Uncharted scary times ahead - Page 237 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat Lounge (Members Only)

General Chat Lounge (Members Only) Post any and all random topics that are suitable for all members. Nudity, vulgarity, arguing, and any offensive content are prohibited.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree1186Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #2361
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,726, Level 100
Points: 34,726, Level: 100 Points: 34,726, Level: 100 Points: 34,726, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..:: sleestak ::.. View Post
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...dhN/story.html

Medical Deferred Action is being lifted on sick immigrants/kids by the Trump administration.

Letters were sent to families giving them 33 days to leave the US. Kids who need life supporting treatment: cancer, leukemia, etc. are too just up and leave.

When questioned the media has been told that they are simply shifting this to ICE, who had no idea this was going to happen.

What The actual F?!

Sent from my 2PZC5 using FF Mobile
What do all these trump supporters say now?
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2019, 05:44 AM   #2362
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 37,844, Level 100
Points: 37,844, Level: 100 Points: 37,844, Level: 100 Points: 37,844, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 274 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Probably not saying much while they are dancing to REMs "The End of the World As We Know It".

They didn't say much when Trump appeared with a faux Presidential seal behind him. It was the "fake news" media who exposed it. Just like most of them were waving Russian flags with Trump's name on them at CPAC. They have their own reality.

The same goes for the stock market right now, as I've noticed over the past month. Just last week, Trump said that he had gotten phone calls from China saying that they wanted to negotiate tariffs. The next morning the market rose due to this revelation- even though China had responded that they had no knowledge of any phone calls to the President. On Friday, 2 days after that BS, the market was blah. It's a great time for people who can ride the wave, but a scary pre-recession time for anyone interested in generating long term wealth. September is usually a "down" month, so we'll see how the trade war affects it at the end of this week. IMO, China is allowing Trump's fantasies to continue while they make efforts to increase market exposure in other markets so that they can pull the rug out from under us without damaging their economy.

Eventually, fantasies and reality incongruencies meet the wall of truth. The same can be said for the "left" reality incongruent platforms of some of the Presidential hopefuls. What bothers me is how much ability foreign and domestic actors have to manipulate election results, and how we, "The Greatest Nation on Earth" have done absolutely nothing to prevent this. Take the recent example in MS: Voting machine changes vote. This was a visible change, which begs the question- what about invisible changes? Was this just a test run to see how the public would react? It was just a primary after all, so it's not serious. However the reality is that most states have appointed GOP officials to oversee election commissions. If Trump loses, he can claim that undocumented individuals voted, and if he wins, Democrats can claim that Russian hackers changed votes. It's a no-win situation for the USA, and we're likely headed for a civil war no matter who really wins the election. It is a win-win for China and Russia either way.
Pb-foot and felixthecat like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You're special aren't you.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:30 AM   #2363
Grey Friar

Fan#: 62873
What I Drive: 2 cars or a "Further"-style van.

Points 1,941, Level 26
Points: 1,941, Level: 26 Points: 1,941, Level: 26 Points: 1,941, Level: 26
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 63%
Activity: 63% Activity: 63% Activity: 63%
FF Reputation: 8 Pb-foot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The loss of voting integrity, due to our collective insistence on using higher and higher tech to "solve" every problem (whether or not a problem exists), while awarding huge sums of taxpayer money to incompetent friends/cronies who produce the tech, is our downfall. Voting integrity is something we all should be demanding from our state's elected leaders... writing letters, emailing, or calling their offices... currently, our election results are vulnerable to foreign and domestic enemies.

The ol' Crystal Ball says, when people in the far future (if there are people in the far future) study about this time, either Trump will be remembered as the greatest traitor and fool in the history of our country, if it is "we" who wrote that history, or his statue will be receiving polish and a refreshed plaque, inscribed with words of praise, if it is the Russians who wrote that history. So far DJT has done everything in his power to destroy our economy and ruin our credibility as a world leader. And those who supported his agenda? They'll still be watching infotainment and thinking it's news, listening to the whispers of the devil and thinking it's Jesus, and reading the Russian version of history... saluting Stalin and thinking it's Lincoln.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2019, 09:36 AM   #2364
Grey Friar

Points 1,941, Level 26
Level Up 41% Completed
Forum Activity 63%
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
What do all these trump supporters say now?
I'm thinking it depends on which sub-cult they belong to... "good riddance, let them die", or "not our problem", or "who cares, they're not white", or "faux news, The Donald loves all children". Bunch of losers.
felixthecat likes this.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #2365
Grey Friar

Points 1,941, Level 26
Level Up 41% Completed
Forum Activity 63%
Here's a nice bit about gun control (and the fact that the writer felt it was appropriate to use the word "rekindled" less than a month after El Paso): "The shooting rekindled a debate over gun control that had been prompted by the El Paso attack but had faded when Mr. Trump appeared to defer to Congress, which went into recess. It comes a week before Congress reconvenes and just one day before Texas is set to ease some gun restrictions, making it easier to carry handguns in churches and schools." [https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/break...id=spartanntp]

