Only $168 difference between SEL & Titanium??? - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #51
Focus Addict
 
2012silversel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83969
Location: Mpls., MN
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Posts: 788
Points 2,058, Level 27
Points: 2,058, Level: 27 Points: 2,058, Level: 27 Points: 2,058, Level: 27
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I configured a SEL 303A and Titanium 401A with Winter Package.
The price difference came out to be $920 between the two from dealer that I ordered from.

In the end I ended up picking the SEL 303A because I did not want the black leather. Otherwise I probably would have opted for Titanium.

The differences between my build SEL 303A and Titanium 401A are:
- Push start
- Intelligent access
- Rear Spoiler
- Titanium versus SEL badge
- Titanium specs state "Suspension" I'm pretty sure the SEL has a suspension too I am guessing it is just a different type
- Headlights have black surrounds
- Fog lamps have black surrounds

Overall I would not say it is worth $920 in upgrades but I might have paid it just to say I had the highest model available.
The main question is do you consider paying $920 for push start/intelligent access/rear spoiler (major differences) worth it?

In addition sometimes car insurance rates increase with car base models as well...

BTW how are you only getting $168 difference?
Even Ford.com's website has a difference of $805 between SEL 303A and Titanium 401A.
And a difference of $905 between SEL 301A and Titanium 400A
I went with the SEL 303A for the same reason. The only thing you are not getting is the push button start/intelligent access and a sport tuned suspension. I prefer the chrome ( I'm over 50) over the black accents and both cars come with the standard spoiler. Now, if I had known there was going to be the $750 Private Cash when I ordered, I would have gone with the Ti. I have NO regrets, my SEL is great and rides real nice.
__________________
2014 C-Max Energi
302A Package
Sterling Gray
2012silversel is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #52
Focus Enthusiast
 
justy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85598
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Plat White HB!

Posts: 492
Points 14,628, Level 78
Points: 14,628, Level: 78 Points: 14,628, Level: 78 Points: 14,628, Level: 78
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 justy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had black leather heated sears as well...and I'm in Canada so there could be more differences. Not sure.
__________________
http://focusMFTwallpapers.tumblr.com
'12 Focus Titanium HB, Platinum White, Leather/Moon/Parking named *shimmer*
Feel free to add me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/justin.stanley
justy is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #53
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
I went with the SEL 303A for the same reason. The only thing you are not getting is the push button start/intelligent access and a sport tuned suspension. I prefer the chrome ( I'm over 50) over the black accents and both cars come with the standard spoiler. Now, if I had known there was going to be the $750 Private Cash when I ordered, I would have gone with the Ti. I have NO regrets, my SEL is great and rides real nice.
I take it you have the HB version?
As far as the Sedan I dont think the SEL comes with spoiler standard? Correct me if I am wrong.
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #54
Focus Addict
 
2012silversel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83969
Location: Mpls., MN
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Posts: 788
Points 2,058, Level 27
Points: 2,058, Level: 27 Points: 2,058, Level: 27 Points: 2,058, Level: 27
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I take it you have the HB version?
As far as the Sedan I dont think the SEL comes with spoiler standard? Correct me if I am wrong.
That's correct, I have the 5-door with the spoiler. Looking through the order guide, it's not clear if the spoiler is available except with the SE Sport Package.
__________________
2014 C-Max Energi
302A Package
Sterling Gray
2012silversel is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #55
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81074
Location: Flanders, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

Posts: 221
FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am surprised that no one gave the actual differences between the SEL and Titanium. From the old pre-order sheet, the Titanium has the features of the SEL(base) plus:
17 inch sport aluminum wheels
Rear spoiler(on the 4-door sedan, hatchback always got this)
Piano Black fog lamp surrounds with chrome accents
Black headlamp surrounds
sport-tuned suspension
Intelligent Access with Push-Button start(why isn't this an option on the SEL?!?)
MyFord Touch with 8 inch center stack touch screen
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Sony Audio System with 10 inch speakers including Subwoofer
HD Radio with iTunes Tagging feature
Sport Seats


I don't know if SIRIUS is even available in Canada, but that is what the differences are here in the USA. Some things like the headlamps may also be different in Canada, but I don't know about that.

Now, the MyFord Touch & Sony Package on the SEL(301A) covers MOST of these differences. That leaves you with the 17 inch aluminum sport wheels, Intelligent access/push button start, and the sport seats/Suspension as the extras, plus the black headlamp and fog lamp surrounds. The SEL Premium Package includes 17 inch aluminum wheels(not the sport wheels, but still nice), so if you go SEL and get the MyFord Touch, it almost seems like a no-brainer to move up to the Titanium. Since the 17 inch wheels are already included in the base Titanium, the Premium Package costs $100 less on the Titanium than on the SEL.
Targon is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #56
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86142
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2002, Yellow Mazda

Posts: 215
FF Reputation: 1 redav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I, too, was wondering what was really different between the SEL & Ti, especially since I would get the MFT, anyway.

