Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   MK1 Focus (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk1-focus/)
-   -   ST3 Seats to a 2006 (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk1-focus/813133-st3-seats-2006-a.html)

Jay3253 05-24-2019 07:53 AM

ST3 Seats to a 2006

Will the Recaros from a newer Focus ST3 seats fit the mk1.5 Focus? Has anyone done this what do I need to do to make this work?

rambleon84 05-24-2019 08:03 AM

you'll need custom seat brackets and if your seats had an airbag, a cheater to trick your car into thinking the same ones are in place. For the passenger seat, you will need to swap over the seat pressure sensor for the front airbag (not enough pressure/weight on the seat = no air bag.) For the drivers seat you will need to swap over the seat position senor. You will need to also reuse the seatbelt buckets currently affixed to your seats.

A much better choice is the SVT recaros from the the 03-04 EAP's. Far easier to make work. I had put SVT recaros in my '07 and they were fantastic; huge upgrade over the base cloth seats i had and wiring up the heat for them wasnt a big deal either. I also have the ST3 recaros in my ST, they are also good. i feel the ST seats sit too high though and would increase the seating position in a mk1.5, especially on the passenger side that is not height adjustable. they also feel bulkier, so fitting them between the center console could prove difficult as well

Jay3253 05-24-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambleon84 (Post 11380699)
you'll need custom seat brackets and if your seats had an airbag, a cheater to trick your car into thinking the same ones are in place. For the passenger seat, you will need to swap over the seat pressure sensor for the front airbag (not enough pressure/weight on the seat = no air bag.) For the drivers seat you will need to swap over the seat position senor. You will need to also reuse the seatbelt buckets currently affixed to your seats.

A much better choice is the SVT recaros from the the 03-04 EAP's. Far easier to make work. I had put SVT recaros in my '07 and they were fantastic; huge upgrade over the base cloth seats i had and wiring up the heat for them wasnt a big deal either. I also have the ST3 recaros in my ST, they are also good. i feel the ST seats sit too high though and would increase the seating position in a mk1.5, especially on the passenger side that is not height adjustable. they also feel bulkier, so fitting them between the center console could prove difficult as well

And I thought finding a needle in a hey stack was hard! [:(]