Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What did you do to your SVTF today?

34K views 383 replies 97 participants last post by  jw7991 
#1 ·
I saw this on a completely unrelated forum I belong to and thought I'd see if it catches on here like it did there.

#81 ·
Engine parts have shipped and arrived, engine build should start soon. In the mean time I have tinted the tails, side markers, grille lights and refinished/painted one headlight.

Before (Right) and after (Left):

Even though I cant drive it yet, I find myself sitting in it and doing little things all the time. I cant wait to make the trip to NotReals house and put the motor in! [headbang]

#83 ·
Went to clean my cupholders and swap shift knobs when I noticed a stray plug at the base of my shifter.

So I took out my center console (gave it a well needed cleaning) and determined that the plug goes to the second cig lighter plug that hasn't ever worked.

[wrenchin] Instant mechanic status right? [thankyou]

Plugged it back in. Now have two working cig lighter plugs and a clean center console free of sticky Coca-Cola and coffee stains. Also figured out that somebody tried to use a wood screw to hold down my center console in front so I replaced it with a shorter, friendlier screw.

Ended up hating the new shift knob. It was a gift that my little brother got at Wal-Mart. It'd be comfortable except that it twists around, doesn't fit with my shift boot and feels like it's about to fall into pieces when I grab it.

#91 ·
Since my 2011 SES lets me run the fog lights with the park lights this one had to do it too. [clap] I also pulled the head unit to clean and look over. Getting an E3 Error and the volume knob skips. Since the steering wheel buttons work I might go with an FM modulator because I really want to keep the stock HU. [screwy]

Attachments

#98 ·
Yesterday I pulled the carpet out, and cleaned it. Car had some water leaks unattended to by the previous owner, so I've been fixing those and covered any of the questionable looking paint on the floorpans with POR15.

Hoping to install my FM modulator with bluetooth adapter on the stock audiopile radio and to get the interior back together within the next few days.

Then I get to tear it all apart on the outside for paint! Yay.

#105 ·
Today I replaced the front passenger fog light and side indicator. Both were burned out when I got it.

I also took it to a shop today because my AC compressor is shredding itself :( Bummer since I JUST got this car less than a week ago, but at least it's not the end of the world.

Black, 2002, 118k miles, new tires, 5 spoke rims, tinted windows, short shifter, K&M air filter, some aftermarket coilovers (it;s lowered about an inch) and apparently an aftermarket clutch too.

Yesterday I replaced the drivers' side reverse bulb and washed it.

On Saturday going to replace the windshield since there is a big crack right down the middle of it.

Needs a touch of TLC, but not bad for $2400. Finally, a Craigslist win!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.