Texas, the land where Ted Cruz is a big deal (chalk up one for DJT, saving us from the likes of that mealy mouth), has apparently just upped the ante on dumb. Once the new leniency on open and/or concealed carry in churches and schools becomes commonplace, and includes many of the children that attend their high schools, I can imagine the following paragraph, down the page, in a story about a killer of children in Texas: Joe Schmoe was also killed today while attempting to save Suzy Creamcheese, his girlfriend, from the mass shooter. According to witnesses, the shooter entered a hallway filled with students going to classes, where Joe was talking to his girlfriend, when the shooter started firing. Joe immediately drew his concealed handgun and started firing toward the shooter, half way down the hall near the end. His first few shots missed and it seems one of his bullets struck the back of the left thigh of a teacher, who was exiting a classroom with his handgun drawn. The teacher explained to police that he wasn't able to determine who was the attacker, but returned fire in the direction of the gun that fired the bullet that hit his leg. He said he felt terrible after he realized the real shooter had fled the hallway to attack the library, and that he has just killed a boy who was simply trying to help.

The "Fog of War" is coming to churches and schools in Texas... one day soon.
felixthecat likes this.

Last edited by Pb-foot; 09-01-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #2366
w/ my magic bag

Points 34,726, Level 100
Points: 34,726, Level: 100 Points: 34,726, Level: 100 Points: 34,726, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
And here we are now w/ more shootings in Odessa-Midland......Whats trump tweeting now, Good job Texas law enforcement officials.......Typical could really careless, why even tweet comments?
Pb-foot likes this.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #2367
Grey Friar

Points 1,941, Level 26
Level Up 41% Completed
Forum Activity 63%
Yeah, Tweeting is a worthless way to try and get any important point across, and when the tweeter is an idiot it's more pointless, and becomes either disturbing or destructive. When the tweeter is an egoist idiot POTUS... the world worries, and rightfully so.
felixthecat likes this.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #2368
w/ my magic bag

Points 34,726, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb-foot View Post
Yeah, Tweeting is a worthless way to try and get any important point across, and when the tweeter is an idiot it's more pointless, and becomes either disturbing or destructive. When the tweeter is an egoist idiot POTUS... the world worries, and rightfully so.
100 x over.....^^^^
Old 09-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #2369
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 37,844, Level 100
Points: 37,844, Level: 100 Points: 37,844, Level: 100 Points: 37,844, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 274 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
TN has "castle" laws. There are still Federal laws that prohibit firearms on school property. The way these interact is that a CCW holder is legal to leave weapons in the vehicle while entering the school. We also have age limits at 21 for CCW, so even if there was some sort of TX-like law change, it's not like kids would be legal to carry. TN doesn't have open carry laws, in fact, open carry can be considered "brandishing". It is dangerous, depending on who is around you, to conceal carry a weapon that can be seen under the clothing. For example, if CCW dude was in mid-town and ran into a group of lawyers. A verbal conflict arises over beer choices, and one lawyer notices a concealed weapon on hetero dude, calls the police, confers with compatriots, then when the police show up- CCW dude is arrested for brandishing- a felony. Whether or not he then has to give up his weapons depends on the judge and sentencing. It is possible that the charge could be reduced, however, the arrest record would remain which means that any time he was pulled over by the police, they would immediately think he was Charles Bronson.

Firearms laws are complicated. I was against TN's "Guns in Bars" law change, but then I realized how ridiculous it was when taken with all the other laws already on the books. It basically only helps bond agents and biker gangs. I still think it should be done away with and a law passed instead primarily directed at bond agents- if that was a purpose. For a non-police civilian, not a bond agent, if you discharge your weapon while intoxicated, you lose your permit, and get hit with a felony. CCW permit holders take major risks carrying in public.

I'm not saying that it should be easier. I don't wish to see a 100% armed public as a deterrent to crime. I also don't want to see a 100% disarmed public at the whim of government approved weapon carriers. That doesn't work well in Africa, or the Philippines. Firearms are a cultural problem- it's how the society uses it. What we have now with Trump is similar to the 100th Monkey theory. I'll get into that later.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
You're special aren't you.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #2370
Grey Friar

Points 1,941, Level 26
Level Up 41% Completed
Forum Activity 63%
Disarmed public works pretty well in England. It seems it's the 3rd world countries that have to worry about a disarmed public, not the 1st world ones. In GB "concealed carry" means a knife, "open carry" would mean a sword. When sword fighting returns to the British Isles, that's when we'll see some good cell phone videos of street conflicts. Right now it's all knife fighting, and the number of deaths caused by an attacker is usually zero to two... the American punks that enter schools to kill children wouldn't have the guts to try a "mass killing spree" with either a knife or a sword... and they wouldn't be successful if they did try.

I'm not advocating for a "disarmed American public", that would be literally impossible. The USA is far too big, relied on guns for frontier survival barely over a century ago (and has a Hollywood-nostalgia for the frontier days), still has a hunting ethic in several states, and has a population that is mostly armed. There is no chance of becoming disarmed like England in our children's lifetime, if ever.

Last edited by Pb-foot; 09-03-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in