I gave up. Shame on Ford - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 346962
What I Drive: 2016 red focus

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 hondab100s Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I gave up. Shame on Ford

I bought a new focus (2016) se and in 10k miles I had the transmission fixed 4 times and replaced twice. It would have been more than 4 times but they insisted I drive 5k miles for break in before repair. Rear main seal and a/c compressor also replaced. Transmission still came out of gear and took off by itself in parking lots. I had to sell it for a whopping 10k less than I paid as Ford engineers said everything is normal after driving the car (and dozens if not hundreds of others) around the block. A month later I bought a new honda insight. They said due to the focus' history they couldn't take it as trade in. This is my first new car. My grandfather worked for Ford his whole life. Shame on you Ford. Now Honda is taking care of me. You just lost a 60yr tradition. I used to hate honda and liked ford. Now it's reversed because you know you messed up and left a huge customer base stranded. Anyway I am sorry for those of you on the same boat. I hope you got a manual!!

RyanLee036 and zacautomotive like this.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 278401
What I Drive: 2013 Focus 5spd

Points 4,046, Level 40
Points: 4,046, Level: 40 Points: 4,046, Level: 40 Points: 4,046, Level: 40
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 82%
Activity: 82% Activity: 82% Activity: 82%
FF Reputation: 1 saintsfins Good Standing Member
That's beyond ridiculous and I don't blame you for being pissed.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 9,437, Level 65
Points: 9,437, Level: 65 Points: 9,437, Level: 65 Points: 9,437, Level: 65
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 62 amc49 Excellent Standing Member
'They said due to the focus' history they couldn't take it as trade in.'

That's some slap in the face there. And deservedly so, Ford has walked away from thousands of customers other than to offer to sell them another Ford to cure the issue. Like Nissan and their humongous CVT trans issue. Why Ford sales are dropping, it takes a while for things like that to kick in. But wait! They'll sell you a 'better' truck or SUV now.........you just didn't wait long enough.

I was a 40 year customer, didn't get soaked with a DCT but the way they are doing things now drove me off too. It took many years to work my way there, the company is not the same one it used to be. The DCT thing is merely a blatant example of what they do now. I've seen it coming for the last 20 years, it got much worse around year 2000.
RyanLee036 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91663
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 SES

Points 918, Level 16
Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 6 pbfoot Good Standing Member
Ford lost me on new cars when I purchased a 2005 Mustang in 2006 with 16000 miles. . I had every problem experienced by those that bought this first new generation model. In order : couldn't fill up gas tank unless very barely squeezing the handle. Car would bog and attempt to shut down when going from one freeway to another on a curved ramp. Tachometer quit working. Thermostat housing exploded. Coolant overflow tank cracked and leaked onto the cooling fan relay and shorted it out. Parking brake cables would freeze solid on below 32degree mornings. Manual transmission was shipped with low fluid and failed at 35000 miles even though I asked the dealership to check the level at 25k. They said it didn't need any. Warranty denied everything.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 346962
What I Drive: 2016 red focus

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 hondab100s Good Standing Member
Henry had an idea. To find a way to mass produce cars for the everyday consumer so they could afford it. It was always about the customer. Just what is it about now? Adding jobs in Mexico and give us mediocre product here? Subbing out engines and transmissions etc that don't work properly so they have no real idea how to fix their quirks? Just what do they hope will happen when they simply deny things are wrong to the point where owners are willing to lose more than half their money spent to get rid of this product.

BEST PART....at least now I don't need a rental when going on a trip. That car never saw more than 200 miles away from dealer. I got several rentals the 2 years i had it.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 137929
What I Drive: '05 Focus ZX5, '14 Dodge Dart Aero

Points 599, Level 11
Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 13 sykozis Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondab100s View Post
Henry had an idea. To find a way to mass produce cars for the everyday consumer so they could afford it. It was always about the customer. Just what is it about now? Adding jobs in Mexico and give us mediocre product here? Subbing out engines and transmissions etc that don't work properly so they have no real idea how to fix their quirks? Just what do they hope will happen when they simply deny things are wrong to the point where owners are willing to lose more than half their money spent to get rid of this product.

