Ford Cars: Anyone buying a 2018 model? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge

General Car Chat Lounge Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #11
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 347458
What I Drive: 2018 Silver Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 13,188, Level 74
Points: 13,188, Level: 74 Points: 13,188, Level: 74 Points: 13,188, Level: 74
Level Up 85% Completed
Level up: 85% Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Colossus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking New 2018 Titanium

After my 2014 Focus SE Hatch was totaled, I had to get a replacement and I got a great deal on my new 2018 Focus Titanium Hatch. It has been great, and they did some tweaking to the suspension and the power. Plus the transmission it really quiet and not sounding like a box of rocks.

It drives and handles better then the 2014, plus I prefer leather as its easier to clean and easier to maintain.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 350154
What I Drive: 2018 Blue Metallic ST2.8

Points 129, Level 2
Points: 129, Level: 2 Points: 129, Level: 2 Points: 129, Level: 2
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 !SnowyRaven Good Standing Member
Traded in my 2016 Titanium Hatchback for a 2018 Blue Metallic ST2.8 (My designation for the Canadian ST). When I found out Ford was discontinuing it's cars I was pissed... Then I figured I should snag an ST while I still could. I'm definitely pleased with my choice, though. The ST has oomph, and lots of it. I got to experience that on my ~800km (~497mi) drive home, seeing as (since Focus production ended in May) I could only get one that was already on a lot.

Notes:
  • I thought blue metallic would be a "meh" colour, but I'm finding I like it. I think Ford should've called this colour "Confusing Blue" because it really does confuse me. In the daytime it looks like a lighter blue, and has metal flakes (as per the "metallic" part of it's name), but at night it almost looks like Kona blue, (As in: near black with a blue tinge), which, Kona Blue was an awesome colour. Even in darker times (like in the picture below) it still looks like a different colour than in the daytime. It's weird, and I like it.
  • Turns out I don't really miss mirror puddle lights as much as I thought I would, as this car doesn't have them
  • DRL strips have been improved. I no longer see the individual diodes in the strip when it's on it's low-setting. I think they added one or three more in each strip to make it look better.
  • HID headlighting is awesome, but the cornering lights and adaptive lighting systems are only on in the Autolamps position (which, booooo), and the cornering lights don't both light up when in reverse (aren't they supposed to?).
  • They changed the horn sound
  • Ambient lighting is gone from the door release handles and door map pockets. Probably a cost-cutting measure, and that way they don't have the make those lights change color when the doors open.
  • Ambient Lighting controls are no longer beside the moonroof controls. There's no more dial in the overhead console. No more search mode for the dome lights. I'm gonna' miss that thing. Now it's all in Sync Settings.
  • Theres about ft of cargo space less than S-Titanium trim Foci. That's the penalty brought on by the full-size spare. I'm not bothered by it, though. I'd rather have a full-size spare than have to do 80 km/h (~50mph) maximum on a donut, should a tire become compromised.

Here's a picture of them side-by-side (the one DRL strip on the ST isn't malfunctioning, that's just how the camera took it).
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Cars: Anyone buying a 2018 model?-img_2679-2.jpg  

felixthecat and Gi_Jo_Nathan like this.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:05 PM   #13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2017 RS, 2012 MTX Hatch

Points 2,440, Level 29
Points: 2,440, Level: 29 Points: 2,440, Level: 29 Points: 2,440, Level: 29
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 4 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Nice!
Thinking about selling my '12 and trading my wifes '16 for an ST2 in the same color.
Mind if I ask how many miles you had on your '16 and how much they gave you?
HATCH NATION #77
12 SE HB MTX, Focus-Power Tuned, Green Filter, custom 2.5" cat-back w/Borla, Steeda Short Shift Bracket, JBR RSB & Solid Shift Housing Bushing's, NTC Shifter Bushing, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #14
Focus Enthusiast

Points 129, Level 2
Level Up 58% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi_Jo_Nathan View Post
Nice!
Thinking about selling my '12 and trading my wifes '16 for an ST2 in the same color.
Mind if I ask how many miles you had on your '16 and how much they gave you?
I'll send you a PM.
Gi_Jo_Nathan likes this.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:02 AM   #15
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145602
Points 5,924, Level 49
Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49 Points: 5,924, Level: 49
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Ford Cars: Anyone buying a 2018 model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SnowyRaven View Post
Traded in my 2016 Titanium Hatchback for a 2018 Blue Metallic ST2.8 (My designation for the Canadian ST). When I found out Ford was discontinuing it's cars I was pissed... Then I figured I should snag an ST while I still could. I'm definitely pleased with my choice, though. The ST has oomph, and lots of it. I got to experience that on my ~800km (~497mi) drive home, seeing as (since Focus production ended in May) I could only get one that was already on a lot.

Notes:
  • I thought blue metallic would be a "meh" colour, but I'm finding I like it. I think Ford should've called this colour "Confusing Blue" because it really does confuse me. In the daytime it looks like a lighter blue, and has metal flakes (as per the "metallic" part of it's name), but at night it almost looks like Kona blue, (As in: near black with a blue tinge), which, Kona Blue was an awesome colour. Even in darker times (like in the picture below) it still looks like a different colour than in the daytime. It's weird, and I like it.
  • Turns out I don't really miss mirror puddle lights as much as I thought I would, as this car doesn't have them
  • DRL strips have been improved. I no longer see the individual diodes in the strip when it's on it's low-setting. I think they added one or three more in each strip to make it look better.
  • HID headlighting is awesome, but the cornering lights and adaptive lighting systems are only on in the Autolamps position (which, booooo), and the cornering lights don't both light up when in reverse (aren't they supposed to?).
  • They changed the horn sound
  • Ambient lighting is gone from the door release handles and door map pockets. Probably a cost-cutting measure, and that way they don't have the make those lights change color when the doors open.
  • Ambient Lighting controls are no longer beside the moonroof controls. There's no more dial in the overhead console. No more search mode for the dome lights. I'm gonna' miss that thing. Now it's all in Sync Settings.
  • Theres about ft of cargo space less than S-Titanium trim Foci. That's the penalty brought on by the full-size spare. I'm not bothered by it, though. I'd rather have a full-size spare than have to do 80 km/h (~50mph) maximum on a donut, should a tire become compromised.

