06-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
What I Drive: 2004 SVT, infrared, City Bus...
FF Reputation: 7
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0
Originally Posted by cheap sleeper
Me personally, I would pull the intake pipe and air box out of the way, then chase your positive power wires from the battery to the relay/fuse box and fele the whole wire for any melted spot on the jacket.
The EGR pipe is directly under those wires, and they can settle onto it and short out.
Of course, it could just be your relay fried due to its own fault, but, that's pretty rare.
Check the wire connector that pligs onto the ac compressor.
See if it is soaked or shorted to anything.
Make sure all of your grounds and battery connections are clean incase it was a poor ground causing overheating of the relay.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using FF Mobile
Pulling too much current, caused by a short circuit will burn out relays and blow fuses. It's important to go through slowly and leave no wire section unchecked. If you find a section near heat that feels harder than the rest of the wire (ESPECIALLY if you flex or squeeze it and you hear a cracking sound), it's been cooked and needs to be replaced. Just to rule it out, if you can get to the blower motor connectors check the resistance of them and let us know what you find.
North Dakota, because 30 below zero keeps the riff-raff out.