Looking for some one with the DCT Issues - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 98,715, Level 100
Points: 98,715, Level: 100 Points: 98,715, Level: 100 Points: 98,715, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Looking for some one with the DCT Issues

I am looking for some one that has DCT issues and actually wants to find a cure vs just complain about it

I have posted in 2 of the DCT issues threads and it seems everyone just wants to complain about there problem and not want to take a chance on fixing it

Here is what I am offering , to send out a SCT flash tuner and try to fix these issues your having with the DCT , If it doesnt work you will get a full refund when you return the flasher in good shape

A little back ground on me , I have been tuning the Ford Focus sense 1999 and I have owned over 10 of them and and now still own 3 one being a MKIII Tit DCT , I have tuned a few of them now and still working on the DCT but getting a good understanding of it and think that most of the issues people are having it with in the tune of the DCT which has its own ECU

The charge would be 399.00 and 20.00 for shipping and if 419.00 fixes peoples problems and you get better drivability would be a cheap price to pay and would give Ford a place to look for the fix

If you want to PM me about this or email me so Ford does not see whoos doing this that is fine with me

Tom

Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109094
What I Drive: 13' SE|HB

FF Reputation: 1 bigliketexas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd be willing to help, but I'm not financially able to send money to hold.
I've had my clutch pack, both seals, and rails replaced about 300miles ago, and while everything is going fine now, I still feel like its only a matter of time before it returns considering how ford has been sidestepping this issue.

Willing to help if you need.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
FF Affiliate

Points 98,715, Level 100
Points: 98,715, Level: 100 Points: 98,715, Level: 100 Points: 98,715, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
I would like to have some one that has issues now so we can work them out and see how the car drives and see if the problem goes away

Thanks for responding tho

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117795
What I Drive: 2013 Focus 2L TDCi 163PS (MPS6 DCT)

FF Reputation: 1 Et cetera Good Standing Member
If you could explain how this flash tuner works, I think it may help.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
FF Affiliate

Points 98,715, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
The SCT XCAL3 is a flash device that works through the OBDII port and loades custom tunes to both the engine computer and the DCT computer you can at any time go back to the original stock tune

The xcal3 will also datalog , check and read the CEL

I see you have the Turbo Diesel I am gladthis DCT will hold up to that amount of TQ thats good to know for future Turbo mods on our Gas engine , I only wish we could get the TDCI here in the US , I am a HUGH WVO (Waste Vegi oil) user in my Diesels

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 4,225, Level 41
Points: 4,225, Level: 41 Points: 4,225, Level: 41 Points: 4,225, Level: 41
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 17 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
The SCT XCAL3 is a flash device that works through the OBDII port and loades custom tunes to both the engine computer and the DCT computer you can at any time go back to the original stock tune

I see you have the Turbo Diesel I am gladthis DCT will hold up to that amount of TQ thats good to know for future Turbo mods on our Gas engine , I only wish we could get the TDCI here in the US , I am a HUGH WVO (Waste Vegi oil) user in my Diesels

Tom
It probably also does a good job of invalidating your factory warranty in the event of driveline problems. Manufacturers a aware of these "temporary" tunes and have measures to identify them. Maybe Ford wouldn't catch it, but I sure wouldn't take a chance.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 13,068, Level 74
Points: 13,068, Level: 74 Points: 13,068, Level: 74 Points: 13,068, Level: 74
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 41 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:

Tom
The TDCI uses the DCT450, which is a wet clutch transmission, not the lighter duty dry clutch DCT250. The DCT250 in the 2.0L GDI powered Focus is only rated to 250 Nm of torque or around 180 lb-ft vs the 450 Nm which is closer to 331 lb-ft of torque, and is the same rating as the MMT6 used in the Focus ST.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117795
What I Drive: 2013 Focus 2L TDCi 163PS (MPS6 DCT)

FF Reputation: 1 Et cetera Good Standing Member
Quote:

Tom
Interesting. If I want to do a couple of simple changes, for example delay the rpm at which the DCT upshift and downshift.. can it be done?

I don't really have any problem with my DCT (which like Suss6052 mentioned, is a wet-clutch version which is less problematic, but I have heard enough about the dry-clutch version to pique my interest) but would love to change how it shifts.

I am also interested since a guy here claims that he has a fix for DCT's (both Powershift and VW's DSG).

Yea, I bought this car to try (a) turbo diesel and (b) DCT. Love the turbo diesel but find the DCT a little difficult to get used to. Although I am having a little problem to debug the throttle delay - could it be tubo lag or could it be a DCT problem?

Thanks. If your device can allow me to reprogram the shift map, I'll be interested... (do need to do a little research, though). Let me know. Shipping to a US address would be ok.

Oh, just because I am new to this, please forgive me if the question sound stupid: so you have a "new program" that you are looking for users to flash into their systems to see if it works?

I always thought the DCT problem could be software-related but wonder why Ford had not figured it out by now if it was really the case. This guy I mentioned above believes it is not a software issue but the fix is relatively simple. I don't know what to believe anymore.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
FF Affiliate

Points 98,715, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
It probably also does a good job of invalidating your factory warranty in the event of driveline problems. Manufacturers a aware of these "temporary" tunes and have measures to identify them. Maybe Ford wouldn't catch it, but I sure wouldn't take a chance.
First there is nothing "temporary" about tuning its there and stays there till you remove the custom tune from your ECU just like when ford installed there Factory tune
Quote:
Manufacturers a aware of these "temporary" tunes and have measures to identify them.
What measures does the Manufacturers have of identifying if a flash has been changed or loaded ?
Unless you tell Ford you have a tune in your car they have no way of telling it is in there or has been changed
Quote:
Maybe Ford wouldn't catch it,
Now which is it Ford has a way to catch this or they dont you cant have it both ways ??????
If Ford doesnt catch it then who else would that could invalidate your factory warranty on your Ford product ? If you dont want to be involved in fixing your issues with your DCT then please stop posting things that you know nothing about

I am trying to help those that want this fixed not those that just want to complain about it getting fixed

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
FF Affiliate

Points 98,715, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The TDCI uses the DCT450, which is a wet clutch transmission, not the lighter duty dry clutch DCT250. The DCT250 in the 2.0L GDI powered Focus is only rated to 250 Nm of torque or around 180 lb-ft vs the 450 Nm which is closer to 331 lb-ft of torque, and is the same rating as the MMT6 used in the Focus ST.
They rated the SVT Focus Getreg to low # as well but have taken them to over 400HP to the wheels with no issues at all , thanks for the info about the 2 tho I was not aware of that

Tom

Customer Support
Email:

Site:

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in