Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   Focus SVT (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/)
-   -   How do I part out my car (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/811867-how-do-i-part-out-my-car.html)

Doc06 03-31-2019 06:13 PM

How do I part out my car

Hi All,
Sadly, my 2003 svt was t-boned and is a loss. I am going to part out what I can. I have a power works supercharger on it. Any idea on what that is worth?
The rims are nice, but not the ford rims. My passenger seat airbag went off, and the glass is out as the passenger door is done.
Thanks
Joe

felixthecat 03-31-2019 07:54 PM

You'll need 25 posts to start with.....I take it the motor runs? shifts good w/ no issues? Of course you know you'll need space to strip it down, then deal w/ all the different ppl & figure out shipping costs for what they're wanting. I'd grab your camera 1st choice & your phone 2nd choice & do a few vids of the motor running & then remove the motor w/ all accessories/trans/suspension w/ the cradle, then remove the rear cradle w/ the suspension in one chunk. Remove the front/rear bumper covers/skirts/front clip/rear hatch...Then onto the interior= steering wheel/dash cluster/seats/door cards/rear panels/console, ect....Them be prepared for lot of pms & shipping cost answers. I'd be more incline to sell the complete running motor w/ supercharger & tuner & everything that goes w/ it, then to seperate it. IDK about you, but I really don't like dealing w/ parting out vehicles, as I like selling the whole vehicle....Last time I did, what I did was sell my yes t-boned(a guy going the wrong way) Capri rs w/ a 331, 4 spd top loader & a whole laundry list of mods to a few guys in the service dept. next door to the body shop & got a real great price for it.....If you like svtf's , possibly look for another & use it for parts........Good luck w/ what direction you go....

c.sivak 03-31-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc06 (Post 11371037)
Hi All,
Sadly, my 2003 svt was t-boned and is a loss. I am going to part out what I can. I have a power works supercharger on it. Any idea on what that is worth?
The rims are nice, but not the ford rims. My passenger seat airbag went off, and the glass is out as the passenger door is done.
Thanks
Joe

if you end parting out the Engine, I'm interested in buying the Upper Intake Manifold. Also, what color is the Front Driver Side Seat? If it is Black with a Red Insert, I'd be interested in that, as well.

Doc06 04-01-2019 06:59 AM

OK, thanks for your advice. My wife isn't going to be happy with this! I really thought the super charger would be worth something.

Doc06 04-01-2019 07:00 AM

OK, I will let you know how it goes. The seats are red and black. The passenger side air bag went off. Drivers side is good

c.sivak 04-01-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc06 (Post 11371171)
OK, I will let you know how it goes. The seats are red and black. The passenger side air bag went off. Drivers side is good

Is the Driver's Seat in good shape? Any Rips or Tears in the material? If not, how much would you ask for it ? Also, is the Upper Intake Manifold still available? If so, how much $?

Doc06 04-01-2019 10:16 AM

The drivers seat is in good shape, just needs a cleaning. The engine was running fine at the time of the accident. I just had a snag with the towing company, so the car isn't with me yet. You are in Indiana? I was thinking of saving the seat for another car, but I will let you know. As soon as I have the car, I will post pictures. I need to look at shipping as well. Thanks.

Wagon_Luv 04-01-2019 11:36 PM

What's your location?
I just got most of the STV brake swap parts from outside of Seattle Friday.
But the guy didn't pull the front knuckles for it.
Also looking for upgrade parts for my wagon, mirrors, front bumper cover, suspension, ect.

thenorm 04-02-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc06 (Post 11371169)
OK, thanks for your advice. My wife isn't going to be happy with this! I really thought the super charger would be worth something.

it is. if you remove the whole supercharger kit such that somebody could install it without having to chase around brackets and hoses. probably worth ~2k.

u might also get a premium on selling the whole car because of that SC.

parting out will get you ultimately more money, but it takes lots of time, and lots of space. I still have random parts kicking around for a car I parted out and scrapped. ultimately you might get $4-6k with a lot of work.

if you want values for parts, you need to go through all the for sale threads, and take notes on what everything is worth. SVT parts are worth more than regular focus parts, as many were limited production, and not made anymore. ie. bumpers are $$$$, engine, transmission, interior, brakes.

many parts are common with a regular focus. hood, fenders, most of the body really, subframes, many engine accessories.

felixthecat 04-02-2019 08:55 PM

This^^^^^^^