14M01 Ford Dual Clutch Warranty Extension Details and New TSB Clutch Parts! - Page 221 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree308Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #2201
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 1,012, Level 17
Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
Itís not driveable unfortunately, it will go into reverse but not supply any powers to the wheels. It just revs. The dealership is having to put it in neutral and push it around the dealership to work on it.
Honestly, I would say that your situation isn't really related to the usual DPS6 mess and as such, you likely won't get much help from Ford.

I'd say fix it (and try to lump it in with usual DPS6 shenanigans for reimbursement one day down the road in the nebulous future) or trade it in.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 07:38 PM   #2202
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 358873
What I Drive: 2016 Focus SE

Points 428, Level 8
Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 FordFailus2016 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
2012 Focus SEL: 115k miles.

That's good to hear about the actuators. The dealership though said the actuators went out and caused damage to something else in the transmission. So I'd have to get more details from them about what else is wrong before I attempt the repairs myself. Any idea how much it would cost to fix the actuators?
Go figure. Something goes wrong and damages something else. I've heard of TCMs damaging the clutches. I'd fight tooth and nail to get them to replace the clutches in that case. Their faulty part costing me money on something that wasn't damaged? Asinine.

The actuators aren't cheap but I believe there's worse. Think they go for about $150-$200 each. Much better than shelling almost 2k to greedy ole Ford.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using FF Mobile
Old 10-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #2203
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 416419
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 RLW001 Good Standing Member
Took my son's 2014 Ford Focus SE (50,320) to dealer fro recall and they said it needs the dual clutch replaced, but they also said it needs coolant reservoir and clutch fork because its rusty.
Has anyone had the dealer recommend parts that are not covered? Seems to me that they are just trying to pad the bill?

Last edited by RLW001; 10-03-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #2204
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 1,012, Level 17
Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW001 View Post
Took my son's 2014 Ford Focus SE (50,320) to dealer fro recall and they said it needs the dual clutch replaced, but they also said it needs coolant reservoir and clutch fork because its rusty.
Has anyone had the dealer recommend parts that are not covered? Seems to me that they are just trying to pad the bill?
As a cynical person, my first thought would be bill-padding, too. And if they're willing to lie to get some extra money, they're also willing to do a sh!t job or make sure your coolant reservoir is broken when you leave, even if it wasn't when you dropped it off.

I'd go to another dealership, personally.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #2205
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 6,535, Level 52
Points: 6,535, Level: 52 Points: 6,535, Level: 52 Points: 6,535, Level: 52
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 19 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
My dealer told me I needed a new passenger motor mount (I had just replaced it a year earlier) because it was leaking fluid. Turns out it was fine and coolant was just seeping onto it. Not sure how/why it cracked where it did but maybe it's common with aging?

I also paid to have my forks changed with my clutch because I wasn't going to risk having to pay for that to be opened up again.

Sent from my LG-H932 using FF Mobile
Old 10-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #2206
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 339178
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2003 Cent. Sedan

Points 850, Level 15
Points: 850, Level: 15 Points: 850, Level: 15 Points: 850, Level: 15
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 38%
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%
FF Reputation: 3 IrishBrewer Good Standing Member
Quote:
How do they know the clutch fork is rusty? The 14M01 DCT assessment procedure does not involve taking the transmission apart. So, this seems odd. See what they say when you ask. If ultimately, you have the fork replaced, have them take a picture prior to removal to show you what they're looking at and also have them save the part for you.

On one of my in-warranty clutch replacements, they said my rear main seal was leaking and needed to be replaced. I had to just take their word for it and opted to have it done as it would be much more as a standalone job. Still, $200 seemed like a lot for a part that is right there staring you in the face when you already have the transmission removed.
PratoN likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #2207
Focus Enthusiast

Points 850, Level 15
Level Up 50% Completed
Forum Activity 38%
Check out
. It starts with the tranny fully removed so already well into the job. Then at about the 6:35 mark, you can finally see the clutch fork. If they are going to this extent to assess your transmission for possible warranty work, lets be kind and say they are going above and beyond.
PratoN likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #2208
Focus Enthusiast

Points 850, Level 15
Level Up 50% Completed
Forum Activity 38%
In addition, all the oil that is in there due to the leaky seals will do a good job of warding off rust on the other parts.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #2209
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 416443
Points 2, Level 1
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 kgun12 Good Standing Member
I've got a 2012 Focus w/ 52k miles.. spent the first two years of ownership complaining to Ford mechanics about the clutch shudder. They kept telling me it was normal, sometimes would do a re-flash and re-learn. I got sick of complaining and just decided to live with it. Last Friday, the check engine light came on and the tranny would engage and disengage over and over again, the car rolled to a stop with the tach bouncing around. Had it towed to the dealer... they said they *could've* fixed it (leaky seal, oil leak to the clutch)... 60 days ago when my 14M01 window EXPIRED. I called Ford cust service, they said there was nothing they could do. I asked for a supervisor to call me back... nothing yet. Anyone have experience with pushing this through???

After the last 7 years I've spent with this car, I'd rather drive it off a cliff at this point than pay $3k to fix the transmission that both I *and* they knew was defective. This might be the last Ford I ever buy...

Last edited by kgun12; 10-04-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #2210
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86518
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

Points 35, Level 1
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Sleighter Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
I've got a 2012 Focus.. spent the first two years of ownership complaining to Ford mechanics about the clutch shudder. They kept telling me it was normal, sometimes would do a re-flash and re-learn. I got sick of complaining and just decided to live with it. Last Friday, the check engine light came on and the tranny would engage and disengage over and over again, the car rolled to a stop with the tach bouncing around. Had it towed to the dealer... they said they *could've* fixed it (leaky seal, oil leak to the clutch)... 60 days ago when my 14M01 window EXPIRED. I called Ford cust service, they said there was nothing they could do. I asked for a supervisor to call me back... nothing yet. Anyone have experience with pushing this through???

After the last 7 years I've spent with this car, I'd rather drive it off a cliff at this point than pay $3k to fix the transmission that both I *and* they knew was defective. This might be the last Ford I ever buy...

Good luck, in my experience they werenít willing to budge once you were out of warranty and they didnít care at all about my experience as a customer. This is my last Ford and Iím selling it this month to get away from this headache.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in