Zetec Rear Valence SEDAN Mod - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shade-010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 318497
What I Drive: 2013, White, Ford Focus

Points 5,176, Level 46
Points: 5,176, Level: 46 Points: 5,176, Level: 46 Points: 5,176, Level: 46
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Focus Filipino Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Zetec Rear Valence SEDAN Mod

Hi yall,

I'd like to put the Zetec rear valence on my 2013 Sedan but I'm aware that Zetec only makes the shorter hatchback size so there will need to be material made-up to compensate. FocusTripp has done this mod by joining together plastic from the OEM plastic to the end of the ZETEC plastic.

This got me thinking, since the Zetec kit comes in two parts, would it be possible to just mount the black part on my OEM valence? (See image below). I haven't found any pictures of the backside of that black piece, so I don't know if it will mount flush or if I'll have to do some grinding. I'd like to make this install as clean as possible.

Advice on how to do this kinda body work would be greatly appreciated! I'm quite handy/artsy with smaller projects (molding, painting, fabricating model kits) but I've never worked on a car. I'd love to learn the art :) Though there are other forums about the Zetecs I don't think there's one devote to installing it on sedans. I hope that this thread can act as a helpful tool one day to anyone who also wants to do this to their sedan.

**If you look at the picture there's also some questions concerning the widths and install of a WRX spoiler. SS Tuning has done it but they had to rebuild an entirely new spoiler- not something I can do, LOL!

Attached Thumbnails
Zetec Rear Valence SEDAN Mod-img_3207.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 319097
What I Drive: 2015 Tuxedo Black SE EcoBoost

Points 9, Level 1
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Brock_YXE Good Standing Member
Not sure about the regular SE, but the Sport/Appearance Package valence might be a better choice. Just looking at my car, and the Zetec valence looks like it would be able to be mounted on top of that valence.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Points 5,176, Level 46
Level Up 13% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock_YXE View Post
Not sure about the regular SE, but the Sport/Appearance Package valence might be a better choice. Just looking at my car, and the Zetec valence looks like it would be able to be mounted on top of that valence.
Brock,

I'm not sure what exact part you're referring to when you mention the sport/appearance package valance? Could you send a link to an example of which one you're talking about?

If the black diffuser part of the Zetec looks like it can directly mount to the plastic of the OEM bumper, do you think it would go on with bolts or even just double sided tape?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 27,681, Level 98
Points: 27,681, Level: 98 Points: 27,681, Level: 98 Points: 27,681, Level: 98
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 18 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock_YXE View Post
It won't, dimensions of that section are different, and we have a sponsored car that he did make a Zetec valance fit his sedan, with a lot of work, and still not a perfect fit, the OE black valance is different material, and textured, but good luck of u want to try urself or be prepared to pay a lot of labor having one made

Sent from my SM-N920V using FF Mobile
Focus Filipino likes this.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Points 5,176, Level 46
Level Up 13% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
It won't, dimensions of that section are different, and we have a sponsored car that he did make a Zetec valance fit his sedan, with a lot of work, and still not a perfect fit, the OE black valance is different material, and textured, but good luck of u want to try urself or be prepared to pay a lot of labor having one made

Sent from my SM-N920V using FF Mobile
Thanks for the heads up! How can I see pics of your sponsered car that did the Zetec valence fit? And by the way, I'm familiar with the RDC name and I love the Red Devil ST Sedan can- I'm getting confused with who's who though cause I see multiple members, I think, reply from the RDC group. :) Nice to meet you

This guy on youtube is the only one I've seen put a Zetec on the sedan:

I'd like to do what he's done without the screws and with the side "add-ons" laying flush with the plastic. I do see your point about the material and texture being different, therefore tacky to try and match up. Shoot... I hope I'm not too far in over my head. I'm an artist sort of but I have no experience doing this, so I hope more people on the forum will help me out

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in