2002 bad ground fuel pump - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 407481
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Chads183 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fixed pcm fule issues . now i have a car that runs with gas depressed about half ways and runs on 1 or 2 cylinders jumping all around on which ones decide to fire.took picture of wire that i mistakeing hooked up while doing clutch job .yes i energized a ground cause of no crank no start. I now have crank and sparatic starting.2002 bad ground fuel pump-20190305_163138_1551910317264.jpg .i beleive the wires are blue and black and black and yellow. I now have to figure out what componets that got energized .through that mistake. And the no crank no start in the begining was weird to because a simple jumper didnt do the trick on the clutch saftey switch it also had to have a jumper with a wir running to body ground. To crank and start .and thats what started my screwing around and getting the wires on the positive side of the terminal because i did the clutch and thought the issue was under the hood.only to find that i now needed a pcm to drive fuel pump driver again because of this mistake. So i am going to see what all is left from that energizeing incident .i beleive coil pack maybe cam and crank sensor and maybe some relays. Just would hope to try the most likely parts that it could be first and in that case it could be all i just listed. So going to try and follow the black and yellow wire and theblack and blue and see where they head to so i can try to systematically elimnate these parts one by one. Whish i could get to a pick and pull and just grab all this stuff . any ideas or a direction to head in would be greatly apreciated. Yes i know i need to redo ground terminals.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #12
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 9,174, Level 64
Points: 9,174, Level: 64 Points: 9,174, Level: 64 Points: 9,174, Level: 64
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 62 amc49 Excellent Standing Member
With all due respect, the haphazard way you approach electrical work on a modern PCM controlled car where reverse voltage torches parts instantly..............well, that and the word 'systematically' do not belong together at ALL. Unless we are talking about systematic butchery.

Nothing personal at all intended there but the reality of it.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #13
Focus Rookie

Points 1, Level 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
New ecm. New fuel driver . new fuel pump. Engine will run now but spark only every few times on different cylinders and still have not figured out why clutch saftey switch does not work with just a jumper unless grounded and that issue started before the old pcm got scrambled from wrongly conecting the ground wires on batt. It should have to be grounded i would think it would only need the jumper. I am picking up all new relays and the coil pack and anything else i can think of ignition wise this week. I am going to a pick and pull so anything you guys can think of part wise. Please let me know. Yes i made i bad mistake with the wires . started a new job with 12 hrs shift and hit ice in my other vehicle so i busted my ass getting clutch in and had a no crank no start because of that saftey switch i missed and in my lack of sleep rush mode made the terrible mistake of conecting those wires on the pos side instead of neg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #14
Focus Rookie

Points 1, Level 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Also i am going to pick up a crank and can sensor.and the ground in the pic has been taped up with electrical tape . all wireing is is on good shape .

Last edited by Chads183; 03-30-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in