Navigation Fault, Dealer Won't Help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88175
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, Sterling Grey

Points 2,108, Level 27
Points: 2,108, Level: 27 Points: 2,108, Level: 27 Points: 2,108, Level: 27
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Tumdace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Navigation Fault, Dealer Won't Help

I keep getting Navigation Fault: Please see your dealer for service.

I took it into the dealer this morning and they printed off a bulletin from August 24, saying there is "intermittent SD card faults" and to not service the SD, as there will be a software fix "soon". I have gotten those errors before, but I tried to explain to the dealer that this was not intermittent like it was before, that it is constant. The issues I had before, as pertaining to the August 24 bulletin have always resolved themselves within minutes or with turning the car off and on again. This however, brings up the error message in the middle of the screen and wont go away unless I press the OK button, and then it pops back up in about 2 minutes.

There is something wrong with the SD I think, but the dealer wont do anything. They just keep pointing me back to this bulletin and saying there is nothing they can do for now.

Its really frustrating because it not only affects my navigation, but my entire sync system because it makes it totally unresponsive to the point where it wont even bring up the voice prompt until minutes after I have pressed the button, and then when I do my voice input (change song or whatever) it just goes mute and switches back to the music.

I really need that Ford Rep's name on here so I can PM them my details. My dealer does not seem at all interested in trying to fix this for me, which is quite disappointing, so I am hoping theres some other way to get it fixed.

Perhaps I need to call a different dealer other than my local one to see if they will replace the SD card for me?

To be honest, this is just one more thing added to the pile of reasons as to why I am really starting to regret going Ford. They have been nothing but reluctant to help me with any and all issues I have ever had with this car so far (not even 4 months old).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86214
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium

Points 311, Level 6
Points: 311, Level: 6 Points: 311, Level: 6 Points: 311, Level: 6
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 cchaos Good Standing Member
Is your Sirius subscription expiring? I only ask because I had the same issue occur for several days when my 6-month Sirius subscription expired. Then it went away once Sirius had completely expired. All I can figure is that the alerting for Sirius somehow screwed up MFT and it produced incorrect error messages. For awhile, nothing would work unless I removed the NAV SD card. Now, the navigation is working fine again (and my MFT is much faster without Sirius, go figure...).

Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Tell me about it, I had the exact same error on day 1. "Fixed" it by pulling fuse #67 and #79 and setting them back. I've had the car for 19 days now and I haven't encountered that error ever since so it might just help you out. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Points 2,108, Level 27
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchaos View Post
Is your Sirius subscription expiring? I only ask because I had the same issue occur for several days when my 6-month Sirius subscription expired. Then it went away once Sirius had completely expired. All I can figure is that the alerting for Sirius somehow screwed up MFT and it produced incorrect error messages. For awhile, nothing would work unless I removed the NAV SD card. Now, the navigation is working fine again (and my MFT is much faster without Sirius, go figure...).

I have only had my car for 4 months, it shouldnt be ending soon.

I will be trying the fuse tonight, but I did ask my dealer if they could do it (I hate taking out those fuses, such a pain to get to) but they would not offer to do it, instead they just kept referring back to that bulletin.

Ill update this post once I try the fuse thing tonight. I have a feeling it will work.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

Points 2,226, Level 28
Points: 2,226, Level: 28 Points: 2,226, Level: 28 Points: 2,226, Level: 28
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
I had once this message. All I did was to pull the SD card and then reinsert it in and everything was back to normal. Never had this message since (one and a half month already).
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Points 2,108, Level 27
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I had once this message. All I did was to pull the SD card and then reinsert it in and everything was back to normal. Never had this message since (one and a half month already).
I did that a dozen times. Even did the "Master Reset" within the sync system.

Still happens. Gotta try the fuse pull tonight.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

Points 143, Level 2
Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Mine did that once in a while and would set itself up not long after hitting ok. Today, going to and from work, I kept getting that error message pop up continuously. Every time I'd hit ok, navigation fault corrected itself and then it started all over again. At one point I didn't want to hit the ok button because I didn't care for it any longer but then I'd get no volume for the radio or access to anything else. Anyway... I'm going to think that it's because it was super cold today and that the system was probably just frozen. Tomorrow temps will be much warmer and I'll go for a quick drive to see if it's fixed itself up.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

Points 143, Level 2
Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Check out Ford Technical Chat http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...sprune=30&f=47 and get in touch with Natasha from FordCustomerService. She may be of help.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Points 2,108, Level 27
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Just got home from a mini get together before new years and played some tunes in my car (without the SD card in) and I am actually really glad Ford got me to do a master reset, even if it didnt fix my nav issue, because now I no longer have a 5-7 second delay between songs, its like 1 second now. Pretty happy about that.

Anyways, since its late I never got chance to pull the fuse, will have to do that tomorrow after work. Will report back in on what I figure out incase anyone else ever has this issue.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Points 2,108, Level 27
Level Up 72% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Well sure enough, I pulled the fuse and it worked.

Kinda pissed that I suggested Ford try that and they basically told me theres nothing they can do (which I take as theres nothing they WILL do).

They will be hearing from me once the holidays are over. I am very disappointed that they couldnt do that when it took me 15 minutes max (let it sit for 10 minutes to make sure it cleared out).

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in