Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   MK3 Focus (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/)
-   -   Transport Mode??? (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/283690-transport-mode.html)

Gorcho 03-31-2012 12:36 AM

Transport Mode???

While Cleaning my Car, Radio shut off, black screen with " Transport mode, Call Dealership" or something like that, WTF???????!!!!!!!!! never seen it before, does anyone knows what exactly that means?[rant][mad]

Kabigon 03-31-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorcho (Post 4085348)
While Cleaning my Car, Radio shut off, black screen with " Transport mode, Call Dealership" or something like that, WTF???????!!!!!!!!! never seen it before, does anyone knows what exactly that means?[rant][mad]

During vehicle build, some modules (such as the IPC and the BCM) are set to factory mode. When the vehicle build is complete, the vehicle is set to transport mode.

Transport mode is used to reduce the drain on the battery during longer periods when the vehicle is not used. Various system functions can be altered or disabled when in the transport mode. While in transport mode, the IPC displays TRANSPORT MODE in the message center. Transport mode can be disabled and placed into normal operation mode.

Disabling Transport Mode

1.Place the ignition OFF.

2.Verify the battery is fully charged.

3.Place the ignition ON.

4.NOTE: Steps 4 and 5 must be carried out within 10 seconds.

Press and release the brake pedal 5 times.

5.Press and release the hazard switch 4 times (on, off, on, off).

How long have you had your car? The dealer will normally disable transport mode when prepping the vehicle.
Needless to say, it's not normal for transport mode to be enabled once it has been disabled.

Gorcho 03-31-2012 11:46 AM

Thx Kabigon, I bought my car in July/2011, ill try to disable that warning, thanks again for the info

BiggerBoat 03-31-2012 02:13 PM

That is some crazy weird sh** . I was out doing some cleaning on the Focus today and at one point got in the car an noticed this is on the MFT screen. Two people on the same day!?[scratch] Maybe an MFT programmer coded in a pre- April Fools joke. I put a charger on the battery thinking I might have drained it down while cleaning. I will try these steps as soon as the battery has had a bit of time to charge.

Thanks Kabigon for the steps! ( did not find them in the manual??)

BlueIce 04-01-2012 12:50 AM

In my GTI I had blocks in my springs for 6 months from transporting before I realized they were there. Car manufacturers do some weird things during transport.

BiggerBoat 04-01-2012 10:22 AM

These steps DID work like a charm and the horn honked at the the last step after which I assumed acknowledged completion of the sequence. I turned off the ignition, restarted and it was back to normal.

Thanks again Kabigon! [thumb]

Kabigon 04-01-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggerBoat (Post 4086792)
These steps DID work like a charm and the horn honked at the the last step after which I assumed acknowledged completion of the sequence. I turned off the ignition, restarted and it was back to normal.

Thanks again Kabigon! [thumb]

You're welcome but...

The service manual indicated that the "transport mode" message would be displayed on the ICD.

To be honest, I was surprised that it was displayed on your MFT screen.

I can only assume that MFT also has a transport mode (perhaps separate from the BCM transport mode) and that there is some bug related to the MFT update that caused this to happen.

AWelch85 04-01-2012 07:34 PM

Since the OP's question was answered, do you know what other combinations of buttons do things? Like the holding gas and brake when pressing start to crank the motor with no fuel, or holding "OK" on startup for the diagnostic mode on the small screen? Any more out there?

BoomShakalaka 04-01-2012 07:37 PM

Being a gamer, I [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g love the focus. One of these days I'm going to find the code sequence to make my car fly.

memphiscbrider 04-01-2012 07:49 PM

when you do that.. i would consider finding an alternative fuel. cuz jet fuel is hella expensive