BEST PART....at least now I don't need a rental when going on a trip. That car never saw more than 200 miles away from dealer. I got several rentals the 2 years i had it.
Ford replaced their last CEO with one that has a history in the furniture business. The current CEO has basically destroyed the company. I'll be surprised if Ford is still around in 10 years. They're already facing lawsuits and federal investigations over the new Ranger and falsified fuel economy figures. The class-action suit over the DCT is starting up again.... This is what happens when you appoint someone as CEO that has no clue how a company should be run....
Old 06-26-2019, 08:16 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 336401
What I Drive: 2010 Focus S 5spd (sold May 2019)

Points 307, Level 6
Points: 307, Level: 6 Points: 307, Level: 6 Points: 307, Level: 6
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 2 RyanLee036 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
'They said due to the focus' history they couldn't take it as trade in.'

That's some slap in the face there. And deservedly so, Ford has walked away from thousands of customers other than to offer to sell them another Ford to cure the issue. Like Nissan and their humongous CVT trans issue. Why Ford sales are dropping, it takes a while for things like that to kick in. But wait! They'll sell you a 'better' truck or SUV now.........you just didn't wait long enough.

I was a 40 year customer, didn't get soaked with a DCT but the way they are doing things now drove me off too. It took many years to work my way there, the company is not the same one it used to be. The DCT thing is merely a blatant example of what they do now. I've seen it coming for the last 20 years, it got much worse around year 2000.
The fact that Ford uses a dry-clutch DCT for daily drivers blows my mind. A more efficient torque-converter automatic or a CVT would have been way better. Then again, most consumers don't know the difference between torque-converters, CVTs, and DCTs - "they're all automatics" is the attitude and it reflects how the general public doesn't educate themselves before buying something as important as a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykozis View Post
Ford replaced their last CEO with one that has a history in the furniture business. The current CEO has basically destroyed the company. I'll be surprised if Ford is still around in 10 years. They're already facing lawsuits and federal investigations over the new Ranger and falsified fuel economy figures. The class-action suit over the DCT is starting up again.... This is what happens when you appoint someone as CEO that has no clue how a company should be run....

Don't blame Mark Fields or Jim Hackett. After all, this car was designed while under Mulally's tenure. I don't like Hackett's way of running the company as well, but this isn't his fault admittedly.
felixthecat likes this.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Points 9,437, Level 65
Level Up 29% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
I hated one of the ones around year 2K, the Jacques T(ournear?) guy. The one who when he was told the cars could not get cheaper and prices could not be raised then proceeded to direct managers to eat their own all through the ranks. Class A Mechs that made pretty good salaries (they had the skills to justify it) then got the wages cut at over and over to make them low enough Ford drove huge numbers of them off to work for the competition. The leftover guys couldn't fix anything.

Not what you do unless you like to shoot yourself in the face.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 404647
What I Drive: 2007 Focus S, 72 Duster 340

Points 407, Level 8
Points: 407, Level: 8 Points: 407, Level: 8 Points: 407, Level: 8
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 1 Fourspeed Good Standing Member
You guys think you’ve got it bad. I’m a Chrysler guy!
Old 06-27-2019, 04:39 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Points 9,437, Level 65
Level Up 29% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Fiat is as bad as Renault is to Nissan. That last potential deal they pitched to Renault was a laughing stock joke, Fiat suggesting a 2+ billion cash payment to 'even things up'. What idiots! The only thing Fiat has is Mopar now. And almost every one made has a recall on it.

I watched close way back when Renault gutted AMC to be much worse than they were before the buyout. They were putting 75 hp. engines in 3300 lb. cars, it was utterly ridiculous. Even the post office complained, their mail Jeeps did not run as well and broke more often.

Last edited by amc49; 06-27-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in