Ford is in trouble, old class settlement rejected - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2019, 07:11 PM   #61
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 415565
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Tanner.roath96 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That whole leasing thing is a nightmare though. Back when I was first able to drive and actually lease something I had leased a fiat, I loved that car more then I think I love the thought of human life lol but when trying to give it back not a dealer around wanted a thing to do with it. Never really figured out why in the grand scheme of things because I eventually got the original place to take it back. I honestly feel like ford as a whole when in the shitter a long time ago.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2019, 07:13 PM   #62
Focus Addict

Fan#: 402829
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Focus,2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Points 727, Level 14
Points: 727, Level: 14 Points: 727, Level: 14 Points: 727, Level: 14
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 2 zacautomotive Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner.roath96 View Post
That whole leasing thing is a nightmare though. Back when I was first able to drive and actually lease something I had leased a fiat, I loved that car more then I think I love the thought of human life lol but when trying to give it back not a dealer around wanted a thing to do with it. Never really figured out why in the grand scheme of things because I eventually got the original place to take it back. I honestly feel like ford as a whole when in the shitter a long time ago.
What type of Fiat did you have.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Old 09-27-2019, 10:49 PM   #63
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 415565
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Tanner.roath96 Good Standing Member
Fiat 500 c. Badass little car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2019, 09:49 AM   #64
__________/\__

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: '16 Camaro RS '13 SE Hatch TOTALED

Points 159,652, Level 100
Points: 159,652, Level: 100 Points: 159,652, Level: 100 Points: 159,652, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 34 wavsine Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacautomotive View Post
two types of vehicles nobody should touch any vehicle with a dry dual-clutch transmission, and a Nissan with a CVT transmission.
Not just Nissan. JATCO (Japanese Automatic Transmission COmpany) is a subsidiary of Nissan and they supply CVT transmissions to many different auto manufacturers. They have a poor reputation for reliability.

I personally would avoid all CVT transmissions but that is becoming more difficult as the industry continues to adopt them.

My order of preference would be:

1. Manual transmission
2. Planetary automatic
3. Open the driver door and pedal with my left foot.
4. CVT transmission
Old 09-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #65
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 145746
What I Drive: 2016 SE Kona Blue

Points 1,127, Level 18
Points: 1,127, Level: 18 Points: 1,127, Level: 18 Points: 1,127, Level: 18
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 1 Dgolden Good Standing Member
I personally took a bath on my 14 Bc of the transmission traded it for the manual 16 and havenít had one problem

Sure would be nice if anyone would approve dang anything for us. At this point even a few hundred dollars would be great. Though I still believe it should be buyback and or replacement vehicle into the next class vehicle without this garbage tranny

Ahhh one can dream

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Old 09-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #66
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145602
Points 6,017, Level 50
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgolden View Post
I personally took a bath on my 14 Bc of the transmission traded it for the manual 16 and havenít had one problem

Sure would be nice if anyone would approve dang anything for us. At this point even a few hundred dollars would be great. Though I still believe it should be buyback and or replacement vehicle into the next class vehicle without this garbage tranny

Ahhh one can dream

They should be Lemon buybacks. Reports are that Ford continued to sell BRAND NEW DCTs knowing that the transmission was faulty. Regardless of the current mileage, that should qualify as a Lemon.

Sure, I could go out & do what you did. Trade mine for an ST, but Iíd be flushing 10-12k out of pocket down the toilet.

If Ford would compensate me & discount the price of an ST, Iíd do it in a heartbeat.

Dgolden likes this.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #67
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 145746
What I Drive: 2016 SE Kona Blue

Points 1,127, Level 18
Points: 1,127, Level: 18 Points: 1,127, Level: 18 Points: 1,127, Level: 18
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 1 Dgolden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerrun388 View Post
They should be Lemon buybacks. Reports are that Ford continued to sell BRAND NEW DCTs knowing that the transmission was faulty. Regardless of the current mileage, that should qualify as a Lemon.

Sure, I could go out & do what you did. Trade mine for an ST, but Iíd be flushing 10-12k out of pocket down the toilet.

If Ford would compensate me & discount the price of an ST, Iíd do it in a heartbeat.

Problem is they arenít making current model years on em anymore

Pokerrun388 likes this.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #68
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 1,002, Level 17
Points: 1,002, Level: 17 Points: 1,002, Level: 17 Points: 1,002, Level: 17
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgolden View Post
Sure would be nice if anyone would approve dang anything for us. At this point even a few hundred dollars would be great.
Although I'm responding to your comment, I don't mean to direct this at you personally: it's this sort of attitude that's the problem.

If folks didn't just throw up their hands and get all fatalistic about it, Ford would be in actual trouble. If folks didn't just accept a couple hundred bucks from a class action - but actually sued Ford for being so sh!tty and underhanded - Ford would get some actual punishment.

The reason is because your average judge isn't going to let Ford get away with this. A halfway-competent lawyer has a ton of evidence already. But who wants to go through the hassle without a guaranteed win? Folks think a couple of hundred bucks is the best they can expect and they take it, giving lawyers the lion's share and Ford a gentle slap on the wrist.

We obviously don't know about the NHTSA determination, yet, and there hasn't been a round 2 of the class action, but barring some miracle of justice, I'm guessing the whole thing will be scraps to us and peanuts to Ford. And if that's the case, I'm very seriously considering opting out of any class action and getting a real lawyer to go after Ford. If internal documentation from Ford itself and documentation of 3 clutch packs in 58k miles (with more to come, I'm sure) isn't enough to get more than a couple of hundred dollars and the extension of the warranty to what other companies already offer on new cars, I don't know what is.
demaille likes this.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:31 PM   #69
__________/\__

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: '16 Camaro RS '13 SE Hatch TOTALED

Points 159,652, Level 100
Points: 159,652, Level: 100 Points: 159,652, Level: 100 Points: 159,652, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 34 wavsine Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rczrider View Post
I'm very seriously considering opting out of any class action and getting a real lawyer to go after Ford.
No, you won't. A lawyer will likely not take this type of case on contingency and it will cost you $500 just to initially sit down and talk to the attorney. Then he will bill you in 15 minute increments for every conversation whether it is in person or on the phone. You will spend more on the attorney than you spent on out of pocket repairs for your transmission...and Ford knows that.

Ford is playing the game of attrition. This is similar to what Chrysler did with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic fuel tank was mounted behind the rear axle and the tanks ruptured in rear end collisions. This had the simultaneous effect of jamming the doors so they would not open and setting the vehicle on fire, burning the occupants to death. More people died in Jeep fires than died in Takata airbag shrapnel explosions. Chrysler successfully stalled the feds for a long time and finally agreed to install a trailer hitch to "protect" the fuel tank. Those Jeeps were never recalled and now so much time has passed that most of those vehicles have been retired and Chrysler got away with it.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #70
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 355553
What I Drive: 15 Focus Slow Edition

Points 460, Level 9
Points: 460, Level: 9 Points: 460, Level: 9 Points: 460, Level: 9
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 2 AdhesiveTeflon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavsine View Post
Ford is playing the game of attrition. This is similar to what Chrysler did with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic fuel tank was mounted behind the rear axle and the tanks ruptured in rear end collisions. This had the simultaneous effect of jamming the doors so they would not open and setting the vehicle on fire, burning the occupants to death. More people died in Jeep fires than died in Takata airbag shrapnel explosions. Chrysler successfully stalled the feds for a long time and finally agreed to install a trailer hitch to "protect" the fuel tank. Those Jeeps were never recalled and now so much time has passed that most of those vehicles have been retired and Chrysler got away with it.
Sounds just like the pinto issue.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in