Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   MK3 Focus (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/)
-   -   2012 Ford Focus Titanium Audio loud drumming problem (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/285709-2012-ford-focus-titanium-audio-loud-drumming-problem.html)

forceflow2 05-03-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam (Post 4145102)
This is a first for me, jumon. Have you had your dealership take a look yet? If not, I highly recommend it and please be sure to follow up with us after.

Jaclyn

I know you don't read them all, but there have been a lot of threads regarding this exact issue. My dealership had no clue so they checked the battery to try and make me feel like they did something.

dyn085 05-03-2012 02:16 PM

You should have started talking to the car, telling it that you were sorry that you had to go in. Then you could have 'caved', and gotten back in and started it back up.

I would like to think that this will be my reaction if it ever occurs...

FordIVTteam 05-04-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceflow2 (Post 4145146)
I know you don't read them all, but there have been a lot of threads regarding this exact issue. My dealership had no clue so they checked the battery to try and make me feel like they did something.

I work in the In-Vehicle Technology department so I typically respond to post related to Sync, navigation, and MyFord Touch.

I recommend contacting my partner, Noemi, to see if she's familiar with this concern. Her user name is FordCustomerService.

Jaclyn

crazietj 05-04-2012 12:11 PM

I have had this issue 3 times before I talked to the dealer about it. I told the dealer about they did the mft update and asked me to call them if it does it after they do the update. A few days later I had been driving it pulled in the drive way, shut it off and went inside. My wife was out front and came in and told me it was doing it again. I went out and sure enough it was. I called the dealer and told them it was doing it again. The service guy said it shouldnt do it because there was now power to the system. He thinks its a interference of some kind. He then asked me if I had just used sync, Bluetooth, or sirius. I had it on sirius. He then told me they realty don't know what it is, and see if I can get it to do it again. so last night at work ,mind you I had been there for 6 hours before, I went out front for something and I was about 30 feet from it and it started up again. Not to sure how to replicate it, but if anyone finds a pattern please post it up, and maybe that can give the service guys a chance to figure it out.

Kaaru 05-04-2012 12:30 PM

Just my 2 cents, I'm no tech or something, but when it occured to me it was pressing the lock button on my key. when you approched tour car, did you have the remote entry key in your pocket ?

what kind of remote entry system do you have ? the regular one that operates manually with the key or the automatic one thatpicks up your key in your pocket ?

I'm sure it has something to do wiht the lock mecanism

crazietj 05-04-2012 12:33 PM

I have the smartkey. But the last two times the key was no where near the car.

forceflow2 05-04-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam (Post 4147063)
I work in the In-Vehicle Technology department so I typically respond to post related to Sync, navigation, and MyFord Touch.

I recommend contacting my partner, Noemi, to see if she's familiar with this concern. Her user name is FordCustomerService.

Jaclyn

Understandable, although this is only happening on cars with MFT installed (of course that means it could be due to the Sony audio system, which seems likely from my experience with it.)

Focus YBTC 05-04-2012 09:18 PM

Have you considered...

...contacting a catholic priest for an exorcism? Clearly there are some restless spirits trying to get out of your trunk. [:0]

raptor1956 05-04-2012 10:06 PM

Open the pod bay doors Hal? Hal? HHHAAALLLL?

Brian

HDSFocus 05-04-2012 10:17 PM

I dont expect grease monkeys are going to figure out computer problems or electrical for that matter.
"The service guy said it shouldnt do it because there was now power to the system."

That statement is 100% false.