Focus Sedan Spoiler: SS Tuning MOD - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 318497
What I Drive: 2013, White, Ford Focus

Points 5,176, Level 46
Points: 5,176, Level: 46 Points: 5,176, Level: 46 Points: 5,176, Level: 46
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Focus Filipino Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Sedan Spoiler: SS Tuning MOD

Hey folks,

This will no doubt be frowned upon by 99% of the drivers in the world... But please be respectful.

I came across this beautiful car by SS Tuning and love the way the STI spoiler looks on the back. I've been looking for a spoiler to add to my 2013 S Focus (I know, the lowest of the low), and the finish on this car just looks perfect to me. I found it on Ebay and wanted to get some opinions from experienced and talented people on this site.

Here's the car by SS Tuning:
SS-Tuning Ford Focus St Sedan | SS-Tuning Ford Focus St Sedan | Online store SS tuning car accessories

The spoiler I found on Ebay:
St Style Rear Trunk Spoiler Wing ABS Plastic Fits 08 14 Subaru WRX STI 4DR | eBay
and
St Style Rear Trunk Spoiler ABS Plastic Primed Fits 15 17 Subaru WRX STI 4DR | eBay

I don't plan on speeding, getting pulled over isn't fun- but as an artist and engineer I enjoy the way certain cars look and I can't help but find spoilers like this very pleasing to look at. Anyways, I emailed the ebay seller about the fit and here's his reply:
The edge to edge measurement from the mounting base of this spoiler will be around 47-1/2 inches. We may only guarantee the fitment of this spoiler for a 15-17 Subaru WRX STI 4-Door Sedan. We are not sure if this spoiler may compatible for your Ford Focus Sedan. Please do note that even the overall length of the mounting from this spoiler may seem fit, but this spoiler is NOT mounting on the perfect flat surface. The 15-17 Subaru trunk curvature is most likely differ than your Ford Focus.

Please do read and understand our return policy that if you purchased this spoiler to try it on your Ford Focus, but end up need to return due to not able to work out, there will be 20% restocking fees and you will also responsible for the return shipping to get a refund.

Does anyone think I could find a bodyshop that would make this work? Is it a simple fix; grind and measure until the spoiler sits flush on the flat sedan trunk lid? Any thoughtful advice is much appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
From prev. threads when the SS Tuning car first showed up all we know for sure is that they use the WRX STI rear spoiler for their Sedan kit.

Comparing measurements and looking at comparative curvatures of an actual Subaru sedan would be the best way to guess if any modifications were made to the spoiler base.

Doubt any modifications were major (if any), the point was getting something in production to use that they liked instead of spending to build something similar.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 08-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 246657
What I Drive: 2015 white Focus se

Points 8,078, Level 60
Points: 8,078, Level: 60 Points: 8,078, Level: 60 Points: 8,078, Level: 60
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 SlowhiteJr Good Standing Member
You can email the guy about the car, ask him how hard it was and go from there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
SS Tuning is a Ukranian company selling body kits/parts along with other performance items.

The Focus sedan project lists a number of items from their catalog used, but the spoiler is not included in current catalog offerings.

Can always ask about parts for the project as the catalog mentions, if they list the items they sell and tell you to source your own STI spoiler it's a partial answer.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 08-30-2016, 11:50 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105076
What I Drive: 2002 ZTS, 2012 mk3 hatch

Points 125, Level 2
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 2 cheezeus Good Standing Member
Disclaimer this post has no helpful information in it. That being said, I don't hate it but it's not my cup of tea. This is probably because I'm not into sedans tho lol. I wish you luck, and keep us posted. I'm curious.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Points 5,176, Level 46
Level Up 13% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
From prev. threads when the SS Tuning car first showed up all we know for sure is that they use the WRX STI rear spoiler for their Sedan kit.

Comparing measurements and looking at comparative curvatures of an actual Subaru sedan would be the best way to guess if any modifications were made to the spoiler base.

Doubt any modifications were major (if any), the point was getting something in production to use that they liked instead of spending to build something similar.

Yeah! Good news, I heard back from the man himself and he told me this:

"We digitized it and made molds, changed the width of the spoiler and changed the "legs" on which it mounts. So it looks similar but its completely reworked... We will be making another updated version and it will be available for sale."

Now this to me throws a wrench in my plans: Its completely custom work! This means that the body shop I've been in communications with is gonna have to do custom work to at least grind the legs and fill it with epoxy or something. That will probably be a couple hundred dollars over budget- likewise, ordering from the UK will probably be too much too.

At this point, does anyone have suggestions for websites/local stores and similar looking spoilers? What websites are trustworthy and which products should I be worried about quality? I'm looking for something very similar to this design that can be body color painted. If there isn't anything there I'm just gonna go with my original plan and get a carbon fiber looking spoiler...

And I don't want anything that looks "2000's-2005's" the style has to be angular-ish. The 2005 Subaru spoiler for example, just doesn't flow well with the new Focus angles. Thanks for any suggestions in advance. :)
Old 09-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 120081
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE w/Sport Package

Points 5,456, Level 47
Points: 5,456, Level: 47 Points: 5,456, Level: 47 Points: 5,456, Level: 47
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 rebelx Good Standing Member
Definitely not liking this look as it's way too ricer for me.

I am interested in the ST sedan though. Looks dope!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:37 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 1,742, Level 24
Points: 1,742, Level: 24 Points: 1,742, Level: 24 Points: 1,742, Level: 24
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 16 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloFrontier View Post
Yeah! Good news, I heard back from the man himself and he told me this:

"We digitized it and made molds, changed the width of the spoiler and changed the "legs" on which it mounts. So it looks similar but its completely reworked... We will be making another updated version and it will be available for sale."
Automotive plagiarism?

I think it looks OK, but only because it has that bigger than stock rear valance, exhaust tips, and the 19" wheels and other body panels to balance it out. (Would look silly on my stock SE.)
Focus Filipino likes this.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Points 5,176, Level 46
Level Up 13% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
Automotive plagiarism?

I think it looks OK, but only because it has that bigger than stock rear valance, exhaust tips, and the 19" wheels and other body panels to balance it out. (Would look silly on my stock SE.)

I'm still waiting for this to come out, I really want to buy it and make my car look like a childhood Hotwheels toy haha. I've been looking into buying the STI spoiler stock from Ebay ($100 unpainted) and just trying to fit it myself. It's pretty daunting to think about getting it and finding it wont line up at all...
Old 11-25-2016, 11:03 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 232842
What I Drive: 2014 Black Titanium

Points 647, Level 12
Points: 647, Level: 12 Points: 647, Level: 12 Points: 647, Level: 12
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Templar26 Good Standing Member
IMO, if you were to do something like this, I'd go for an Evo spoiler over an STI. They're still decent, but not quite as tall.

However, and this is more a problem with the design of the car itself, the Focus isn't really super aggressive looking to match a spoiler like that.
Focus Filipino likes this.

RMM insert, FSWERKS intake, Borla cat-back exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, tinted tail lights

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in