Ford is in trouble, old class settlement rejected - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #11
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 339178
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2003 Cent. Sedan

Points 840, Level 15
Points: 840, Level: 15 Points: 840, Level: 15 Points: 840, Level: 15
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%
FF Reputation: 3 IrishBrewer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvandamme View Post
How about Ford puts in a 6 speed manual and we'll call it even. Which is what I shoulda got in the first place.
From what I gather, the six speed like they put in the STs are not compatible with this engine so it has to be the 5-speed which would be fine with me as that is what I'm currently doing. I got a low mileage one for $150 from a salvage yard not far from me and another $200 for the misc parts required. I'm adding a new clutch kit and seals to that and have pretty much all I need to do the job.
Ford is in trouble, old class settlement rejected-0909191659a_2.jpg
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 07:10 PM   #12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 415913
What I Drive: ford focus 2014

Points 7, Level 1
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 chuzziii Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered-by-FORD View Post
Prior and Current owners of these cars will receive absolutely Nothing..
Obviously this Transmission horror story has went on way longer than it should have.
In referencing the last offer Ford released, which is the extension of the transmission warranty to 100k, That's It, No More.
Lawsuits and reviews will drag this out until all the cars left on the road are past 100k or disposed of.
Forget it, "NOTHING" will benefit any owner going forward.
Ford is in the drivers seat now.
Not true.
I already got my letter from Ford stating they will reimburse all prior charges paid for clutch replacements.

Not ture
Old 09-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #13
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 409115
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 03blksvt1 Good Standing Member
Ford is in trouble? Lmbo. So people willingly and consciously purchased a car with an untested and new tech? Buyer beware. Same issue with the first gen five hundreds cvt. Nothing but problems. Anyone with half a brain knows you dont buy a first year model with new tech. Engineering and testing do their jobs just like you or I. Under real world conditions an varying driving habits some inputs are not accounted for or are deemed a lesser likelyhood. The focus at its introduction was always a cheaply made commuter car its refinement over the years didnt change that fact. The way some people talk about these cars youd think they bought a 50k luxury car with complaints from everything from ride comfort to performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145602
Points 6,017, Level 50
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Ford is in trouble, old class settlement rejected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvandamme View Post
How about Ford puts in a 6 speed manual and we'll call it even. Which is what I shoulda got in the first place.

Funny that you bring this up because I was just thinking to myself last night, on my commute home, how Iíd gladly replace my DCT with the 6-spd manual thatís in the ST today, if Ford would do it, but that would never happen.

Btw, I just received that customer satisfaction program 14M01 letter from Ford. Itís such a joke reading through that & especially when it talks about servicing the transmission, since there is no fix.

Instead of replacing a clutch ever other year, why not offer 2012-2016 DCT owners the option to switch to a manual? Seriously, how much would it cost vs. continuous repairs on a DCT?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

Last edited by Pokerrun388; 09-19-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #15
Focus Addict

Fan#: 402829
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Focus,2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Points 727, Level 14
Points: 727, Level: 14 Points: 727, Level: 14 Points: 727, Level: 14
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 2 zacautomotive Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerrun388 View Post
Funny that you bring this up because I was just thinking to myself last night, on my commute home, how Iíd gladly replace my DCT with the 6-spd manual thatís in the ST today, if Ford would do it, but that would never happen.

Btw, I just received that customer satisfaction program 14M01 letter from Ford. Itís such a joke reading through that & especially when it talks about servicing the transmission, since there is no fix.

Instead of replacing a clutch ever other year, why not offer 2012-2016 DCT owners the option to switch to a manual? Seriously, how much would it cost vs. continuous repairs on a DCT?

