Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   MK3 Focus (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/)
-   -   2012+ Focus Aftermarket Parts & Mods Info Thread. (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/314909-2012-focus-aftermarket-parts-mods-info-thread.html)

Laith027 05-03-2014 03:09 PM

In my opinion the flashbeam in the focus is not that bright, I'm guessing xenon headlights would give me a brighter flashbeam

SaraHolly 05-05-2014 09:33 AM

Question for you cats!

I was going to make my own thread but I figured since it's based on mods maybe I could find an answer here.

I'm having a difficult time deciding between brands. Steeda vs. fswerks vs. eibach vs. cobb etc etc. My plans are lowering springs, swaybar, exhaust, and CAI. I can't decide between all the brands and I wanted to know what you chose and why! Obviously I don't want to dish out wads of cash when I can find it cheaper but I am interested in learning why you picked the brands you did and do you love it or regret it?

EDIT: if you think this belong in my own thread, let me know. I will happily create one so I don't need to flood this one.

evilO 05-05-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraHolly (Post 6022338)
Question for you cats!

I was going to make my own thread but I figured since it's based on mods maybe I could find an answer here.

I'm having a difficult time deciding between brands. Steeda vs. fswerks vs. eibach vs. cobb etc etc. My plans are lowering springs, swaybar, exhaust, and CAI. I can't decide between all the brands and I wanted to know what you chose and why! Obviously I don't want to dish out wads of cash when I can find it cheaper but I am interested in learning why you picked the brands you did and do you love it or regret it?

EDIT: if you think this belong in my own thread, let me know. I will happily create one so I don't need to flood this one.

Springs - Eibach. Why? I can't STAND H&R if I can help it. HORRID customer experience with them. Also, love the stance Eibach offers with the Sportlines.
Rear sway - Eibach. Why? Keeping it consistent.
CAI - Steeda. Why? Got a great deal through a forum member. However, it was on my short list.
Exhaust - Magnaflow. Why? While it isn't 2.5, I think I will prefer the sound over the others. But I might jump on a FS Stealth.... depends on my mood though?? [dunno]

Laith027 05-05-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilO (Post 6023426)
Springs - Eibach. Why? I can't STAND H&R if I can help it. HORRID customer experience with them. Also, love the stance Eibach offers with the Sportlines.
Rear sway - Eibach. Why? Keeping it consistent.
CAI - Steeda. Why? Got a great deal through a forum member. However, it was on my short list.
Exhaust - Magnaflow. Why? While it isn't 2.5, I think I will prefer the sound over the others. But I might jump on a FS Stealth.... depends on my mood though?? [dunno]

Agree with the Magnaflow exhaust [emoji106]

anjunaBabe 05-06-2014 12:04 AM

I have a question, I want to install a wink mirror, 5 panel mirror. Has anyone else done this?

SaraHolly 05-06-2014 08:47 AM

Thanks for some input! I LOVE the magnaflow sound, someone told me just to get the muffler and have a good custom exhaust shop around here do it. It would be a lot cheaper apparently. As I was also told to build my own CAI.

I'm really not crafty enough for this haha.

And the Eibach Sportlines are still a debate whether or not they will fit my 2014. Currently someone is about to install them so we will see if they run into any trouble that has been rumored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjunaBabe (Post 6028538)
I have a question, I want to install a wink mirror, 5 panel mirror. Has anyone else done this?

I have a buddy who did this in his Mazda, it's pretty sweet. [^]

novus 05-06-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjunaBabe (Post 6028538)

Someone's done it. But it wasn't the 5 panel.
I couldn't do it as I have the rain sensor assembly.

anjunaBabe 05-06-2014 09:59 AM

Ok I'll post a pic up and see what can be done, I head of a guy using a mount instead of the rods so I don't remove my visors

jolene_grace94 05-14-2014 04:53 PM

Maaan, I need to save this! Great info super helpful!!! Thanks for posting!

-J

Dialed 05-19-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilO (Post 5950994)

I've been looking at different headlight options. These seem pretty solid, but not available anymore.

Seems odd that there isn't a seemingly reputable source for some aftermarket HID/Projector setups for the MK3. :(