JRSC dilemma. should i put it on the SVT or ZX3? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Points 16,803, Level 82
Points: 16,803, Level: 82 Points: 16,803, Level: 82 Points: 16,803, Level: 82
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
JRSC dilemma. should i put it on the SVT or ZX3?

okay guys. as the title says im having a bit of a dilemma right now. i bought a JRSC last november with plans to throw it on my zx3. the zx3 would go down for however long it takes to do a motor swap. the new motor will have a forged bottom end, new bearings, ARP everything, FRPP head with bigger valves and anything else you could think of to make a bullet proof engine that can take 500whp. the plan was to build a complete second engine, bolt the JRSC to it and then do an engine swap. run a crap ton of nitrous to it and see if i can hit 400whp with it. eventually the JRSC was coming off for a turbo setup. well i stumbled across a deal on a SVT a few weeks ago that i couldnt pass up. well my plans changed slightly. now i have something to do with the JRSC after it comes off the zx3. instead of trying to sell it i can put it on the SVT and have a pretty freakin peppy daily driver. well it ended up blowing the head gasket on the way home from buying it and right now the head is off the car waiting for me to have time to put everything back together. you guys know its alot easier to get a S/C on there by bolting it up with the head off and then putting the whole shebang on there at once. it would be so easy to go ahead and throw the JRSC at the SVT NOW instead of waiting the several months that it will take for me to amass all the parts i need for the ZX3 build. im just torn between doing it now with the SVT or waiting to put it on the ZX3. what do you think i should do? i know it wont make a whole lot of power. i only expect 220whp at the absolute most. and i will not be throwing any nitrous to it whatsoever. the car will be a daily driver and will see maybe 5 trips to the track this year if even that. i also know that i need to get the ports on the IM matched to the ports on the SVT head which isnt a big deal. i already have injectors i can use for it and i even have a Xcal2 that came with the car. there is absolutely nothing stopping me from doing it now. the only question is whether or not i SHOULD. the ZX3 is still getting built either way and will be getting turbo and it might actually happen sooner. the ZX3 will probably turn into the play toy that spends most of its time at the track and only occasionally gets driven on the streets and the SVT will be left completely alone other than the JRSC. im not even putting aftermarket exhaust on it. opinions? oh and if there is anything else im forgetting about that would need to be done to bolt a ZX3 JRSC up to a SVT that would be nice to know too. all i can think of is port matching the IM to the head. obviously will have to run a 65mm TB for a standard zetec which i already have. ill probably put the SVT IM and TB on the ZX3 and use the MSD rpm window switch to operate the DSIM. otherwise i can put the stock TB back on the ZX3 for the mean time. i dont know what i should do guys. somebody sway me one way or another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Back from the dead with very few f***s left to give.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
un1corn

Fan#: 53353
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue D23 ZX5

FF Reputation: 14 ehancock Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Non-svt jrsc and svt jrsc use two different blowers (I forget their model numbers, im typing this on my phone while i poop). You'll be lucky to hit 180-190whp with the smaller non-svt jrsc though. If that's enough for you then go for it
Old 07-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
low n slow

Fan#: 75938
What I Drive: 96 paseo 97 contour zetec mtx 75

Points 4,852, Level 44
Points: 4,852, Level: 44 Points: 4,852, Level: 44 Points: 4,852, Level: 44
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 jmcrides03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
im pretty sure the non- svt jrsc uses a eaton m45 and the svt kit uses a m62. or maybe its m62 on the non svt and m90 on svt kit
sedan revolution #83 Team Focus Cleveland #14
96 toyota paseo 97 contour zetec mtx turbo build in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
PARTS HUNTER

Fan#: 71669
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX2 5.0 SUPERCAB

FF Reputation: 9 DEMENTED SVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
M62 is on my Svt. The blower is bigger on the Svt. Are the ports for the lower manifold bigger for the Svt to the cylinder head than the zetec mani?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
PARTS HUNTER

Fan#: 71669
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX2 5.0 SUPERCAB

FF Reputation: 9 DEMENTED SVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Sorry u already answered that I didn't want to read that novel u wrote lol
Old 07-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Points 16,803, Level 82
Points: 16,803, Level: 82 Points: 16,803, Level: 82 Points: 16,803, Level: 82
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
my thinking is that the standard non BBK JRSC is supposed to be good for 45whp on the zx3. with the bbk it should be good for at least 60whp i would think if not a little more. start out with 170hp (150-155whp) and i would think you would be looking at 200 at the least. and yes i would be happy with that. it would be as much or more than the zx3 would make with the built engine minus the nitrous. and im not looking to make a monster of the SVT. like i said its still just a daily driver and that is all it will ever be unless the engine pops and i cant find another SVTF engine. in which case i may have to do a 3.0 SVTC swap. ive always wanted to try it and i think i could do it over the course of a few weeks. anyway back on topic. still didnt get any good opinions to sway me one way or another! SWAY ME PEOPLE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Back from the dead with very few f***s left to give.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 2 SVTs, 1 V8 SVT & two 7.3L diesels

Points 30,313, Level 100
Points: 30,313, Level: 100 Points: 30,313, Level: 100 Points: 30,313, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
well, your going to look at another problem. not only will you have the trouble of the ports lining up, but you will have the problem of loss of torque. IIRC, the SVT head ports are a fair amount larger. torque is based off of velocity (well, alot of how much torque you get is gained from that. ) if you put the blower on a head w/ much much larger ports, the air velocity will slow alot. so not only will you not gain torque, its actually theoretically possible to lose torque. that blower moves ALOT less air than the SVT. you may not gain hp either. IF you retap the holes to line up w/ the svt bolt holes, i don't see you gianing anything. just run nitrous as is. so what i'm saying is, i think you will gain more power on the zetec than on the svt. the blower is just too small for the SVT. do i know? no. am i way off base? maybe, but just going by what i see. maybe Tom will chime in. or iminhell.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 22059
What I Drive: 03 SVT: stock 04 SVT: RS replica

Points 17,355, Level 84
Points: 17,355, Level: 84 Points: 17,355, Level: 84 Points: 17,355, Level: 84
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 80 CaysE Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
The non-SVT JRSC is hp rated for a non-SVT engine, which means it probably won't give as much gain on an SVT. I doubt you'll reach 200whp, let alone 220. 400 is completely out of the question. That M45 is just too small.

MLB, there's no way it will loose power with the M45; it simply won't make as much of an increase in power as it would on a standard Zetec. Bigger ports just mean lower PSI, and that's if the ports even line up correctly.

I think the SVT kit uses a different alternator bracket than the M45 kit, anyway. Plus you have to spend a few hundred for a custom tune. I wouldn't bother with this idea at all.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 2 SVTs, 1 V8 SVT & two 7.3L diesels

Points 30,313, Level 100
Points: 30,313, Level: 100 Points: 30,313, Level: 100 Points: 30,313, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
well, i was just looking at the torque numbers that a few have made and i would think they would drop a bit on the svt. hp would go up though. someone recently only made 126 wtq on the non bbk on the zetec. which is super low. so i'm not sure how it would fair on an SVT. it would be interesting to find out though!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 22059
What I Drive: 03 SVT: stock 04 SVT: RS replica

Points 17,355, Level 84
Points: 17,355, Level: 84 Points: 17,355, Level: 84 Points: 17,355, Level: 84
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 80 CaysE Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
It's still pushing air into the cylinders, not restricting it. It would have to be incredibly small to do that.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in