Here's a picture of them side-by-side (the one DRL strip on the ST isn't malfunctioning, that's just how the camera took it).

How are you liking the ST & the manual? Hows the MPG vs. a Titanium? I also have a Titanium Hatchback & it was more interior options & features than an ST1, but the ST looks so much better. Im keeping my eye on the prices with the 2018 ST & see how much they drop. I wish Ford offered a 2018 Silver ST, but I do like the magnetic grey or white, for easier maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Old 06-02-2018, 06:22 AM   #16
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,511, Level 100
Points: 34,511, Level: 100 Points: 34,511, Level: 100 Points: 34,511, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Liking the blue since Ford doesn't offer silver for the later yrs....any color but white......
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
Old 06-02-2018, 08:34 AM   #17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 274433
What I Drive: 2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Points 2,717, Level 31
Points: 2,717, Level: 31 Points: 2,717, Level: 31 Points: 2,717, Level: 31
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
FF Reputation: 2 Ductape91 Good Standing Member
That blue does look kinda "meh" in person when i see it on the lot.
Seems to be more at home on a lincoln to me.
Not ugly or anything but not very sporty looking, understated is the word im probly think of.

Now that red orange color i noticed lately would have been nice to see a few years ago.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '14 Tangerine Scream ST3

Points 22,723, Level 93
Points: 22,723, Level: 93 Points: 22,723, Level: 93 Points: 22,723, Level: 93
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 26 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
I kept my Contour SVT for 13 years.
And at the end, if I could have bought the exact same car over again, I would have jumped at the chance.
My 2014 was built in October of 2014.
I plan on keeping it ten years.(I got the 8 year extended warranty)
Six and a half years to go.
Never know, the geniuses at Fold (good pun there, fold, I meant Ford) may discover making cars in China sucks?
(specially with a 25% tariff!)
And the dude in charge who used to make what? not cars fer' sure... May get booted. They hire an actual car guy? Miracle!! And suddenly Ford will bring back real cars.
I got IMO six and a half years to wait and see.
Otherwise I guess I am buying a 2024 Honda, or Mazda.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #19
Focus Enthusiast

Points 129, Level 2
Level Up 58% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerrun388 View Post
How are you liking the ST & the manual?
Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
In my opinion, the manual transmission in this vehicle is awesome, hands down. One thing I noticed is that it revs higher than the titanium during highway driving, but really, that just means that the ST won't struggle to climb hills with cruise control.

Quote:
How’s the MPG vs. a Titanium?
Titanium in Construction Season:
City: 9.2-10 L/100km (23.5-25.5 MPG).
Highway: If I drove EXTREMELY economically I could get 6.0 L/100km (39.2 MPG). When I didn't care about making that number small, the average was about 6.2-6.6 L/100km (35.6-37.9 MPG)

Titanium in The Brutally Cold Canadian Winter:
City: 10.5-11.5 L/100km (20.4-22.3 MPG)
Highway: 6.4-7.4 L/100km (31.7-36.7 MPG). If I tried really hard I could get it down to 6.3 L/100km (37.3 MPG).

ST in Construction Season:
Before the break-in period of 1600km (1000ish miles) specified by the owner's manual
City: 11.0-11.2 L/100km (21.0-21.4 MPG)
Highway: 8.6-8.8 L/100km (26.7-27.3 MPG).
After the break-in period
City: 10.3-10.7 L/100km (21.9-22.8 MPG)
Highway: 7.2-8.0 L/100km (29.3-32.6 MPG)
Quote:
I wish Ford offered a 2018 Silver ST, but I do like the magnetic grey or white, for easier maintenance.
I wanted the blue metallic BECAUSE it wasn't a colour that would commonly be associated with a performance vehicle. It's underwhelming... it means that, at a glance, people won't see it any differently than a regular Focus.

I'm the only one in my community with a Focus ST, and the only one who's noticed is the guy who owns the only Focus RS in town. It's neat.

As for options, there's really only one ST trim here in Canada: the ST2.8

Last edited by !SnowyRaven; 07-21-2018 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Highway fuel economy information input.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:49 AM   #20
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2018 Blue Metallic Ford Escape S

Points 2,406, Level 29
Points: 2,406, Level: 29 Points: 2,406, Level: 29 Points: 2,406, Level: 29
Level Up 71% Completed
Level up: 71% Level up: 71% Level up: 71%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 5 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
[quote=Ductape91;11284762]That blue does look kinda "meh" in person when i see it on the lot.
Seems to be more at home on a lincoln to me.
Not ugly or anything but not very sporty looking, understated is the word im probly think of.

Now that red orange color i noticed lately would have been nice to see a few years ago.[/quote

Some colors just look better on certain cars than others. I just bought a 2018 Blue Metallic Escape and the color looks better IMO on the Escape than on the Focus ST. Of course wheels play a part too. I think the BM Focus ST if it has the black 5 spoke wheels will look better than with the silver wheels.

Last edited by Pennut; 07-21-2018 at 10:00 AM. Reason: change text.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in