Focus Fanatics Forum banner

who has experience with switchback led lights for blinkers?

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  hockeyfreek42 
#1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BO41VYGv4I

i just got some and when i plug them in both the yellow and white come on but if you flip them around they dont work

i emailed the seller still waiting for a reply

#5 ·
Exactly, but only for the switchbacks, regular LED's will work fine but if they are in the blinker they will give you the hyper blink. I had a set of switchbacks on my 07 stock headlights and I needed those. Really simple to use. You just splice them into the ground and the turning I believe. Don't quote me on that though lol. And they will only work one way because of the polarity of them, most LED's are this way unlike incandescent bulbs which don't have a polarity.

#6 ·
Yeah I know I’m not worried about the hyper flash yet...

But the way the bulb is wired it has + and - for each White and Amber it looks like this

A+ -
W+ -

When you look at it upside down
But the duel filament regular bulb I have lights up like this

DRL + -
Blinker - +

That’s why they light up together and don’t flash

#15 ·
ok im going to take this thread back to the switchback leds i just recevied a new set of bulbs and this time after already instaling rear led blinkers and 2X 3ohm 75watt load equilizers in my trunk to delay hyper flash now when i pull out the front blinkers the side markers also go out and when i turn on blinkers they dont blink when the headlights/ drls are on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.