acceleration problem - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #51
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 217394
Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Stutter1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I know. I've considered that. It's just a shame- I was so in love with this car when I first got it and before I found out about its chronic problem.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #52
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stutter1 View Post
I will, thanks. I am very concerned that the mpg just keeps getting worse and worse since they adjusted the computer to fix the shutter problem. I'll contact the dealer.
There are many things that contribute to lower mpg, including cold weather (and use of AC/heat), and break-in/relearning periods. Check out this link for more info.

Keep me in the loop with what your dealer says. :)

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 PM   #53
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 224082
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Moni110912 Good Standing Member
My Ford Focus seems accelerated its at 2 rpm all the time. They said maybe vaccum leak? Please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 231778
Points 1, Level 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 tvanden12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Hi pjhogan,

I'd like to get your regional Customer Service Manager involved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime contact number; I'll get the ball rolling!

Thanks,
Crystal
i bought my ford focus about six months ago and at 16,000 miles i am having the same problem... can you tell me if there is a recall on this mater??? i have researched and found this is a common problem...
Old 04-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #55
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 235146
Points 1, Level 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Katez123 Good Standing Member
Thumbs down brand new Ford Focus jerking constantly

I have a 2024 Ford Focus and I'm having the same issues.
It jerks like I own a stick shift when I accelerate or am in stop and go traffic, it's horrible and makes me feel like I got sold a car that doesn't feel new and smooth. I am very frustrated as well and was told "nothing was wrong" when I brought it in to ford.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #56
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Here's a thread with some basic information on how it works/how to get the best responses:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/m...look-here.html

We've got many others with more information as you look around in the "stickies" here.

Might help with figuring out what's up with yours, as it helps to know both how it works best & what it might feel like if it ISN'T working right to get the most help (here or at the Dealer).

Welcome to FF!

(many members can help with comments/advice, and Meagan (the Ford rep. who checks in here) can help with any Dealer issues)

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 04-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #57
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 1,740, Level 24
Points: 1,740, Level: 24 Points: 1,740, Level: 24 Points: 1,740, Level: 24
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 16 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katez123 View Post
It jerks like I own a stick shift when I accelerate or am in stop and go traffic, it's horrible and makes me feel like I got sold a car that doesn't feel new and smooth. I am very frustrated as well and was told "nothing was wrong" when I brought it in to ford.
Wow! Any pictures?
PratoN likes this.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #58
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 10,771, Level 68
Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68 Points: 10,771, Level: 68
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katez123 View Post
Welcome to the forum, Katez123!

The PowerShift 6 Speed Transmission is designed to provide the feel and efficiency of a manual transmission with the easy driving of an automatic. The PowerShift transmission automatically engages the next gear in anticipation of the shift, providing seamless shifting. It also has neutral idling, which disengages the transmission when sitting at idle, and helps to maximize fuel efficiency.

Because the PowerShift 6 Speed Transmission operates similarly to a manual transmission, you may notice some characteristics that provide a unique driving experience from the automatic transmission you may be used to:
  • When you take your foot off the accelerator pedal and the vehicle begins to slow down you may perceive a light to medium braking sensation as the transmissions makes adjustments.
  • During the break in period, the transmission may shift quicker or harder. This will smooth out after a short period of time.
  • You may hear mechanical noises when driving.
  • You may feel a difference when pulling away from a stop.

Have these symptoms been consistent since you bought your Focus? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check into some options.

Meagan

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

M - F 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 04-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #59
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 237530
What I Drive: 2013 white Ford Focus

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Jsierra08 Good Standing Member
I recently purchased a used 2013 Ford Focus from a dealership in San Antonio on January 28th 2015. Soon after a month the car began stall on me. I took it to the dealer and they found out it was the vapor valve having issues and it wasn't covered by the warranty I purchased (conveniently). After trying to figure why I had to pay for the part and service after not even having paid my first payment. The general manager just kept reiterating that they do a 172 point inspection. I was able to talk to a manager below and get the part to take to a local mechanic since they were charging me 350 for a part that costs 50 dollars.

Flash forward to today, I'm having another issue similar to the last. Except this time the car doesn't accelerate past 30 and it makes a clicking sound as I accelerate. It feels like it's trying to kick into gear of something. I'm getting tired of having car problems after just having this car for 3 months. Any suggestions as to what if can be or what I can do? Anything would be appreciated since I'm running out of options.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:02 PM   #60
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 245353
Points 2, Level 1
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 candih Good Standing Member
Ford Focus

I was just wondering if anyone had an update on this problem with the Ford Focus. I just bought a 2014 Focus manual and I am having the same problem. I am just over 35,000 miles so I don't think that Ford will do anything for me. I wish that I would have test drove it more than down the road when I bought it. Any updates on that chronic FORD?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in