I mined a salesman's brochure, and this is what I found: (some of these may be typos in the brochure)
- SEL has 16" wheels std v. 17" for the Ti
- Ti has "sport tuned suspension" (I believe this may be the same thing the SE sport package has.)
- SEL has "Lower grille - Piano Black" v. "Grille - Piano Black" on the Ti (this may be the same thing)
- SEL has chrome fog light bezels & headlight surrounds v. black on the Ti
- SEL has "Metallic interior trim finish - door pulls and register surround" v. "Metallic interior trim finish" on the Ti (I believe these are the same)
- SEL has regular seats v. sport seats on the Ti (the sport seats are also in the SE sport)
- SEL does not have intel access or push-button start as options v. std on Ti
- SEL has the option of MFT v. std on the Ti
- SEL has "Storage - rear seatback map pockets" v. no mention on Ti (? - I have no idea if the Ti has this or not)
- Yellow blaze is not available in the SEL, and race red is not available in the Ti

For me, there isn't one that's definitely better than the other. I like the sport seats, and I think I'd like the keyless systems. I would rather have the 16" wheels. The black surrounds on the lights looks good on some colors, but not others.

I'll probably go with the Ti so I can get yellow & then swap out the wheels for the 16" from the SE sport.
redav is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #57
Focus Enthusiast
 
osuivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85122
Location: Owasso, OK
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Posts: 197
FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The SEL, has a bronze finish on the center console, vs silver on the titanium.
osuivan is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #58
Focus Enthusiast
 
mysticbluebmw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85252
Location: Triangle, NC
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

Posts: 519
FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I configured a SEL 303A and Titanium 401A with Winter Package.
The price difference came out to be $920 between the two from dealer that I ordered from.

In the end I ended up picking the SEL 303A because I did not want the black leather. Otherwise I probably would have opted for Titanium.

The differences between my build SEL 303A and Titanium 401A are:
- Push start
- Intelligent access
- Rear Spoiler
- Titanium versus SEL badge
- Titanium specs state "Suspension" I'm pretty sure the SEL has a suspension too I am guessing it is just a different type
- Headlights have black surrounds
- Fog lamps have black surrounds

Overall I would not say it is worth $920 in upgrades but I might have paid it just to say I had the highest model available.
The main question is do you consider paying $920 for push start/intelligent access/rear spoiler (major differences) worth it?

In addition sometimes car insurance rates increase with car base models as well...

BTW how are you only getting $168 difference?
Even Ford.com's website has a difference of $805 between SEL 303A and Titanium 401A.
And a difference of $905 between SEL 301A and Titanium 400A
The Intelligent Access & Push Button Start was $1000 option on my current vehicle. That combined with the sports suspension, larger 17" wheels, rear spoiler, black surrounds, opportunity for handling pkg WAAAAAY worth it and then some...
__________________
2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Hatch ----RETIRED----
401A Premium /Handling Pkg /Winter Pkg /Park Assist
Navigation / Moonroof

Laguna Seca Pedals
mysticbluebmw is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #59
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redav View Post
For me, there isn't one that's definitely better than the other. I like the sport seats, and I think I'd like the keyless systems. I would rather have the 16" wheels. The black surrounds on the lights looks good on some colors, but not others.

I'll probably go with the Ti so I can get yellow & then swap out the wheels for the 16" from the SE sport.
BTW I think the SEL 303A comes with Sports seats.
Atleast according to my order sheet it says it does.

INT2 Leather Sport Bucket Interior Group
IN2L Medium Stone Leather Sport Buckets Include:
Medium Light Stone Insert & Surround
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #60
Focus Enthusiast
 
mysticbluebmw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85252
Location: Triangle, NC
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

Posts: 519
FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
BTW I think the SEL 303A comes with Sports seats.
Atleast according to my order sheet it says it does.

INT2 Leather Sport Bucket Interior Group
IN2L Medium Stone Leather Sport Buckets Include:
Medium Light Stone Insert & Surround
Yeah, that sounds right. As far as I knew, there was only one style of leather seats to go around. It's only the cloth seats that have different styles available.
__________________
2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Hatch ----RETIRED----
401A Premium /Handling Pkg /Winter Pkg /Park Assist
Navigation / Moonroof

Laguna Seca Pedals
mysticbluebmw is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.




 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1