Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   Focus SVT (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/)
-   -   Headlights and Taillights (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/783153-headlights-taillights.html)

CarLover02 01-14-2018 08:10 PM

Headlights and Taillights

Anyone replaced their headlights and taillights? I’m wanting to keep something that looks stock but isn’t. Mine are extremely cloudy and I don’t know what to replace them with, something that looks good and isn’t too European look would be great. Also, fog lamps would be a consideration too. Anyone ever replaced them?

pasta 01-14-2018 08:40 PM

You have the Mach headlights.

CARiD 01-15-2018 09:20 AM

Hi Caleb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarLover02 (Post 11107801)
Anyone replaced their headlights and taillights? I’m wanting to keep something that looks stock but isn’t.

If you would like something that looks pretty much stock, here are the options to consider. I made a list of headlights that may be of interest for you.
Spyder® - Chrome Factory Style Headlights
Spyder® - Black Factory Style Headlights
Spec-D® - Chrome Headlights
Spec-D® - Black Headlights
These lights are pretty much plug and play, and they use the same bulb sizes as your OE lights do.
Now, the list of taillights that look close to stock (I picked the options that will work for hatchbacks 3/5 doors):
Spyder® - Black/Red Tail Lights
IPCW® - Chrome/Red Tail Lights

Quote:

something that looks good and isn’t too European look would be great.

What do you mean by 'european look'? Those angel eyes, LED strips and stuff?

Quote:

Also, fog lamps would be a consideration too.

And here is a couple of fog light options I can suggest you:
Winjet® - Factory Style Fog Lights
Spec-D® - Factory Style Fog Lights

BradKPed 01-15-2018 10:11 AM

Looks like you've got Mach's on your car. I would get some headlight restoring compound and polish them up. It will get all that haze off and make them look brand new. Those cleaned up Mach's will honestly look and perform better than any aftermarket headlights.

ArcticMynx 01-15-2018 11:07 AM

machs are expensive as HELL and hard to get.

as mentioned its a very common problem with the fogging and there is several posts in here which tells you a full how to on restoring them and will take about an hour or so of your time

pasta 01-15-2018 04:30 PM

Very easy to restore. Used Meguires heavy duty headlight kit. Second option is you can get aftermarket Mach from eBay for 300 no ballast or igniter.

CarLover02 01-15-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARiD (Post 11108553)
Hi Caleb.

If you would like something that looks pretty much stock, here are the options to consider. I made a list of headlights that may be of interest for you.
Spyder® - Chrome Factory Style Headlights
Spyder® - Black Factory Style Headlights
Spec-D® - Chrome Headlights
Spec-D® - Black Headlights
These lights are pretty much plug and play, and they use the same bulb sizes as your OE lights do.
Now, the list of taillights that look close to stock (I picked the options that will work for hatchbacks 3/5 doors):
Spyder® - Black/Red Tail Lights
IPCW® - Chrome/Red Tail Lights

What do you mean by 'european look'? Those angel eyes, LED strips and stuff?

And here is a couple of fog light options I can suggest you:
Winjet® - Factory Style Fog Lights
Spec-D® - Factory Style Fog Lights

See I like the fog lights and headlights, but the tail lights are a great example of what i hate. The Euro style I don't like at all.

CarLover02 01-15-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasta (Post 11109161)
Very easy to restore. Used Meguires heavy duty headlight kit. Second option is you can get aftermarket Mach from eBay for 300 no ballast or igniter.

Thanks, but the only thing is that I want a black/darker set of headlights. I'd rather have something more aesthetically pleasing.

pasta 01-15-2018 08:06 PM

Contact SPIinDisguise think he could help. He is a member.

SPIinDisguise 01-16-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarLover02 (Post 11109225)
Thanks, but the only thing is that I want a black/darker set of headlights. I'd rather have something more aesthetically pleasing.

I bake headlights apart and can paint black, add demon eyes, seal up, and polish then sealant.

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile