2006 ford focus zx4 no sway bar, bushing, or endlinks? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 112494
What I Drive: Black 2006 ZX4

Points 456, Level 9
Points: 456, Level: 9 Points: 456, Level: 9 Points: 456, Level: 9
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Somethin2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2006 ford focus zx4 no sway bar, bushing, or endlinks?

I have a question about Sway bar end links and bushings. My car is a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 it does not appear to have either sway bar end links or bushings or the sway bar?

IS this something that FORD did make a car without these for this year as well. Seriously went under the car today thinking I was going to replace sway bar end links and bushings and wallah nothing there to replace. Or is this just my imagination? Because I dont even see a SWAY BAR under there. So No sway bar, no sway bar end links, no Bushings? Is this possible for a 2006 ford focus ZX4?

Anyone know if this is true or not? IM baffled at how the car does have one. Our other car a Saturn has a sway bar and the other stuff mentioned. Now looking at your pictures above I noticed that in each there is nothing special to remove the said parts can be seen clearly. One would think that an OEM part(s) would be clearly visible if they exist or not right? I dont see any Sway bar, sway bar end links or even Bushings anywhere this is before jacking up the car in the back off the ground.

Help anyone Im lost?

This picture below is taken from this thread I used it as an example to describe my situation.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...69#post4980969

My understanding is that there are some 2007 focus that dont have these either? The parts do not exist on my car. Which means the bar does not exist either. Is or was this designed by as is? Or was this something that was removed by previous owner possibly. There is nothing which indicates there was ever any Bushings install, sway bar, or even sway bar end links for the rear.

This is the thread I was reading on and came to a conclusion that my car might not have came with the said parts installed. Anyone else have a 2006 focus that experienced the same dilema or any other year for that matter that missing all the same parts circled in picture including sway bar? How seriously is this to the functioning of the car? Does it affect wheel tread wear uneven wear etc... Perfomance handling?

My biggest concern is that I have lost my mind. Recently did front and rear shocks successfully as result of this forum didnt have any trouble with this said repair. Now go to do sway bar end links and bushings and wallah nothing is there to do. How the heck is this even possible. VERY STUMPED here people can anyone help me solve this confusion please?

If someone can Shed any thought or understanding on this it would be greately appreciated. I dont believe a dealership or any other shop would remove these items as they could be liable for a suit. SO thats my other concern is why wouldnt my 2006 ford focus ZX4 come with all these parts if they are a significant to the functioning of the suspension system or its stability there of.

At a convenience store coincidently I noticed someone with a different year FORD FOCUS. Ironicaly it was an officer so I asked him if I could peak at the suspension. His car was a 2008 focus and it was also missing all the said parts above no sway bar, no bushings, no sway bar endlinks.

ANYONE PLEASE HELP I am seriously confused. Wouldnt the car be swaying all over the place on the roads if there wasnt any sway bar or the other stuff mentioned? My other assumption is that the tires would be shot in a half the period of time.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 121761
What I Drive: 2014 HB SE

Points 3,001, Level 33
Points: 3,001, Level: 33 Points: 3,001, Level: 33 Points: 3,001, Level: 33
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 rexazz2 Good Standing Member
All cars have a front sway bar , probably a must due to the extra weight of the transmission and motor
Rears are usually factory installed for "handling" "sport" or" performance" packages
Struts or shocks also help dampen sway as well

I had a V8 Dakota SLT and it was factory equipped with rear sway bar while the base truck didn't have one

BTW the one you linked to looks way to heavy in diameter for the rear of a compact IMO
Old 11-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 456, Level 9
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexazz2 View Post
All cars have a front sway bar , probably a must due to the extra weight of the transmission and motor
Rears are usually factory installed for "handling" "sport" or" performance" packages
Struts or shocks also help dampen sway as well

I had a V8 Dakota SLT and it was factory equipped with rear sway bar while the base truck didn't have one

BTW the one you linked to looks way to heavy in diameter for the rear of a compact IMO
The one I posted was believed to be from someone elses 2007 focus. The link shows their pictures with other installs not factory installs obviously. This base truck is what? What year if I can ask please? I understand you said one of your vehicles does the other doesnt just looking to see if its something that happened after a certain year or before a certain year. Kinda like sounds that auto industry was experimenting to see what customers would or wouldnt allow idk?

I do appreciate you responding though. Makes me feel relieved to know I am not Crazy yet. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 89 Civic Base

Points 13,492, Level 75
Points: 13,492, Level: 75 Points: 13,492, Level: 75 Points: 13,492, Level: 75
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Member jetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yes most base model Focus came with no rear swaybar. There is a kit sold to add one if you want.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 121761
What I Drive: 2014 HB SE

Points 3,001, Level 33
Points: 3,001, Level: 33 Points: 3,001, Level: 33 Points: 3,001, Level: 33
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 rexazz2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethin2 View Post
The one I posted was believed to be from someone elses 2007 focus. The link shows their pictures with other installs not factory installs obviously. This base truck is what? What year if I can ask please? I understand you said one of your vehicles does the other doesnt just looking to see if its something that happened after a certain year or before a certain year. Kinda like sounds that auto industry was experimenting to see what customers would or wouldnt allow idk?

I do appreciate you responding though. Makes me feel relieved to know I am not Crazy yet. LOL
My Dakota was a 2006 SLT
when I sold it, the dealer said it needed a rear sway bar link for safety inspection pass
The mechanic basically told me if I removed the entire assembly it would pass but because there was a small amount of movement in the link it was a fail

to be a sport , special etc it has to be different in some way other than just badging
Old 11-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 456, Level 9
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I believe you with what you are saying. Another question i have would there be way for me to contact ford directly to determine if it was sold new with or without? What is your opinion on this if I provided them a VIN #.... I realize Im beating this with a broom to understanding. Just want to VERIFY that this car never had one and then I can move on from this concern to whether or how to install one for very cheap. Ya would think a dealership or FORD PRODUCTION would be able to tell a person if car came with or without.

I was under there earlier trying to replace rear end links and bushings but there was nothing to replace everything was missing. lol Its one of those things that will drive someone to wonder whether they truly had or didnt have one when car was originally built. Just trying to appease others whom might stumble onto this same topic same years range 2005-2010.

If you were to put a difficulty on installation of new Sway bar and respective other parts 1 being easy to 10 behing difficult what would it probably best be @.

Ive done struts n shocks. recent that was easier then thought. Noticed Suspension Bible where guy and his girl posted all pics of tearing it down building front and rear back thats way cool.

You did answer my question as to whether there were cars made without and I appreciate this. I for my own purposes just want to verify that there was never ANY stabalizer installed on rear. Visually inspection by me sees nothing which suggests there ever was. Car has about 73,000 miles on 2006 ZX4.

Thankyou for your help seriously. Thought I was nuts all the research done prior then go to attempt to replace a few parts and its like it vanished couldnt understand where it all was. lmao
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 456, Level 9
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
thanks im one of those people who hears it from a few and believes especially if I can verify it. Kinda sounds like alot of us on here which is probably what keeps us coming back to a realiable excellent resource of like thinking minds to manage our own automotive repair needs.

Thankyou
Old 11-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83143
What I Drive: 2005 white se zx4

Points 4,551, Level 43
Points: 4,551, Level: 43 Points: 4,551, Level: 43 Points: 4,551, Level: 43
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 4 #1fordfan Good Standing Member
my 2005 zx4 SE doesn't have one. I've been thinking of adding one,just wondering if it really makes enough of a difference in handling to justify the cost?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110644
What I Drive: 2006 sonic blue zx5

Points 172, Level 3
Points: 172, Level: 3 Points: 172, Level: 3 Points: 172, Level: 3
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 06zx5guy Good Standing Member
I have an 06 zx5. The base "se" models don't come with a rear sway bar. You can either get a bolt on steeda bar or swap the rear subframe out with one that has the bar mounts. I picked up a rear subframe with a sway bar attached off a 2010 ses for under a hundred bucks from a local salvage yard.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 456, Level 9
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Hey regarding cost!

Everything Ive read suggests that the REAR SWAY BAR plays a significant role in minimizing unecessary wear and what not on not only wheels but also other suspension components. Thats the real reason I got interested in it myself.

I appreciate ya all telling me about what year n what not you have. IT certainly gives me piece of mind knowing I wasnt Confused about how to find or replace a rear sway bar end links or respective bushings. Earlier in guest parking there was someone with an SE Ford Focus parked near my place. I went up looked up under the back suspension and sure as hell could see the endlinks as visible as day. Which further helps me know that mine was one of those without.

Imagine trying to go replace something only to see that there was nothing there to be able to replace. Doing all your homework prior and taking the wheels off set ready go. THen UT OH nothing there. LMAO live n learn huh? Now the Mystery is over about wondering lmao.

Heck even went as far to get the Haynes Manual from library--- to review it to see if Sway bar was hidden somewhere in a secret dimension. This was prior to reading your posts from all of you today. And seeing the visible endlinks up under that SE Focus near my place that wasnt mine which had them on it. There were in the location they would be otherwise which is where I looked in the first place. Its ok to question oneself but damn dont take the wheels off like I did unless you are bored and want something to do. It wasnt all a loss though noticed a small piece of nail or something in tire which will be repaired free cause of tire warranty. SO it wasnt really a waste of time.

Learning is never a waste of time.

Thankyou EVERYONE for responding most appreciated.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in