MK3 Owner Quality & Ownership Survey - Page 16 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

View Poll Results: MK3 Owner Quality & Ownership Survey
Overall build quality met my expectations 235 79.93%
Overall build quality did not meet my expectations 52 17.69%
Exterior build quality met my expectations 236 80.27%
Exterior build quality did not meet my expectations 42 14.29%
Interior build quality met my expectations 225 76.53%
Interior build quality did not meet my expectations 54 18.37%
Vehicle comfort level met my expectations 259 88.10%
Vehicle comfort level did not meet my expectations 23 7.82%
Engine power met my expectations 242 82.31%
Engine power did not meet my expectations 40 13.61%
Vehicle handling met my expectations 269 91.50%
Vehicle handling did not meet my expectations 16 5.44%
Safety features met my expectations 271 92.18%
Safety features did not meet my expectations 7 2.38%
Technology features met my expectations 218 74.15%
Technology features did not meet my expectations 64 21.77%
Fuel economy met my expectations 232 78.91%
Fuel economy did not meet my expectations 51 17.35%
I experienced some defects and problems with my vehicle 192 65.31%
I did not experienced any defects or problems with my vehicle 87 29.59%
I felt my vehicle is a great value for the money 212 72.11%
I did not feel my vehicle is a great value for the money 61 20.75%
I would recommend a Focus to a friend 218 74.15%
I would not recommend a Focus to a friend 61 20.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #151
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105046
What I Drive: .

Points 2,684, Level 31
Points: 2,684, Level: 31 Points: 2,684, Level: 31 Points: 2,684, Level: 31
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 ProjectCommuter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sorry to hear of your problems. I would jump too.
Today I had my Sync Voice Activation crap out on me. I stopped for gas and when I started it back up I couldn't get "bluetooth audio" to work. It kept disconnecting. I could play USB but only with manual activation. The system kept thinking I wasn't saying anything when I screamed "BLUETOOOOOOTH AUDIOOOOOOO"! LOL!
Anyone hear of this?

Pulled the fuse (#67, second row from the left, third one down under the glove box in my 2012 SE Hatch). It worked.

Last edited by ProjectCommuter; 09-13-2018 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Update
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2018, 01:50 PM   #152
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 1,743, Level 24
Points: 1,743, Level: 24 Points: 1,743, Level: 24 Points: 1,743, Level: 24
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 16 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LiterOfFury View Post
I bought my 15' sedan ecoboost because a friend of mine purchased one a few months before I did. I was at first concerned about the power of the 3 cylinder and he assured me that it had enough power to pull up hills in 6th gear, which I was skeptical.

I love the twin disc clutch, had a little under 5k miles during hard 2nd gear shifts, but that has not happened since. Either I learned how to shift the twin disc, or it balanced out. Probably the later.
I thought the transmission choices for the 1.0 liter Ecoboost 3-cylinder (in the USA) were either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with a conventional torque converter, but no dual-clutch automatic.

Last edited by Arco-Zakus; 09-13-2018 at 01:53 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #153
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 13,176, Level 74
Points: 13,176, Level: 74 Points: 13,176, Level: 74 Points: 13,176, Level: 74
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 41 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LiterOfFury View Post
I bought my 15' sedan ecoboost because a friend of mine purchased one a few months before I did. I was at first concerned about the power of the 3cylinder and he assured me that it had enough power to pull up hills in 6th gear, which I was skeptical.

During my test drive everything he said was true. I traded in my 02vette for my focus so I knew off rip that the focus would be slow (5 seconds roughly slower in the quarter mile)

But the car has really impressed me, the amount of sound deadening in the car compared to say 15' corolla really impressed me. If it wasn't for my subwoofer in the trunk nothing in my car would rattle( only 3 things in my car make noise, 1. The dome light tends to rattle on certain bass notes, 2. License plate(easy fix, but just saying) 3. There are vents in the trunk that allow air to exit the vehicle, I can hear them opening and shutting when outside the car and radio on. It's not loud, but I can hear it and it annoys me.)

The car handles really well at high speed, cornering etc. surprisingly smooth ride. Speed bumps could be a bit smoother, but I would rather have a slightly tighter suspension anyways and that's the downside.

My car has 205 width tires, my friends '14 jetta with the 1.8 turbo only has 195's. So we come equipped with good rubber(I dislike the stock brand tires, but the size is what I am talking about)

I honestly have not been so happy about a purchase of a vehicle in my entire life, even with all my sports cars. This car might not be speedy , but it is a very good car so far.

Bought dec. 13th, 2015 and have almost 18k miles on the car so far. 2 oil changes and I need to do a 3rd, Replaced stock air filter with stock replacement k&n shortly after buying the car.

No smoke, no leaks, no crazy noises. Used the car up to a few months ago to deliver pizza's, not a easy life for a car. Lots of bumps, speed bumps. Stop and go, and hard driving. Car has been flawless. A/c is ice cold, blows like a hurricane on 4.

