2012+ Transmission Shudder Issue Explained - Page 58 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #571
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79619
What I Drive: 01 black se wagon/14 white se sedan

Points 1,418, Level 21
Points: 1,418, Level: 21 Points: 1,418, Level: 21 Points: 1,418, Level: 21
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 7 sjfishon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
great reply Tom;;,seems you do know the story.what really gets me is, with all of my life problems there is usually a solution if you keep going up the ladder, but it seems fords latter is broken;;;;;nuf said; steve
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #572
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 290426
What I Drive: 2014, Race Red, SE HB

Points 59, Level 1
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 93Cobra#2771 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Add me to the list. Late production 2014 model (May of 2015) with 29k miles. 1/2 shudder, sometimes in first (barely noticeable) and sometimes while in fourth prior to shifting to fifth. Date with the dealer on Wednesday to diagnose.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #573
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,418, Level 21
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
welcome 93; we are the club on the ship that's sinking. sorry but there is no help coming, after you go back 4 times with all the software,and programming, they will tell you dont worry we will tear your new car apart as many times as we can,but they will never tell you there is no cure, i have a 16 year old focus wagon, it shifts perfect... if i would of been told about this before i bought, i wouldn't of.. steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #574
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 100,508, Level 100
Points: 100,508, Level: 100 Points: 100,508, Level: 100 Points: 100,508, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfishon View Post
welcome 93; we are the club on the ship that's sinking. sorry but there is no help coming, after you go back 4 times with all the software,and programming, they will tell you dont worry we will tear your new car apart as many times as we can,but they will never tell you there is no cure, i have a 16 year old focus wagon, it shifts perfect... if i would of been told about this before i bought, i wouldn't of.. steve
Yes but with my Custom Tune the ship will never sink LOL

Tom
TooOld likes this.
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #575
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,418, Level 21
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
tom;;;;;;;; with all due respect,, when the seal between the housing and block fails, all all your tunes in the world wont help,, ford has even came out with a brown seal, its made of a dif. material. but ges what this doesn't work.. this dry clutch was a mistake and ford wont step up and buy back, the defective cars.. i ,along with many cant afford to just dump it and buy again,, so i will let them continue to try to fix it, i get a good laugh each time.. see ,i don't think a lot of folks know its a seal problem,, not a tune problem;;;;;;;;;; all the tunes in the world wont help when oil gets on the clutch; steve
Old 03-15-2016, 06:09 PM   #576
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 100,508, Level 100
Points: 100,508, Level: 100 Points: 100,508, Level: 100 Points: 100,508, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Your actually incorrect , I have seen over 2 dozen of the clutches taken out while I was there because I wanted to see them my self ,I have a very close relationship with the local Ford dealerships , out of these 1 had a leaking seal and it was questionable if it was the cause of the shudder , none of the clutches looked to have ware

And your correct all the tunes in the world wont fix a leaking seal but the seal is rarely the issues or ALL my custom tunes to date wouldn't of cured my customers shudder like they have
One of my custom tune customers had 3 clutches changed still had the shudder , loaded my custom tune and its been over 8 months now and still no shudder
It isnt the seal 99% of the time

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #577
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 290418
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Ford Focus

Points 44, Level 1
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Focused4door Good Standing Member
Quote:
tom;;;;;;;; with all due respect,, when the seal between the housing and block fails, all all your tunes in the world wont help,, ford has even came out with a brown seal, its made of a dif. material. but ges what this doesn't work.. this dry clutch was a mistake and ford wont step up and buy back, the defective cars.. i ,along with many cant afford to just dump it and buy again,, so i will let them continue to try to fix it, i get a good laugh each time.. see ,i don't think a lot of folks know its a seal problem,, not a tune problem;;;;;;;;;; all the tunes in the world wont help when oil gets on the clutch; steve
There is very clearly a tune problem as well. I am not saying the seals are not an issue, just that even with good seals you can have issues. Ford dealer confirmed I have good seal and clutches, and running the latest firmware. My car shudders, jerks, hesitates to accelerate and grinds every bit as bad as it did before. It drives no different than previous occasions when I needed parts.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:25 AM   #578
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,418, Level 21
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
tom,, as simple as it is, you can go to you tube, and watch videos of these leaking black seals,the updated seal is brown;; i don't understand why you cant understand this, the amount of oil, or i should say oil vapor, that gets in the clutch area is so small you might not even see it,, the new seal, that ford made was;; made for a reason. it actually has a spring on it like a bottom unit on a boat motor.. now i wonder if you are really looking for the cause, or making money on the problem,, i suppose if you back off the shift force enough, you might make it seem better, kinda like a band aid'' steve
Old 03-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #579
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 243266
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Focus HB SE

Points 1,250, Level 19
Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rob_gray Good Standing Member
Quote:
tom,, as simple as it is, you can go to you tube, and watch videos of these leaking black seals,the updated seal is brown;; i don't understand why you cant understand this, the amount of oil, or i should say oil vapor, that gets in the clutch area is so small you might not even see it,, the new seal, that ford made was;; made for a reason. it actually has a spring on it like a bottom unit on a boat motor.. now i wonder if you are really looking for the cause, or making money on the problem,, i suppose if you back off the shift force enough, you might make it seem better, kinda like a band aid'' steve
it just seems as though you dont know what youre talking about... toms tune is a programming that allows the gears to shift smoother and more properly..considering people such as myself who have a good trans (and ive made my dealer inspect to check for leaks and the rpm or whatever they use to test the shuddering came back very low) still get minor shudders every now and again..because the programming that makes the gears shift a certain way...

Tom even says "And your correct all the tunes in the world wont fix a leaking seal but the seal is rarely the issues or ALL my custom tunes to date wouldn't of cured my customers shudder like they have
One of my custom tune customers had 3 clutches changed still had the shudder , loaded my custom tune and its been over 8 months now and still no shudder
It isnt the seal 99% of the time "
1turbofocus likes this.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #580
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,418, Level 21
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
rob; i don't think you really said anything new. the dealer will always say the seal is good unless its leaking on the floor; if you car was torn down, and they rubbed the seal with a clean finger,, bet there is fluid,,,,,,,, steve

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in