03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT
FF Reputation: 19
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0
Originally Posted by valmundo
WOW! How is the transmission holding out and what is your overall assessment of the car now that you are fast approaching 80K?
I had the clutch and seal replaced at 62k miles, so the transmission is fine... for now. *knocks on wood* I do have some gear whine accelerating in 2nd, but that's about it, and it's always been there.
Overall Assessment - The Bad
Overall Assessment - The Good
- Well, interior rattles more than I had hoped, but nothing that I can't fix in a few summer weekends
- Coolant is low and murky looking (I still don't know what's causing it)
- I think I have a bad wheel bearing (it doesn't sound nearly has bad as my last car that had a bearing go)
- The front suspension is pretty squeaky
- The Kona Blue paint is horribly chipped already (Stay tuned for a "how-to" touch-up/polishing lesson in the detailing area. lol)
Would I buy it again?
- It hasn't left me stranded
- Still handles fine
- MFT has been fine since 2 updates ago
- All of my electronics are pretty solid, actually
- The power is sufficient, though it seemed really bad before the clutch was replaced due to the slippage
- Not 2012.
- Not new (depreciation was expected, but ouch.)
- DCT...? Yeah, I could see a 2014. But if I got another Focus, it would probably be an ST. lol
That's about all I can think of at the moment.
2012 FF Ti HB Kona Blue, DCT, Built 5/24/2011, 401A + Ti Handling Package, Parking Technology Package, Winter Package, Moonroof, and MFT w/NAV at v3.8 182k miles and counting...