Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   Focus SVT (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/)
-   -   Warning lights (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/793194-warning-lights.html)

ITBCHMP 04-02-2018 02:56 PM

Warning lights

2004 SVT. Replaced front pads and now have brake, traction control, ABS lights staying on. When taking off the master cylinder cap the wires were kinda short so tugged a"little" on it. I'm know the wire can be disconnected but I get kind impatient trying to unlock those things. My bad. No evidence of a broken wire so?

SVT Enthusiast 04-02-2018 04:46 PM

Maybe you "nicked" or have debris on the actual ABS sensors that are mounted on the knuckle behind the rotors... Or disconnected somewhere

You will have to throw your SVTF on ramps or pull the wheel/rim off to inspect...

pasta 04-02-2018 07:58 PM

Get it scanned.

ITBCHMP 04-02-2018 10:19 PM

Thanks for the replies. No codes showing. I have no real history on this car but see no evidence of abs on the front. Must be missing something.

pasta 04-02-2018 11:33 PM

You say you have abs lights on. Not showing any codes. ????????

ITBCHMP 04-03-2018 01:31 AM

ABS, traction control, and emergency brake light all stay on. Scanned again, no codes. I'm new at this SVT business so dumb questions. Is the Focus SVT 2 or 4 wheel ABS. As previously stated all I did was replace the front pads and the light show began.

pasta 04-03-2018 08:13 AM

The scanner your using does support abs traction. ??????

Magus2727 04-03-2018 09:43 AM

There is no connection from the ECU to the traction control or ABS. I was fighting this when trying to figure out why my lights were coming on when driving on wet conditions.

Check connections, clean stuff up, use dielectric grease .

I had an issue where something happened after I put my SVT back together. When driving in the snow or raidn my ABS and traction lights come on. There are no pids or ECU registers that hold or talk to the ABS system other than a health pin for it works or not does not work. I isolated it down to the passage side by driving along a road that had melted snow and only half the road was wet. Then took a guess and replaced the driver side sensor first. It works now.

So I recommend look at each sensor, clean everything, use dielectric grease. And try to isolate. Go to the junk yard and puck up a spare front and a spare rear sensor and then try swapping around.

SVT Enthusiast 04-03-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITBCHMP (Post 11214650)
.....I'm new at this SVT business so dumb questions. Is the Focus SVT 2 or 4 wheel ABS.......

All SVTF's have 4-wheel ABS system, but like others said maybe you need the actual wheel sensors...

The sensor itself is a magnetic "stud" so they could have broke off or there is a-lot of material on it covering it up... That's where I would start first.

ITBCHMP 04-04-2018 12:57 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I'm gonna check them out. The code reader I use has ABS capabilities but nothing shows. Why couldn't this just be a fuse? Thanks again.