Engine Fault - Service Now | Engine dying while driving MkIII - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 127930
What I Drive: 2014 Dark Gray SE

Points 335, Level 6
Points: 335, Level: 6 Points: 335, Level: 6 Points: 335, Level: 6
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Metalcrack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
When I read this, this thread came to mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #22
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109165
What I Drive: 2013, Ingot Silver Metallic, SE

Points 65, Level 1
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 1 Scott U Good Standing Member
On Monday my Focus also displayed the Engine Fault, Service Engine Now alarm. Called the Ford roadside service and they picked up the car and took it to the dealer. The car sat for a day and when the dealer started it the message no longer appeared.The Tech took the car home yesterday to see if he experienced any problems, of course there were none. Over night Monday there was a thunderstorm with a lightning bolt striking nearby. Would that have affected anything? In addition I've noticed a lag in the acceleration in that the car reacts a second or so after I push on the pedal at steep hills. Does any of this tie together. The dealer has not given up however the car provides no clues. Any thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #23
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 6,562, Level 53
Points: 6,562, Level: 53 Points: 6,562, Level: 53 Points: 6,562, Level: 53
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 20 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott U View Post
On Monday my Focus also displayed the Engine Fault, Service Engine Now alarm. Called the Ford roadside service and they picked up the car and took it to the dealer. The car sat for a day and when the dealer started it the message no longer appeared.The Tech took the car home yesterday to see if he experienced any problems, of course there were none. Over night Monday there was a thunderstorm with a lightning bolt striking nearby. Would that have affected anything? In addition I've noticed a lag in the acceleration in that the car reacts a second or so after I push on the pedal at steep hills. Does any of this tie together. The dealer has not given up however the car provides no clues. Any thoughts?
I don't think the lightning strike would've done anything unless it actually hit your car or SUPER close to it. The delay in acceleration is actually pretty normal for this transmission; you just have to be 1 step ahead (knowing when you'll need to downshift) like when driving a manual.

The engine fault is definitely not normal. The fact that it went away sounds like a bad TCM to me, but it could also be a multitude of things (like the wiring harness issue) and now that there aren't any codes, it will be tougher to diagnose. I'd keep pressing the dealer to get it fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #24
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Good suggestions.

We've seen a few cases where the code(s) disappear for these problems once the car is shut off. If it's a one time thing, not so bad. If it repeats, you've got troubles needing a fix.

Some have needed to take it direct to a Dealership for code reading WHILE STILL RUNNING to help with diagnostics & get a repair. I'd suggest this if at all possible should it repeat with a running car.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 06-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #25
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott U View Post
Hello Scott U,

I'm Todd, and I'll be helping Meagan out on the forums for a spell.

I'm glad you were able to get your Ford Dealer involved early. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and dealer name; I'll look into next steps on my end.

Todd

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 11-22-2015, 11:05 PM   #26
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 269361
What I Drive: 2013, black, se

Points 48, Level 1
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 4%
FF Reputation: 1 RevHalvorson Good Standing Member
Is there a way to reset this code? Engine fault service now????????
Old 11-23-2015, 10:34 AM   #27
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 6,562, Level 53
Points: 6,562, Level: 53 Points: 6,562, Level: 53 Points: 6,562, Level: 53
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 20 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHalvorson View Post
Is there a way to reset this code? Engine fault service now????????
If anything, I think you WANT that code for proper diagnostics. Simply clearing the code isn't going to fix whatever problem you're having...
sailor likes this.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #28
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 269361
What I Drive: 2013, black, se

Points 48, Level 1
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 4%
FF Reputation: 1 RevHalvorson Good Standing Member
FYI, my car had the same code, and would not turn over but all electrics were fine. They replaced the TCM (the only electronic part that's warranteed), and it's all good, never had any issues since... They couldn't figure it out, sent all kinds of notes to Ford tech, and finally narrowed it to this. Lacombe AB Ford is the best!!!!
Old 03-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #29
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119886
What I Drive: gray 2014 ford focus

Points 65, Level 1
Level Up 30% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 mr2929 Good Standing Member
looks like my ford focus 2014 S is haivng the same issue its sitting at the ford dealership as they can't look at it till next week but with it being fairly young my guess is the harness which is covered under the recall correct?
Old 03-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #30
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119886
What I Drive: gray 2014 ford focus

Points 65, Level 1
Level Up 30% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 mr2929 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2929 View Post
looks like my ford focus 2014 S is haivng the same issue its sitting at the ford dealership as they can't look at it till next week but with it being fairly young my guess is the harness which is covered under the recall correct?

Just heard back from the dealer it's a wiring issue sounds like the wiring harness spoke with the dealer and ford.both.stated due to my Vin not being on the recall list I'll have to pay for the repair pretty disappointing news.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in