Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   MK3 Focus (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/)
-   -   2013 focus emissions purge valve location (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/539274-2013-focus-emissions-purge-valve-location.html)

supraguy31 02-26-2015 03:19 PM

2013 focus emissions purge valve location

Can or will someone give me insight on the exact location of the purge valve. I have been told its under the fuel pressure regulator but no such luck finding it. I have a 2013 focus SE. Throwing a code P0456 so I'm gonna work from there

Thanks
Robert

ELCouz 02-26-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supraguy31 (Post 8009234)
Can or will someone give me insight on the exact location of the purge valve. I have been told its under the fuel pressure regulator but no such luck finding it. I have a 2013 focus SE. Throwing a code P0456 so I'm gonna work from there

Thanks
Robert

Did you check the capless system?

I had issues with another mk3 with the capless leaking a little bit of fumes hence the PCode P0456 being displayed!

Evap system can be a bi[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]!!

Same PCode from a ST (the same engine layout except turbo and tranny)

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...m-service.html

Quote:

Sometimes the cap less system doesn't close all the way. Usually can stick the funnel in and out a couple times and it'll fix the issue.

supraguy31 02-26-2015 04:44 PM

I'm fairly new to these cars in general. I was directed that when filling the car you should never have it running. I admit it guilty of this but not anymore. I will check the capless system and see if it changes. Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated.

supraguy31 02-26-2015 08:25 PM

So no such luck with that situation. Funnel in and out a few times and it doesn't seem to be making the light go out. I've tried resetting it with the neg battery terminal off for like 30 min but as soon as I turn the key the CEL doesn't go out and the code is still there. Anymore suggestions would be great.

ELCouz 02-26-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supraguy31 (Post 8011378)
So no such luck with that situation. Funnel in and out a few times and it doesn't seem to be making the light go out. I've tried resetting it with the neg battery terminal off for like 30 min but as soon as I turn the key the CEL doesn't go out and the code is still there. Anymore suggestions would be great.

You need an OBD2 reader (PC or Standalone unit) and FORSCAN to reset the MIL/CEL.

sfhess 02-27-2015 12:51 PM

I was getting fuel inlet warnings in my 2011 Fusion 2.5. I did the funnel trick several times to no avail. I did some research and discovered that the evap purge valve could cause this warning. So I bought a new purge valve and installed it. No warnings since then.

The purge valve on the Fusion is on the front of the intake manifold, easy to access and change. I imagine it is in a similar location on the Focus.

supraguy31 02-27-2015 10:24 PM

Will check it out tomorrow but so far I haven't found it. I hate not knowing were things are but I'm learning.

morrjr 02-28-2015 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of it - it's the thing with the colored stripe and the electrical connector on it. It's between the battery box and the fuel pump. I had mine replaced under warranty about five months ago.

supraguy31 02-28-2015 09:48 PM

Thank u for that picture. I have access to a 2014 focus so I'm gonna swap them out and reset the ecu. I appreciate it. Even though mine is a 2013 I have the extended warrantee but its a $100 deduct.

Tigeo 02-28-2015 09:57 PM

What does this actually do? Mine was bad and making an intermittent ticking noise audible in the cabin. Out of the 36 mos. warranty and cost a few hundred to diagnose and fix.