Possible remodel of mk2 to mk3/RS status - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 415795
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Focusonmyfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Possible remodel of mk2 to mk3/RS status

I have 2 mk2s, I have one as a daily driver(silver 2007 zx4), and the other one was the car that got me into loving the focus in general.(red 2005 zx4)

So long story short I’ve been in love with the RS and ST sub models and I’ve been looking for awhile and decided I don’t want to buy one I’d love to not create one but remodel my 05 to look more up to date close to the new performance models, and I wonder is it possible to put the RS front end, 2015-newer front fenders, and rear bumper on the 05 Focus

I know that with modification and “fabrication”
ANYTHING is possible but I more or less wanted to know if it’s possible with little mods and figment is another question... but if that’s possible, what about front fenders and hood? And possible doors? That’s all for exterior.

My questions about interior would the dash fit well or with minor mods what is the dimensions if anyone could get them or has them?
Steering column, wheel, speedometer, gear shifter, pedals, flooring, ceiling and overhead console, seats front bucket seats and if seat brackets are needed let me know, rear bench, center console, and anything else

And I know I could just buy a newer mk3 and not have much to do but I want to do this.
And will be updating my progress on the build

Thanks, all

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 07:00 PM   #2
Focus Rookie

Points 1, Level 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
UPDATE: so I did get a chance to talk with a friend who owns a 2017 hatchback and the cars are much alike but at the same time not so much because even a couple cm/ inches of a difference throw off everything, the front end from wiper to front bumper will do just fine a couple mock-ups and bolting/unbolting some drilling and it will work just fine the dash will work also with a few adjustments in WIDTH but not so much in length (windshield to seat) the dash is very very much going to be difficult to install with the length it’s a good 10 to 13 inches longer then the 2007 (even though that is not the car I’ll be doing it to, since I’m doing it to my 05)which won’t be the death it end of the project no way no how, but will be a challenge that will definitely be one of the first bit of items to transfer but I know now I will be working front to back not so much worried about the doors because the frame will not hold them, and I don’t plan on doing doors soon anyways, but it’s coming together. And information or help would definitely be appreciated or even advice
THANKS, all
Attached Thumbnails
Possible remodel of mk2 to mk3/RS status-9bd878b9-8b0e-43b1-be01-b32ed61f5fc1_1568073172501.jpg  

Possible remodel of mk2 to mk3/RS status-7866db32-f53e-4385-b467-9b8dfa1c4934_1568073608547.jpg  

Old Today, 07:16 PM   #3
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,419, Level 100
Points: 34,419, Level: 100 Points: 34,419, Level: 100 Points: 34,419, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
With a little imagination anything is possible.....But you have to ask yourself is it worth all your time & materials? There are so many other vehicles out there to start with & you'd get so much more out of......
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 07:50 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

Points 1, Level 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I do ask myself that question a lot Felix and a majority of the time I sit for a long time planning everything beforehand and drawing stuff up and adding stuff together to see and I feel good about it, I work mon-Friday 8-5 and love to work and build with my hands it helped me a lot with anxiety when I was very very young, and this project is not mainly a “haha/look my vroom vroom” it’s more of a “oh wow I actually did something” it’s something I’ve always wanted to do and dreamt of and I’m just happy I can make a reality out of it, but back to the main part, it’s worth it to me because I’m not turning it around to sell it, i want to keep it as long as possible and maybe pass it on or atleast the story one day to future family, because you can’t always find the perfect vehicle with everything you want and wish for, for the price you want so I’ve always been told “don’t wish for something, make it happen” but this will be done some how or another I’m actually working on it right now drawing up plans and diagrams and budgeting out what I can spend to get it in full swing. And more then just looking at stuff on eBay or craigslist.
Old Today, 07:52 PM   #5
Focus Rookie

Points 1, Level 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
But thank you a lot Felix, especially for not bashing my thoughts and project, I respect that.
Old Today, 09:58 PM   #6
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,419, Level 100
Points: 34,419, Level: 100 Points: 34,419, Level: 100 Points: 34,419, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusonmyfoci View Post
But thank you a lot Felix, especially for not bashing my thoughts and project, I respect that.
I'm not a crash the party & say that can't be done kinda guy....I think realistically yeah it could be done, But is this particular project worth your time & materials? Really best to start w/ a '05-'10 european mk2....I used to work in a bodyshop for over 12 yrs btw. Are you real good a fabbing & bending sheet metal? Possibly making some wood mock ups. btw the cowls & inter aprons, ect are different then a Mazda3/S40 Volvo as they went w/ the european mk2, so I'd be looking at one of those, btw have a look at a mk2 rs & you'll see a Volvo engine.......I'd be thinking its so much easier & cost effective to start out w/ the proper canvas.
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in