Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What did you do to your SVTF today?

34K views 383 replies 97 participants last post by  jw7991 
#1 ·
I saw this on a completely unrelated forum I belong to and thought I'd see if it catches on here like it did there.

#112 ·
Parked it. After fixing the wheel bearing, new front brakes to fix the pulsing, putting in a new double din touch screen stereo to fix the dead speaker channels on the passenger side, cleaned up the greasy "shine" crap the dealer covered the interior plastic with, and all the other fun stuff I've done, I picked up a goddamn screw in the shoulder of one of my front tires. I haven't even made my first payment on this thing yet and I'm feeling dried up. I've already put over a thousand miles on it and haven't had to add a drop of oil yet so I'm pleased with that. Just wish I wouldn't have gotten so caught up in the deal that I would have caught the bent and chipped rear wheels I'll have to replace once my funds fill up again. Replacing only the fronts now, then buying mounted replacements for the rear which will fix the damaged rear wheels.

#116 ·
Installed new valve cover, sanded and painted exhaust mani black with VHT, ground off a small layer of rust from the crankshaft case and painted that black with VHT, welded some mani leaks (extremely minor ones), removed some shit ass electrical, removed the aftermarket amp and capacitor as they were causing the battery to die after a day, fixed the fog lights, pulled the window switches out of the drivers side to clean, but found out they need a replacement, changed the timing belt and water pump, redid the two top weather strips with RTV on the headlights, used macguivers headlight cleaning kit on the headlights, removed a hack to disable ABS, removed a fuse to some mysterious box sitting in the glove box, and removed some disgusting ass stickers from under the hood and off the Ford badge on my steering wheel.

Still need to put the wing back on, get it painted, seal up some holes from the ricer wing some dick installed, get the original third brake light reinstalled, remove the ricer stickers from the outside, remove the camber from the front wheels, get new tires and eventually wheels. The inside should be vacuumed and detailed at some point too

#118 ·
Painted some stuff. Driver door had some wear through to the primer in the door jam area, I assume from a poor door alignment at some point. Passenger door handle lock cover thingy was also replaced with a textured black one that someone tried to just spray paint without prepping so some of the paint had chipped off, and it was textured unlike the others so I flat sanded it. Bought paint match in a can and went to work. No pics of the door but I literally can't see where I faded the spray in so there's not much to see there. Here's a picture of the door handle. The part I painted is to the left of the actual door handle. That triangular plastic piece.

On another note, there's a place for a key barrel to go in there. Did the PO take out the barrel and just cover it with a plastic piece from the rear door of another ZX5? Or is everyone else's SVT's like this too? Mines an 03. I like it this way so I'll leave it be. Interesting though.

#120 ·
On another note, there's a place for a key barrel to go in there. Did the PO take out the barrel and just cover it with a plastic piece from the rear door of another ZX5? Or is everyone else's SVT's like this too? Mines an 03. I like it this way so I'll leave it be. Interesting though.
The only key barrel is on the drivers door, you don't see to many cars with passenger key barrels anymore, if at all. I actually put a hole-less cover on my drivers door, it fits right over the barrel. Of course I left the hatch lock alone for the event of a dead battery.

#122 ·
After that paint correction yesterday, I picked up some good tint and tinted the front side windows. Took over an hour to do the drivers side, but after working hard on it I learned that taking the door panel off made it immensely easier. So much easier that I would never recommend doing it any other way. Took me less than 30 minutes to do the passenger side. Loads of soapy water and a steady razor and the cuts look just as good as the professionally tinted Miata. 20% in the front is perfect imo, if not just a hair too light. Rear is going to be done tomorrow in 5%. Not excited for the small triangle windows in the very rear. Not only am I tinting, but I have to remove the old poorly cut and very purpled tint already installed. Not too hard to do. What was really funny is one window had failed or something, so the tint was purple on all the side windows except the passenger front which was that cheezy mirror tint. Car looked baddddd.

#123 · (Edited)
Failed smog. Code P0172 bank 1 too rich. Previous added fuel rail sensor, new air filter, new fuel filter, timing belt, tensioners, water pump. Cleaned MAF sensor...interesting...I bought a brand new MAF Sensor runs terrible no power a miss showed up in #2 cylinder. Runs great with old one on but code pops up every time...lol. Code reader lists as the third item of all things replace fuel pump...Great, that should cost $300-$500. Maybe its time to sell it. One of 514 can't scrap it!
Update...July 6th, on Sunday I welded on a new cat & changed the O2 sensors & cleared the code. Got a rear speed sensor & I will put it on in the next couple days. That should clear the ABS Code.

#130 ·
Went to a junk yard, found a 1999 Mercury Cougar, pulled the variable intake module thing (IMRC), went home, installed. Pulled gauge cluster, replaced the burned out check engine light. Also got some stock floor mats out of a base focus to hold me off until I buy nice ones :) Cost of repair + floor mats? 16 bucks. Couldn't be happier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.