting there before both reset. Good Luck. That is why if you read your letter outlining the 14MO2 issue it clearly states the issue is intermittent. That is how they cover themselves. They also say the Check Engine Light "MAY" be present.

What they don't tell the public is that unless BOTH the Check Engine Light AND the Code are present when they look at your car, you will be told that they "can't replicate the issue" and be sent on your way. The dealer will claim they can't get paid under the warranty unless they can show FORD proof of the Check Engine Light and the Code(s) I had mine towed in with from a repair shop verifying the exact code needed and was sent home with an unsafe car that loses power. The have to hook up a laptop and drive the car then print out the data in order to get authorization for the warranty work to be covered.

Your wasting your time with the Reps here. Tell them the truth Meagan. You know my story better than I do. They very well may try to help but I feel they are naive as well. The only time they help is when a dealer is just totally unreasonable and merely tries to tell you there's no issue in the face of proof. If you fall into the gray area of an intermittent issue...you're screwed. Two different Reps here lead me around in circles for 4 days and then stopped communicating with me because the dealer along with my Regional Customer Service Manager would not authorize the repair due to what I outlined above.

As I said, if you don't meet all the requirements for a fix, you won't get one and no one will help. I even went to my Regional Manager's Supervisor and got nowhere. He told me to try Arbitration. He was kind enough to tell me that he's driving a 2012 with the same issues and has been aware of this website for years and reads it often. FORD doesn't care.

As long as they sell trucks and other models and the Focus to unknowing suckers, the bottom line is all that matters. Your life is just a statistic if it's going to cast them money. What kind of company lets people drive cars that lose power and shut down on highways? FORD.

If this video doesn't open your eyes, nothing will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXelGqmK1M

Guess what FORD's position is on this video? You Tube is not an authorized site. Pretty unbelievable but true. That is what they told me when I pointed my Regional Customer Service Manager to it.
I feel like buying another Focus just go against what you are saying, everyone here knows. Go post somewhere else maybe?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 12:23 AM   #52
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2015 Magnetic Titanium Hatchback

Points 2,501, Level 30
Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikePizza View Post
I feel like buying another Focus just go against what you are saying, everyone here knows. Go post somewhere else maybe?
I did. If it isn't improved, then I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:27 AM   #53
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101415
What I Drive: 2012, Red, SEL

Points 130, Level 2
Points: 130, Level: 2 Points: 130, Level: 2 Points: 130, Level: 2
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 2 DaK_Mojave Good Standing Member
Symptoms are starting to come back in spades. In most cases the car runs fine the first 10 miles or so, sometimes less but for the most part this is the mark, or at least at a place in my daily commute where the symptoms have a chance to show themselves. Last night was a tad different as the car usually shows it signs just after an extreme right hand on ramp where I use "S" mode to merge into traffic. Did have the normal low rpm 3rd to 4th gear shift but have learned to anticipate this. Don't like, and won't put up with it but since the service rep wanted 2k miles on it before bringing it in, that is what they will get. The problem now is a 90 degree right turn I take on to a secondary street. After making the turn it seems as the car just does not want to go. Have to put your foot to the floor to get it to move and before it will move the RPM's raise to about 3500 and sometimes 4000 RPM. Something similar happened earlier in the commute but I just jammed the car into "S" and floored it. Again, self shifting between 3 and 4 at low RPM. Getting back to the secondary road after the 90 degree turn, I was able to put my foot to the floor an have the RPM's come up with no transmission down shift or forward momentum what so ever.

Be calling next week to see if Ford will take the car back earlier than the 2k miles requested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #54
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 255705
What I Drive: 2012, Brown, Feces

Points 40, Level 1
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Frandia Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikePizza View Post

Know one said you were bright. Can't refute a person's truthful story so you attack the messenger. And don't tell me where to post until you're in charge around here. I'll likewise tell you where to go as well. (the place rhymes with that last word)
Old 08-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #55
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 186489
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Ti Performance Blue

Points 2,978, Level 33
Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33 Points: 2,978, Level: 33
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BeastMD Good Standing Member
Quote:
Know one said you were bright. Can't refute a person's truthful story so you attack the messenger. And don't tell me where to post until you're in charge around here. I'll likewise tell you where to go as well. (the place rhymes with that last word)
I still don't understand why you are giving US so much gruff. Did you ever file a claim with NHTSA? Or any other follow up with Ford? Try finding some executive email addresses. Look up "executive email carpet bomb". Has worked for me in the past.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #56
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMD View Post
I still don't understand why you are giving US so much gruff. Did you ever file a claim with NHTSA? Or any other follow up with Ford? Try finding some executive email addresses. Look up "executive email carpet bomb". Has worked for me in the past.
I'm giving gruff? My comments are for those that might benefit from them and here's "Pizzaboy" who is clueless telling me to go post elsewhere.

I did all those things and even wrote to people on the Board of Directors. 12 letters in all but so far..nada. But it tales time to flow through the channels.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #57
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 243266
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Focus HB SE

Points 1,250, Level 19
Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rob_gray Good Standing Member
Quote:
I'm giving gruff? My comments are for those that might benefit from them and here's "Pizzaboy" who is clueless telling me to go post elsewhere.

I did all those things and even wrote to people on the Board of Directors. 12 letters in all but so far..nada. But it tales time to flow through the channels.
My guess is that you joined this forum to merely show your displeasure. Did you research this car before you bought it? Why not do your due diligence, if you had, you would have seen several other people posting about their issues... So if you did research it then why buy the car that has this sort of problem? We get it dude.......btw the car has been out since 2011...its 2015 currently.. do you think youre the first with this issue?
Old 08-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #58
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_gray View Post
My guess is that you joined this forum to merely show your displeasure. Did you research this car before you bought it? Why not do your due diligence, if you had, you would have seen several other people posting about their issues... So if you did research it then why buy the car that has this sort of problem? We get it dude.......btw the car has been out since 2011...its 2015 currently.. do you think youre the first with this issue?
Hey "dude" the car was highly touted in Consumer Reports and had a reputation for reliability until the *******s at FORD decided to change the trans, "dude".

Back in 2011 "dude" the complaints were far less and the TWO later known issues weren't prevalent, "dude".

Did I say I was the first or did I say that besides griping like others I gave a few hints as to where to get some help other than REPs pretending they're any different than the ones at the 800 number, "dude". Why give false hope when there is little.

Did you notice "dude" that some that did get a fix still have the problem?
Old 08-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #59
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 243266
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Focus HB SE

Points 1,250, Level 19
Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rob_gray Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hey "dude" the car was highly touted in Consumer Reports and had a reputation for reliability until the *******s at FORD decided to change the trans, "dude".

Back in 2011 "dude" the complaints were far less and the TWO later known issues weren't prevalent, "dude".

Did I say I was the first or did I say that besides griping like others I gave a few hints as to where to get some help other than REPs pretending they're any different than the ones at the 800 number, "dude". Why give false hope when there is little.

Did you notice "dude" that some that did get a fix still have the problem?
youre clearly leading a very rewarding life. ill leave you be
Old 08-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #60
Focus Enthusiast

Points 40, Level 1
Level Up 80% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_gray View Post
youre clearly leading a very rewarding life. ill leave you be

Maybe, maybe not but at least I'm not touting the rewards of a pile of crap or subscribing to the misery enjoys company theory so just forget it and let FORD lie and shit all over everyone.!

What have you done to try to help and enlighten those that may just be realizing the issues they will be facing? At least Beast offered some info.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in