The vast majority would want an automatic not a manual. It doesn't cost Ford as much as you think technicians get paid crap on warranty repair work.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Pokerrun388 likes this.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #16
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 339178
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2003 Cent. Sedan

Points 840, Level 15
Points: 840, Level: 15 Points: 840, Level: 15 Points: 840, Level: 15
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 37%
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%
FF Reputation: 3 IrishBrewer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03blksvt1 View Post
Ford is in trouble? Lmbo. So people willingly and consciously purchased a car with an untested and new tech? Buyer beware. Same issue with the first gen five hundreds cvt. Nothing but problems. Anyone with half a brain knows you dont buy a first year model with new tech. Engineering and testing do their jobs just like you or I. Under real world conditions an varying driving habits some inputs are not accounted for or are deemed a lesser likelyhood. The focus at its introduction was always a cheaply made commuter car its refinement over the years didnt change that fact. The way some people talk about these cars youd think they bought a 50k luxury car with complaints from everything from ride comfort to performance.
Anyone with half a brain knows they put this same transmission in the Ford Focus and Fiesta for quite a few years and the problems didn't show up right away. People don't expect these to drive like a $50K luxury car, they expect them to drive like a similarly equipped car from any of their competitors. Furthermore, when problems are found in the design, they expect the manufacturer to find and implement a fix that has some longevity. I had three clutch replacements within a year and one TCM. Still isn't fixed. Are my expectations too high?

Also, if you have been keeping up on the story, Ford did experience these same problems in testing and chose to bury them and sell the car anyway. How can you not find fault with that? My daughter has a 5-speed Focus and it is a great car. Such is not the case with these DCT models. A properly working transmission is just as important as having an engine that starts. This is not a bells and whistles issue. Rather it is about the fundamentally basic function of the vehicle. Ford knew there were problems and gambled on the assumption that they could deal with it further on down the road. Guess what? They lost that bet. Pretty douchey of you to think this is funny.
Pokerrun388 likes this.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 1,002, Level 17
Points: 1,002, Level: 17 Points: 1,002, Level: 17 Points: 1,002, Level: 17
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
Oh boy, you're one of those people. Yeah, it's definitely the consumers' faults they aren't all mechanical engineers and/or didn't have crystal balls and/or were blatantly lied to. What dummies!

I don't know why I'm feeding the troll
Old 09-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #18
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145602
Points 6,017, Level 50
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Quote:

You just donít get it, do you? I was going to attempt to explain it to you but Iíd rather watch paint dry.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:12 PM   #19
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 409115
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 03blksvt1 Good Standing Member
Explain to me what? The fact you bought a POS and now its the companies fault? Theres been a recall. Theres been every effort to make it right albeit inconvenient for customers. Recalls are total tax right offs for car manifacturers so whatever "punishment " you have in mind will only be passed on. Label me the troll all you want im not the one pushing my car to work. Not unsympathetic just dont appreciate the negativity having a different OPINION . but like children get butt hurt over it why dont ya.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #20
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 355553
What I Drive: 15 Focus Slow Edition

Points 460, Level 9
Points: 460, Level: 9 Points: 460, Level: 9 Points: 460, Level: 9
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 2 AdhesiveTeflon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Explain to me what? The fact you bought a POS and now its the companies fault? Theres been a recall. Theres been every effort to make it right albeit inconvenient for customers. Recalls are total tax right offs for car manifacturers so whatever "punishment " you have in mind will only be passed on. Label me the troll all you want im not the one pushing my car to work. Not unsympathetic just dont appreciate the negativity having a different OPINION . but like children get butt hurt over it why dont ya.
Your "opinion" is not an opinion.

1.) There's no recall. A technical Service bulletin is not a recall. A lawsuit is not a recall. Please, show us where the recall is for the DCT.

2.) The focus historically has been a reliable compact car, and it still is with the exception of the DCT

3.) Ford knew there were issues with the DCT and still released it to the public.

EDIT: And to add, the replacement seals in the TSBs, ya know the ones that failed and let fluids seep onto the friction disks, are still the same AFAIK.
Pokerrun388 likes this.

Last edited by AdhesiveTeflon; 09-20-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in