Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   MK3 Focus (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/)
-   -   2012 Ford Focus Titanium Audio loud drumming problem (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/285709-2012-ford-focus-titanium-audio-loud-drumming-problem.html)

jumon 04-22-2012 05:18 PM

2012 Ford Focus Titanium Audio loud drumming problem

My 2012 Ford Focus Titanium went nuts when my wife approached it with the keyless device. My wife called me into the garage since she thought someone was in the car or something trying to get out. It turned out the audio system was make a super loud drumming type sound. This was so loud, it was shocking, especially when you open the doors. I got my camera and filmed getting into the car, starting it, and stopping the car. Later, when the lights on the car went out, the sound stopped. I've put the video on Youtube here: http://youtu.be/ZKISw8RcUFw

Needless to say, this seems pretty serious and I don't want it to happen while driving or when we are away from home.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I think the dealer is going to just ask me to reproduce it which we know wont happen when its there (which is why I filmed it in the first place).

blackraven456 04-22-2012 05:43 PM

Its a MFT audio driver problem if I remember correctly. Only a few people have reported it but it IS a shared issue. So far people have only said it happens when booting MFT which makes sense and it doesn't happen often annnnnnd as far as I know there is no fix. You might want to try pulling the fuse for a proper reboot though but it seems to be very rare for it to repeat time and time again.

That's pretty much all I know.

Kaaru 04-24-2012 08:07 PM

ROFL !! And I was asking myself if I was going insane, nuts or something else...but hey, looks I'm not alone !!

I had the exact same thing tonite with my SEL...I stopped at the store before heading home:

1-Stopped the car, put the tranny in park and killed the engine. I then removed the key from the started swicth
2- I stayed in the car for 2 to 3 minutes to put some paper work away in my breifcase before exiting the car
3-Got out of the car with my keys in my hand
4-Once out of the car, closed the driver door and while standing next to the closed driver door, I pressed once on the lock icon on my key
5-The rumble began and lasted for at least 10 to 15 seconds and stopped by itself w/o me having to do anything
6-Needless to say it scared the living %&$% out of me.

Add this to the list of weird issues I have.

crazietj 04-25-2012 05:46 AM

It has happened to me once. I was getting something out of the trunk when it started. I had no idea what it was. Then a few weeks later my wife was using my car and it did it to her. It freaked her out I have thought about bringing it up with the dealer, but I havent had time.

Zip60912 04-25-2012 07:01 AM

It has happened to me too....and only once also.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283611

csvt2060 04-25-2012 07:49 AM

And I see this is still happening with the updated MFT. It's a shame loyal Ford customers have to deal with this stuff (see you have a new F150 in the garage also). I would be embarrassed if I had friends with me and my car started doing this. I hope your dealer gets this resolved for you. Good luck.

Great job on the video capture, and hopefully your wife wasn't too shaken up by the whole thing. At least it happened at home.

Kaaru 04-25-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csvt2060 (Post 4128396)
And I see this is still happening with the updated MFT. It's a shame loyal Ford customers have to deal with this stuff (see you have a new F150 in the garage also). I would be embarrassed if I had friends with me and my car started doing this. I hope your dealer gets this resolved for you. Good luck.

Great job on the video capture, and hopefully your wife wasn't too shaken up by the whole thing. At least it happened at home.

In my case, when this demonic possession event took place, I was parked in a busy mart and quite a few people stopped and starred at the car, then me, then back to the car, then me etc...you get the idea?

Talk about been embarrassed [80?]

copernicium112 04-25-2012 10:27 AM

Hasn't happened to me (yet) but I'd imagine it is just as embarrassing as trying to explain to someone why you have to pull over and shut down the car because the music volume wants to keep turning itself up no matter how many times you try and lower it (which has happened to me, though not since the update - knock on wood).

FordIVTteam 05-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumon (Post 4123270)
My 2012 Ford Focus Titanium went nuts when my wife approached it with the keyless device. My wife called me into the garage since she thought someone was in the car or something trying to get out. It turned out the audio system was make a super loud drumming type sound. This was so loud, it was shocking, especially when you open the doors. I got my camera and filmed getting into the car, starting it, and stopping the car. Later, when the lights on the car went out, the sound stopped. I've put the video on Youtube here: http://youtu.be/ZKISw8RcUFw

Needless to say, this seems pretty serious and I don't want it to happen while driving or when we are away from home.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I think the dealer is going to just ask me to reproduce it which we know wont happen when its there (which is why I filmed it in the first place).

This is a first for me, jumon. Have you had your dealership take a look yet? If not, I highly recommend it and please be sure to follow up with us after.

Jaclyn

Kaaru 05-03-2012 02:06 PM

My guess (and its a guess, nothing more) is that it must be related in some way with the door locking system. The OP experience was caused by his wife getting close to the car with the remote entry key in her pocket. I had the issue while activating the door locking pressing the lock button on my key.

It may be a long shot, but it's worth looking into it, IMO.