2012 Ford Focus gears up for launch - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #31
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Traverse City, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,409
Points 11,599, Level 70
Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Dude, I live 7 miles from FSWerks and I think they know what they are doing and they will be doing all the work. I am doing more than just slapping a turbo on with an exhaust. I will also be adding sway bars and suspension mods. Brembos are in my future too. About $8k total and I paid $4k for the car. So I am still spending HALF price for what a new ST will cost and I will have a faster car. Thanks for the concern though
Still don't see anything in here about clutch, flywheel and torsen...

Have fun on daddy's dime, you are a true modder. </sarcasm>

Also it should be noted that you will be doing all of this on a 12 year old platform, where as the ST is on a 5 year old platform that replaced your platform.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #32
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79288
Location: Anaheim, CA
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

Posts: 443
FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Still don't see anything in here about clutch, flywheel and torsen...

Have fun on daddy's dime, you are a true modder. </sarcasm>

Also it should be noted that you will be doing all of this on a 12 year old platform, where as the ST is on a 5 year old platform that replaced your platform.
I was planning on the Exedy stage 2, is that ok with you?

My car is an 05, big deal. I am not going to be running road courses or going to Nurbugring, what I am doing to my car will be fine for what I want. You think the older cars will be an issue? Have a look at what FSW did to a 10 year old Zetec 2.0 with their turbo kit. Who cares if its "old" technology, this will still smoke a new ST with ease

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsSmD9-oaWw
__________________
2009 Scion Xb with Strup exhaust and way too much else to write here
mbell75 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #33
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Traverse City, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,409
Points 11,599, Level 70
Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
You're doing it wrong. You have missed every point anyone has made in any of the new focus threads. Just because you can make a 2001 zetec faster than the new ST, does not make it better. I can turbocharge a 1990 shadow, and make it smoke your focus, but is it better? I give up, again:

You are doing it wrong.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #34
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79288
Location: Anaheim, CA
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

Posts: 443
FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
You're doing it wrong. You have missed every point anyone has made in any of the new focus threads. Just because you can make a 2001 zetec faster than the new ST, does not make it better. I can turbocharge a 1990 shadow, and make it smoke your focus, but is it better? I give up, again:

You are doing it wrong.

And again, you know very little about cars. The Evo X is in every way an improvement over all previous versions as well. Go drive the X and then drive the VIII and tell me which you prefer. The vast majority who have much prefer the VIII which is the "inferior" car technologically speaking. The same can be said for many other cars over the years as well. Just because one is newer and has more current technology in it hardly makes it better. Most people prefer less computer assisted driving and more fun.
__________________
2009 Scion Xb with Strup exhaust and way too much else to write here
mbell75 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #35
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Traverse City, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,409
Points 11,599, Level 70
Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
And again, you know very little about cars. The Evo X is in every way an improvement over all previous versions as well. Go drive the X and then drive the VIII and tell me which you prefer. The vast majority who have much prefer the VIII which is the "inferior" car technologically speaking. The same can be said for many other cars over the years as well. Just because one is newer and has more current technology in it hardly makes it better. Most people prefer less computer assisted driving and more fun.
Right, and the Focus ST is an EVO? You don't want to get into a pissing contest with me over car knowledge kid. Your knowledge is shown in the fact that every mod you are "supposively" putting on your car will be done by someone else.

Drive a 2005 ST from America, (like mine) and drive a MKII ST from Europe, and tell me what is better. The fact is we haven't gotten the performance Focus models since 2004. So to do your little Mistubishi comparison (mirroring the Focus History), we'd have to compare a 2005 Lancer to an EVO X. You fail again.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #36
GO Green
 
DrkKnight614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Fan#: 14522
Location: Long Island, NY, United States
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Posts: 11,148
Points 26,907, Level 97
Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97 Points: 26,907, Level: 97
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
And again, you know very little about cars. The Evo X is in every way an improvement over all previous versions as well. Go drive the X and then drive the VIII and tell me which you prefer. The vast majority who have much prefer the VIII which is the "inferior" car technologically speaking. The same can be said for many other cars over the years as well. Just because one is newer and has more current technology in it hardly makes it better. Most people prefer less computer assisted driving and more fun.


Posted via FF Mobile I believe the enthusiasts choice of the previous evo is because of the Xs decision to gain 400lbs. Might had alittle something to do with the feel of the car.
DrkKnight614 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #37
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79288
Location: Anaheim, CA
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

Posts: 443
FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"supposively"? Really? Wow. Yes, call me crazy but when it comes to something like a turbo install that if done wrong could BLOW UP YOUR ENGINE, I think its best to let the guys who designed and built it handle that Being a car guy doesnt mean you need to do all your own work. We will just have to wait and see what the new ST does but I am still doing what I want to my current ride
__________________
2009 Scion Xb with Strup exhaust and way too much else to write here
mbell75 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #38
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79891
Location: seattle, WA
What I Drive: 2009, black Ford Escape

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 alexisjackson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm thrilled to drive this car soon, and see the capabilities of its features. Looks fun.
__________________
If you want to buy a new or used Ford cars, visit the Ford Dealer Seattle for people who live in the greater Seattle areas.
alexisjackson is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #39
NeedsMoarEverything
 
kylesvt720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51359
Location: Traverse City, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Posts: 11,409
Points 11,599, Level 70
Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70 Points: 11,599, Level: 70
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
"supposively"? Really? Wow. Yes, call me crazy but when it comes to something like a turbo install that if done wrong could BLOW UP YOUR ENGINE, I think its best to let the guys who designed and built it handle that Being a car guy doesnt mean you need to do all your own work. We will just have to wait and see what the new ST does but I am still doing what I want to my current ride
I'm not talking just the kit, but ever mod you've "supposively" put on your car. I say that because I have yet to see you post up your ride in the Showroom with the mods you say you have so far. Being a car guy doesn't mean you have to do everything yourself, but most car enthusiasts take pride in at least doing the smaller things themselves...

I see you stand corrected on the ST debate however, since you did not have any rebuttal for it.
__________________
Jeremy Clarkson on Detroit: “God may have created the world in six days, but while he was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.”


ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
kylesvt720 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #40
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79288
Location: Anaheim, CA
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

Posts: 443
FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
I'm not talking just the kit, but ever mod you've "supposively" put on your car. I say that because I have yet to see you post up your ride in the Showroom with the mods you say you have so far. Being a car guy doesn't mean you have to do everything yourself, but most car enthusiasts take pride in at least doing the smaller things themselves...

I see you stand corrected on the ST debate however, since you did not have any rebuttal for it.

Well you need to pay more attention looks like. Not only did FSW post a video clip of the exhaust on my car after install, I posted a video of me driving it after my mods. Get a clue dude
__________________
2009 Scion Xb with Strup exhaust and way too much else to write here
mbell75 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.




 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1