I love the twin disc clutch, had a little flutter under 5k miles during hard 2nd gear shifts, but that has not happened since. Either I learned how to shift the twin disc, or it balanced out. Probably the later.

downside, body panel gaps have changed, some tightr, some wider. Nothing to cause damage, just something I noticed. My back seat when pulled up should not have exposed foam.... I have seen a picture of one that was covered. Not sure if that was the titanium edition or what. But they should have all been wrapped up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
I thought the transmission choices for the 1.0 liter Ecoboost 3-cylinder (in the USA) were either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with a conventional torque converter, but no dual-clutch automatic.
The 15MY Ford Focus EcoBoost 1.0L used an IB6 manual transmission only with a single plate clutch. Not sure where they get the idea that they had a twin plate clutch, but it does have a version of the same transmission of the Fiesta ST and Fusion 1.6L EcoBoost (2013-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #154
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 407295
What I Drive: 2016 Focus S Sedan w/ 5spd MT

Points 435, Level 8
Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 1 Mazzman Good Standing Member
It has great cup holders...
Old 09-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #155
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 410021
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus 5 door Titanium

Points 381, Level 7
Points: 381, Level: 7 Points: 381, Level: 7 Points: 381, Level: 7
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 1 SupraGuy Good Standing Member
"Met expectations" can be misleading, if your expectations were not particularly high. :P :D

I experienced "some" problems. Like major car-crippling ones, within weeks of owning the car. No matter how much the rest of it met expectations, it would be difficult to recommend the car to a friend.

1990 Toyota Supra turbo
I think the cams are still stock...
Old 09-10-2019, 02:01 AM   #156
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 370225
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

Points 16, Level 1
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 1 DVO91 Good Standing Member
I love my 2013 Ford Focus SE Sedan overall. Excellent on gas, gets up and goes when you want to, overall good looking car inside and out. Alot of people gripe about Fords PowerShift transmission to, but what I dislike the most is the crappy paint and my 17 inch rims peeling😠
Old 09-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #157
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 1,023, Level 17
Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVO91 View Post
Alot of people gripe about Fords PowerShift transmission to, but what I dislike the most is the crappy paint and my 17 inch rims peeling😠
Yeah, go figure. People seem to think that having their transmission worked on 3-4 times before the original powertrain warranty ran out is a bigger deal than paint on their wheels.

I'm guessing you either have a manual (which, hey, we all wish we had), you haven't had issues with your DPS6 (just wait!) or you have some really weird priorities.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #158
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 370225
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

Points 16, Level 1
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 1 DVO91 Good Standing Member
I bought mine with 63,000 miles used with DPS6 its been good car so far Ive put almost 50,000 miles on it with no problems. Its has had a lot of rock chips, and rims are peeling bad. Point is even tho im lucky so far with the tranny I havent been at all with the paint and rims. Weird priorities? Lol. Usually the first thing a person looks at is the paint and rims on a car.

Last edited by DVO91; 09-10-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #159
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 410021
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus 5 door Titanium

Points 381, Level 7
Points: 381, Level: 7 Points: 381, Level: 7 Points: 381, Level: 7
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 6%
FF Reputation: 1 SupraGuy Good Standing Member
Well, the paint on mine is pretty good. I have a door ding in a rear door, and a crack in the paint near the rear wheel well. I h ave 18" "snowflake" rims which look pretty good. Maybe those things were fixed, I haven't owned the car for that long yet. There is a little peeling paint next the the trim on the hatch, which the dealership has promised to fix for me next time I bring it in. They'll probably hit it with a touch-up pen, since it's tiny, just a little fleck, but they gave me a paint and dent warranty because of the problems that I had when I bought the car, so I'm going to hold them to it.

The interior is also in good condition. There is some weird wear on the headliner near the left A pillar, but the rest of it looks good. The interior panel fit and finish is acceptable, and I have no weird rattles, which I actually kind of expected, since I've seen (heard?) them in almost every Ford I've been in that's more than 6-7 years old.

What I did find unforgivable is a fault that can leave me stranded or unable to get to work. This is utterly and completely unacceptable to me, particularly given that I bought the car in order to have reliable transportation to get to work, as the risk factor for my previous car was becoming unacceptable for the daily commute, but I'm financially stuck with this time bomb until it either fails or I get it paid off, and can then go shopping for something better. My hope had been to be able to save for a while before I go car shopping again, but the risk of being unable to get to work will remain too high, as I know all too well how suddenly the car can decide to completely fail with the current laws, since it's already done it to me, and next time, Ford isn't going to pay for the rental car to get me to work while it gets fixed.

How can I possibly recommend a car that has catastrophic failure in its likely outcomes? How can I possibly trust a company that put this POS out for sale?

1990 Toyota Supra turbo
I think the cams are still stock...
Old 09-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #160
Focus Addict

Fan#: 278401
What I Drive: 2013 Focus 5spd

Points 4,093, Level 40
Points: 4,093, Level: 40 Points: 4,093, Level: 40 Points: 4,093, Level: 40
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 45%
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%
FF Reputation: 1 saintsfins Good Standing Member
120K+ miles and it's been reliable as hell. The paint and leather interior still look close to new with little care over the years. Still a blast to drive.

Really a shame that Ford took a dump with the DCT, bc otherwise these were good cars for the money.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in