Ford Focus & Fiesta Powershift Dual Clutch TCM Failure Symptoms - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #91
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skabialkah View Post
Had/Have a problem with the TCM. About 3 months ago I drove down the street to the store, then when I tried to start the car, nothing, no clicking no anything. Spent an hour trying to figure it out checking for any melted wires ect and nothing. Rented a car trailer and for the heck of it tried to start it again, it fired right up followed by the change oil light, btw i had just changed the oil a week before. Took it to the dealer around 80k miles on it, thank you extended warrenty, they said it was a TCM fault and they replaced it. A week or 2 later we got a letter saying the original TCM was recalled. We assumed that having a new one ment we didnt need to take it in to get it fixed again. Just this morning on my way to work stopped to get gas and it decideds it wants to do the no start thing again, this time with low battery warnings and clicking from the starter, even if the key was not fully in ignition. Attempted jump start with no results ended up pushing the car out of the way and trying to jumpstart again an hour later, this time it starts with the warning of transmision fault service now, then check engine warning then no warining lights all in a matter of 1 min. Hauled it to ford dealer again, result TCM malfunction. There were no warrning signs and now we have 98k on it so it wont be covered for much longer, my question is, is there an acctual fix for this or is it time to trade in for a different vehicle before the warenty runs out?
Hi skabialkah,

Welcome to the forum! I want to look into this further. Please send me a private message with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101415
What I Drive: 2012, Red, SEL

Points 130, Level 2
Points: 130, Level: 2 Points: 130, Level: 2 Points: 130, Level: 2
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 2 DaK_Mojave Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
It's a supplier issue(I know ford ultimately responsible) The replacements had the same issue as the originals, this is why 15B22 was issued. It warns(and stores) the owner when symptoms of a failure start. The newest version is fixed, not sure how much inventory(if any) they are going to continue to use. Or at least this is what my sources tell me.
This will be the second, maybe third TCM installed. We shall see how long it lasts. Know its negative but one can only base future assumptions on past performances. May this prove me wrong and be the exception.

I got no indications and warnings on the dash. Just your typical hesitation, RPM increase with no acceleration and so on.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #93
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2016 Kona Blue Titanium

Points 2,278, Level 28
Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 5 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK_Mojave View Post

I got no indications and warnings on the dash. Just your typical hesitation, RPM increase with no acceleration and so on.
Did you have TSB 15B22 installed previously?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #94
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Those don't even sound like normal TCM issues as described, more like clutch ones.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 12-05-2015, 08:00 AM   #95
Focus Enthusiast

Points 130, Level 2
Level Up 60% Completed
Forum Activity 22%
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Did you have TSB 15B22 installed previously?

Don't know what they installed, they stated they changed the TCM and that is what is written on the work order. More symptoms have crept in since this last repair...

The one I really don't like is when I accelerated from about 45 to about 65 and the RPM's and speed continued to increase when I left off the gas. Tapped the brake and that stopped the RPM and speed increase. Don't know what is causing it, but up until this last "fix" the car never did this before. Still experiencing transmission slippage and lack of power from a full stop intermittently.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #96
Focus Enthusiast

Points 130, Level 2
Level Up 60% Completed
Forum Activity 22%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Those don't even sound like normal TCM issues as described, more like clutch ones.

probably is the clutches but since they just replaced the TCM on 2DEC it has become worse.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:41 PM   #97
Focus Enthusiast

Points 130, Level 2
Level Up 60% Completed
Forum Activity 22%
Welp, my issue with the 3rd to 4th gear auto shift while in sport mode is back. UGH...what a PITA!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:56 PM   #98
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 281809
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Race Red Sedan

Points 209, Level 4
Points: 209, Level: 4 Points: 209, Level: 4 Points: 209, Level: 4
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 mysticreach Good Standing Member
Reading these posts im worried my dealer might give me the run around. My 2012 SEL just died and wont start. Cant take it to the dealer cause of New Years and I have to work Monday. Called my dealer and the service adviser said "sounds like you need a TCM" Sould I be worried? How long do these repairs take? My car only has 50k and I just spent 150 bucks there on a battery thinking it was the issue cause it was 3 years old. Will thy provide me with a courtesy car? How do I get it there if I cant get it to start again, will they tow it there for me? They have been pretty mum on this. Have said in a service request that "it was starting to shutter and couldn't start". You think they would have been forthright before I spent my money. Whats starting to make me mad was they played these problems off like it was nothing and did so in front of my 3yr son. Is this what I can expect from ford in the future?
Old 01-01-2016, 08:43 AM   #99
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2016 Kona Blue Titanium

Points 2,278, Level 28
Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28 Points: 2,278, Level: 28
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 5 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticreach View Post
Reading these posts im worried my dealer might give me the run around. My 2012 SEL just died and wont start. Cant take it to the dealer cause of New Years and I have to work Monday. Called my dealer and the service adviser said "sounds like you need a TCM" Sould I be worried? How long do these repairs take? My car only has 50k and I just spent 150 bucks there on a battery thinking it was the issue cause it was 3 years old. Will thy provide me with a courtesy car? How do I get it there if I cant get it to start again, will they tow it there for me? They have been pretty mum on this. Have said in a service request that "it was starting to shutter and couldn't start". You think they would have been forthright before I spent my money. Whats starting to make me mad was they played these problems off like it was nothing and did so in front of my 3yr son. Is this what I can expect from ford in the future?
No need to double post. It's your dealer not not ford treating you that way. If you're not comfortable with them find another dealer.
sailor and mysticreach like this.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #100
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 100,475, Level 100
Points: 100,475, Level: 100 Points: 100,475, Level: 100 Points: 100,475, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK_Mojave View Post
Welp, my issue with the 3rd to 4th gear auto shift while in sport mode is back. UGH...what a PITA!
You should try my tune , I can make your sport mode work like it should and shift when you hit the button not when it wants to shift on its own ,

I can more then likely cure all your TCM issues and I doubt your clutches are bad ,
I doubt any of the clutches that were changed were bad other then the ones that got oil on them

I have a 2012 and still on stock clutches and TCM . all problems cured and VERY good MPG as well with my tune

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in