2012 Ford Focus pricing revealed, starting at $16,270* - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #61
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
^lol Correction...a Corolla WAGON with a hood scoop
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #62
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 26,907, Level 97
Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^lol Correction...a Corolla WAGON with a hood scoop

Posted via FF Mobile Now now, it doesnt look like a corolla anymore, now the wrx has the same wide body kit as the STi. It looks much better now and more like a rally car. But Im just confused, is Subbie trying to phaze out the Sti? It looks the same and the wrx is even slightlt faster in some aspects. Weird.

BTW REJOICE A PROPER FOCUS ST IS COMING WITH A TURBO FROM THE FACTORY YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #63
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Points 11,599, Level 70
Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Now now, it doesnt look like a corolla anymore, now the wrx has the same wide body kit as the STi. It looks much better now and more like a rally car. But Im just confused, is Subbie trying to phaze out the Sti? It looks the same and the wrx is even slightlt faster in some aspects. Weird.

BTW REJOICE A PROPER FOCUS ST IS COMING WITH A TURBO FROM THE FACTORY YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think they have to make the STi 350hp or more. They have them offered in Europe.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #64
GO Green

Points 26,907, Level 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
I think they have to make the STi 350hp or more. They have them offered in Europe.

Posted via FF Mobile To be honest they might as well go the Porsche route with the STi, take out all the non performance bits, reduce the weight and charge more for it, which they already do anyway. Make it more exclusive and more track ready. Because as it is now it just doesnt make any sense. I think the STi has alittle bit better traction and awd tuning then the wrx and thennit has some better engine stuff, but imo not enough to justify the price premium you pay for it over a wrx. Anyone with brains would save themselves thousands by getting a wrx and just giving it a tune, youll easily make sti power. Does the sti even still have better brakes, or are those the same now too?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #65
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79288
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Quote:
Posted via FF Mobile To be honest they might as well go the Porsche route with the STi, take out all the non performance bits, reduce the weight and charge more for it, which they already do anyway. Make it more exclusive and more track ready. Because as it is now it just doesnt make any sense. I think the STi has alittle bit better traction and awd tuning then the wrx and thennit has some better engine stuff, but imo not enough to justify the price premium you pay for it over a wrx. Anyone with brains would save themselves thousands by getting a wrx and just giving it a tune, youll easily make sti power. Does the sti even still have better brakes, or are those the same now too?

Do you guys just make things up here? Seriously. You think the STi has "some better engine stuff"? How old are you? 12? I doubt you have even set foot in a new WRX much less a new STi because you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Go DRIVE (and not some test drive from a dealer) a WRX and STi back to back and then come back and tell me all you would take the WRX over the STi. Its ALOT more than just a simple tune. The STi is a top 10 all time performance car. Everything from its handling, cornering and braking to how it carves up a track is unmatched by anything under $70k. You have no clue what you are talking about, quit magazine racing.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #66
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 3,599, Level 37
Points: 3,599, Level: 37 Points: 3,599, Level: 37 Points: 3,599, Level: 37
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Do you guys just make things up here? Seriously. You think the STi has "some better engine stuff"? How old are you? 12? I doubt you have even set foot in a new WRX much less a new STi because you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Go DRIVE (and not some test drive from a dealer) a WRX and STi back to back and then come back and tell me all you would take the WRX over the STi. Its ALOT more than just a simple tune. The STi is a top 10 all time performance car. Everything from its handling, cornering and braking to how it carves up a track is unmatched by anything under $70k. You have no clue what you are talking about, quit magazine racing.
Unmatched? Yeah, how about the Evo MR. Or since you're setting the bar retardedly high, there's the BMW M3...and hell, if you've got 70K to blow, you probably have 20 more. Get a GTR.

Who's magazine racing now?

The fact of the matter is that the WRX is still damn good value, and the premium you pay for that STi badge doesn't get you as much as it used to. with a factory-turbo'd car, you can easily make up the power gap. The main differences you're looking at in an STi are probably the brakes (for obvious reasons with a power bump) and the 6-speed. The 6 speed is by far the better of the two trannies, go ask the Subie guys. The 5-speed tends to blow apart when you pump up the power.

Going back to the "carving up the track," do you honestly think a stock STi is going to compete on an open track like Road Atlanta with an M3? Or an E63 AMG? Come on. The STi is cool, but it's not god. Now if you had said it blows everything away under 45 grand...then you'd be on better standing. The only rival it really has there is the MR.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #67
King of all blacks!!

Fan#: 64900
What I Drive: 2013 Fusion SE,2012 Fiat 500 Abarth

FF Reputation: 7 mjd4277 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Last time I checked Subaru still swears by Brembo for brakes for the STi models.
2003 Nissan Frontier SVE "Trailbreaker"
Team Duratec #241-Bailout Money?!?! WTF is that??
Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #68
King of all blacks!!

Fan#: 64900
What I Drive: 2013 Fusion SE,2012 Fiat 500 Abarth

FF Reputation: 7 mjd4277 Good Standing Member
Before you guys start "swinging dicks",I suggest that you look at the features of the WRX,STi,EVO and all the other cars mentioned here. Sometimes the price comes to what kind of equipment is standard and what is optional(but available). Also,it's too soon to tell what kind of equipment the Focus ST is going to have when it gets here(fashionably late to the party,per Ford's m.o.)so let's just wait until the car actually is built ,shall we?
2003 Nissan Frontier SVE "Trailbreaker"
Team Duratec #241-Bailout Money?!?! WTF is that??
Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #69
GO Green

Points 26,907, Level 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooya View Post
Unmatched? Yeah, how about the Evo MR. Or since you're setting the bar retardedly high, there's the BMW M3...and hell, if you've got 70K to blow, you probably have 20 more. Get a GTR.

Who's magazine racing now?

The fact of the matter is that the WRX is still damn good value, and the premium you pay for that STi badge doesn't get you as much as it used to. with a factory-turbo'd car, you can easily make up the power gap. The main differences you're looking at in an STi are probably the brakes (for obvious reasons with a power bump) and the 6-speed. The 6 speed is by far the better of the two trannies, go ask the Subie guys. The 5-speed tends to blow apart when you pump up the power.

Going back to the "carving up the track," do you honestly think a stock STi is going to compete on an open track like Road Atlanta with an M3? Or an E63 AMG? Come on. The STi is cool, but it's not god. Now if you had said it blows everything away under 45 grand...then you'd be on better standing. The only rival it really has there is the MR.

Posted via FF Mobile Should I even bother? Best track carver for under 70k LOL...i can think of a bunch of stuff that would carve up a track better then an sti. Lets see, well the Evo matches the STi, and the Corvette and Corvette Grand Sport, Oh and the porsche boxster s and the speedster and the porsche cayman s, and well I guess if say the M3 we can say the 2011 Mustang GT also since it matches the M3 in every aspect, oh a lotus elise, and an exige. The 370z, the Audi TT-S and i believe the RS is less the 70k too. What else we got people? Mbell, have you driven the brand new wrx and Sti back to back, or ever? You really are shoving the thing on a pedistal and believe me its a great performance car and I love the wrx and the sti, but lets get real here, its not godly and it certainly isnt the performance bargin it used to be.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #70
GO Green

Points 26,907, Level 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Forum Activity 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd4277 View Post
Last time I checked Subaru still swears by Brembo for brakes for the STi models.

Posted via FF Mobile I figured Mjd, and was hoping these were still sti exclusive.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in