Question regarding Focus SE Hatch “Sport Package” - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brandonwitmer1
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Fan#: 411195
What I Drive: 2017 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Posts: 28
Points 73, Level 1
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Brandonwitmer1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question regarding Focus SE Hatch “Sport Package”

Hi. I own a 2017 Ford Focus SE Hatch and I absolutely hate the plastic rear end. I have an axle-back exhaust system from Ford/Borla, so I can not purchase a ST or RS rear end. I saw that Ford used to make different rear valences for SE’s that had the sports package (I have heard that they discontinued it with the 2016’s) so I was wondering, would I be able to purchase a 2015-present rear valence and replace my ugly valence with it? And would I be able to use one designed for the Sedan on my Hatch (probably not)? Rockauto has them in stock but only for sedans. If not, where would you guys recommend looking? I have not been able to find them on eBay.

Thanks in advance,

- Brandon


Brandonwitmer1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
Focus Addict
 
Pokerrun388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Fan#: 145602
Posts: 724
Points 5,924, Level 49
Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a ‘13 & also hate the black plastic bottom moldings. The SE ‘Sport appearance package’ was only offered 2015-2016. I love how it looks & it reminds me of an ST from a distance. You can find a low mileage one for around 11-13k, which is a steal w/ the machined lip wheels.



Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
__________________
using FF Mobile
Pokerrun388 is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Fan#: 411195
What I Drive: 2017 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Posts: 28
Points 73, Level 1
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Brandonwitmer1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
After furthering my viewings, I have figured out that the Sedan valence will not fit the hatchback model (mostly due to the tail markers being different, along with the bumper itself). So, it is back to square one. I am gonna go ask Ford tomorrow about the part numbers, which I have found that will fit the hatchback model on Parts.Ford. Hopefully since it's a 2017 and the new body style was introduced in 2015, I'll just be able to remove the plastic garbage and snap in the rear valence if Ford indeed does say it fits.
Brandonwitmer1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Fan#: 411195
What I Drive: 2017 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Posts: 28
Points 73, Level 1
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Brandonwitmer1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerrun388 View Post
I have a ‘13 & also hate the black plastic bottom moldings. The SE ‘Sport appearance package’ was only offered 2015-2016. I love how it looks & it reminds me of an ST from a distance. You can find a low mileage one for around 11-13k, which is a steal w/ the machined lip wheels.



Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Haha, I wish they offered it on the 2017. I just got my 2017 SE about a month and a half ago. Was too risky going with the DCT on anything under that. So far, I've basically snatched the idea for this thing off the ST model (ST spoiler, ST wheels (non-snowflake), probably painted rockers if I can indeed pull this off) But I'm hoping that the valence from the package will fit it so I can get rid of the disgusting plastic.
Brandonwitmer1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
Focus Addict
 
Pokerrun388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Fan#: 145602
Posts: 724
Points 5,924, Level 49
Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonwitmer1 View Post
Haha, I wish they offered it on the 2017. I just got my 2017 SE about a month and a half ago. Was too risky going with the DCT on anything under that. So far, I've basically snatched the idea for this thing off the ST model (ST spoiler, ST wheels (non-snowflake), probably painted rockers if I can indeed pull this off) But I'm hoping that the valence from the package will fit it so I can get rid of the disgusting plastic.


I’m curious, do the 2015-2016 SE Sports have the same DCT as the early 2012-2014s? Or did they make changes for it to shift better & not shudder? A Ford sales guy told me last year to look for 2017-2018s & avoid 2012-2016s? But idk because I’ve never driven a 2016 or newer.



Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
__________________
using FF Mobile
Pokerrun388 is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Fan#: 411195
What I Drive: 2017 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Posts: 28
Points 73, Level 1
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Brandonwitmer1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerrun388 View Post
I’m curious, do the 2015-2016 SE Sports have the same DCT as the early 2012-2014s? Or did they make changes for it to shift better & not shudder? A Ford sales guy told me last year to look for 2017-2018s & avoid 2012-2016s? But idk because I’ve never driven a 2016 or newer.



Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

From what I was told at the dealership when I picked up my car, they said that the newer models have a better DCT in them. They then proceeded to tell me that the 2012-2016's were plagued with the issues, such as shuddering and the clutch nightmare. At the end of the day they told me that I made a great decision buying a newer Focus with Ford improving the DCT. My 17 does ride pretty smooth.
Pokerrun388 likes this.
Brandonwitmer1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #7
Focus Addict
 
Pokerrun388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Fan#: 145602
Posts: 724
Points 5,924, Level 49
Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonwitmer1 View Post
From what I was told at the dealership when I picked up my car, they said that the newer models have a better DCT in them. They then proceeded to tell me that the 2012-2016's were plagued with the issues, such as shuddering and the clutch nightmare. At the end of the day they told me that I made a great decision buying a newer Focus with Ford improving the DCT. My 17 does ride pretty smooth.




Okay thanks! I was pretty sure that was the case. I’m actually considering looking for a low mileage ‘17-‘18 just to try it out & see how much improved it is vs. my ‘13. Also, I’ll admit I like the body refresh much better on the 2015s & up.



Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
__________________
using FF Mobile
Pokerrun388 is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #8
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Fan#: 386993
Location: Laval, Canada
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Race Red hatch

Posts: 7
Points 16, Level 1
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 maschanck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonwitmer1 View Post
Hi. I own a 2017 Ford Focus SE Hatch and I absolutely hate the plastic rear end. I have an axle-back exhaust system from Ford/Borla, so I can not purchase a ST or RS rear end. I saw that Ford used to make different rear valences for SE’s that had the sports package (I have heard that they discontinued it with the 2016’s) so I was wondering, would I be able to purchase a 2015-present rear valence and replace my ugly valence with it? And would I be able to use one designed for the Sedan on my Hatch (probably not)? Rockauto has them in stock but only for sedans. If not, where would you guys recommend looking? I have not been able to find them on eBay.

Thanks in advance,

- Brandon
I did some research about the rear valence and the euro focus have a valence different to us. Much nicer than us haha But i seem to not be able to find one on ebay too. So, i would like to find one too if someone know where to find one
maschanck is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 10:55 AM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Fan#: 411195
What I Drive: 2017 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Posts: 28
Points 73, Level 1
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Brandonwitmer1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschanck View Post
I did some research about the rear valence and the euro focus have a valence different to us. Much nicer than us haha But i seem to not be able to find one on ebay too. So, i would like to find one too if someone know where to find one
Yeah, I’ve been looking around and haven’t had much luck. Ford said they required a VIN from a Focus with the package before they could give me any direct answer since they couldn’t find it out on Parts-Ford. I’m just hoping that since the Sport Package that was on the 15-16 MK3.5 that it’d hopefully fit on my 17.
Brandonwitmer1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 ST vs. 2013 GTI. Fight for the Hot Hatch King Title. SkyPilot General Car Chat Lounge 12 11-24-2012 08:31 PM
Ford debuts Focus Coupe-Cabriolet Kneel General Car Chat Lounge 50 10-02-2011 07:04 PM
All-new Ford Focus makes North American debut with high-tech style, projected 40 mpg FFTeam General Car Chat Lounge 0 11-16-2010 11:10 PM
The Ford Focus - General History and Information S2 General Car Chat Lounge 1 11-14-2008 02:04 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.




 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1