Navigation Fault, Dealer Won't Help - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's usually something that a dealer will get the shop foreman to do (small fixits and PR type stuff) unless the shop foreman at your dealer is one of those guys who just runs around like a dork just to look busy. A tech wouldn't get paid to do that (Ford warranty would pay the tech a big whoppin' ZERO dollars since they are supposed to not attempt repairs at this time), which is why an hourly paid apprentice or shop foreman is usually the perfect person to check that stuff out.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88175
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, Sterling Grey

Points 2,108, Level 27
Points: 2,108, Level: 27 Points: 2,108, Level: 27 Points: 2,108, Level: 27
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Tumdace Good Standing Member
Why did I get 0 help period? I thought I bought a new car with a warranty so I wouldnt have to fix all these small little things?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2015 Tuxedo Black ST

Points 1,157, Level 18
Points: 1,157, Level: 18 Points: 1,157, Level: 18 Points: 1,157, Level: 18
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumdace View Post
Why did I get 0 help period? I thought I bought a new car with a warranty so I wouldnt have to fix all these small little things?
I'm finding a real disconnect between Ford and the dealers actually. I had to argue with my service manager about the transmission update (mine is a May build) and they had no idea about it (late October when I brought it to their attention). They agreed to do it but only as an effort to make me happy as a customer (I've not yet had it done though, their IDS was out of date and couldn't perform at the level needed for this update).

I question why Mulally can admit to the programming issue to USA Today (I believe) and the dealers have no idea. I was "warned" by my service manager about those "forums" and the misinformation that can come from them. If it weren't for this group how would we know that the issues we're seeing are in fact real when our dealers have no idea?

There's a real bad communication problem between the mother ship and the satellites. I'm convinced of it.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90659
What I Drive: 2016 Focus ST

Points 3,665, Level 38
Points: 3,665, Level: 38 Points: 3,665, Level: 38 Points: 3,665, Level: 38
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Lincoln61 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
I'm finding a real disconnect between Ford and the dealers actually. I had to argue with my service manager about the transmission update (mine is a May build) and they had no idea about it (late October when I brought it to their attention). They agreed to do it but only as an effort to make me happy as a customer (I've not yet had it done though, their IDS was out of date and couldn't perform at the level needed for this update).

I question why Mulally can admit to the programming issue to USA Today (I believe) and the dealers have no idea. I was "warned" by my service manager about those "forums" and the misinformation that can come from them. If it weren't for this group how would we know that the issues we're seeing are in fact real when our dealers have no idea?

There's a real bad communication problem between the mother ship and the satellites. I'm convinced of it.

Joe
Not so at all Joe. All the info is at the dealers finger tips. The oasis system updates us every day on the sync system issues and updates . People the latest version software is BM, the new software updates are coming this month for you my touch peeps. I will tell you that the software you have at this time can be reset by pulling the fuse or disconnecting the poss battery connection for 10 min. After you dump your system wait for everything to reboot and your up and running again.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #15
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93258
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CliftonBruce Good Standing Member
Mine drives me nuts and the car isn't a week old. The Nav pulled the fault day TWO of ownership.. PLUS my clock won't hold time .. the outside temp reading is WAY off by a good 25 degrees and... I'm always driving west for the compass :) They told me all of those things are the result of the bad nav... I'll know more Friday 1/6/2012 when I bring it in to service this,.. We'll see..
Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93424
What I Drive: 2012, Blue, titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dewdog1978 Good Standing Member
Navigation Fault

I just picked up my focus on 12/29. Upon delivery it was noticed that the navigation gave the same error as shown in this thread with a red "X" through the GPS icon when looking at the map. No matter where I am it seems that ti can not get any GPS signal it always shows me at the dealership. Originally I thought no big problem, I will drop it off to service and they will reset it, plugged the antenna or something. But with the long weekend I just got a phone call from the service manager this morning. He told me that it was a software issue. Ford is in the process of getting an update, but he is being told that it will be ready at some point during the first quarter. WTF??? I bought the car, no one told me that one of the main features that I was looking for will be useless for 3 months! I wrote an email to the sales person and the general manager asking what Ford is going to do about this. But then I started looking online and I have not seen this same issue being discussed until I found this thread. Has anyone been given the same explanation or am I being fed a bunch of BS?

Sorry for the long post.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #17
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

Points 2,226, Level 28
Points: 2,226, Level: 28 Points: 2,226, Level: 28 Points: 2,226, Level: 28
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdog1978 View Post
I just picked up my focus on 12/29. Upon delivery it was noticed that the navigation gave the same error as shown in this thread with a red "X" through the GPS icon when looking at the map. No matter where I am it seems that ti can not get any GPS signal it always shows me at the dealership. Originally I thought no big problem, I will drop it off to service and they will reset it, plugged the antenna or something. But with the long weekend I just got a phone call from the service manager this morning. He told me that it was a software issue. Ford is in the process of getting an update, but he is being told that it will be ready at some point during the first quarter. WTF??? I bought the car, no one told me that one of the main features that I was looking for will be useless for 3 months! I wrote an email to the sales person and the general manager asking what Ford is going to do about this. But then I started looking online and I have not seen this same issue being discussed until I found this thread. Has anyone been given the same explanation or am I being fed a bunch of BS?

Sorry for the long post.
I think you are being fed a bunch of BS. Yes, some of us have an issue due to the Navigation SD card, but NONE of us had a problem like yours: GPS not available ! Your problem is not one that can be solved with a software update. So, IMO, go and ask them to take care of your unit, because the "update" has nothing to do with your GPS not being able to see the satelite.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #18
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Here lies the problem now.....dealers are taking this communcition from Ford as a blanket excuse to not service anything related to MFT.

It's not acceptable if your navigation is inoperable if you bought a car with that option. It doesn't matter if an update is coming. You bought the car to use the feature upon delivery.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43482
What I Drive: 2012 5dr Ti Sport

FF Reputation: 1 lo-fo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
I think you are being fed a bunch of BS. Yes, some of us have an issue due to the Navigation SD card, but NONE of us had a problem like yours: GPS not available ! Your problem is not one that can be solved with a software update. So, IMO, go and ask them to take care of your unit, because the "update" has nothing to do with your GPS not being able to see the satelite.
they should at least be able to check the antenna wiring to make sure it's all connected. i too have had the red x show up but it's when i'm underground parking structures (as one would assume). can you call another ford dealer to have them check the problem -- if the one you're dealing with is refusing to service it, go somewhere else.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #20
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

Points 143, Level 2
Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
Mine did that once in a while and would set itself up not long after hitting ok. Today, going to and from work, I kept getting that error message pop up continuously. Every time I'd hit ok, navigation fault corrected itself and then it started all over again. At one point I didn't want to hit the ok button because I didn't care for it any longer but then I'd get no volume for the radio or access to anything else. Anyway... I'm going to think that it's because it was super cold today and that the system was probably just frozen. Tomorrow temps will be much warmer and I'll go for a quick drive to see if it's fixed itself up.
I wanted to add that when the tempatures went back to "normal", my GPS went back to working fine. Just like any electronic devices, when frozen, it doesn't work.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in