Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   Focus SVT (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/)
-   -   New 04 SVT owner/External Improvements (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/focus-svt/501825-new-04-svt-owner-external-improvements.html)

Natester15 11-15-2014 01:57 PM

New 04 SVT owner/External Improvements

2 Attachment(s)
Im new to posting in the FF, i bough a 5 door svt back in may and have yet to touch the exterior. im on a tight budget as a student but i want especially to work with the front. im considering going for an all silver look, and also replacing the front grille with one without the flashers- but im not sure about legal issues. any low cost suggestions are welcome!

Natester15 11-15-2014 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here would be the "all silver" i referred to above.

Focus?NoFocus 11-15-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natester15 (Post 7264121)
Im new to posting in the FF, i bough a 5 door svt back in may and have yet to touch the exterior. im on a tight budget as a student but i want especially to work with the front. im considering going for an all silver look, and also replacing the front grille with one without the flashers- but im not sure about legal issues. any low cost suggestions are welcome!

Welcome to the family! Looks like you got a good one, too, judging by the condition of the headlights. On that note, If you look hard enough, and don't mind electrical work, the optional HID headlights that came on this car had turn signals built in to the headlamp housing. Because of this, the lights in the grille became running lights. You could eliminate that grille and replace it with one off of a European Focus. They don't have that light built in, and look pretty cool. Just a thought on that.

Tundrafoci 11-15-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focus?NoFocus (Post 7264353)
Welcome to the family! Looks like you got a good one, too, judging by the condition of the headlights. On that note, If you look hard enough, and don't mind electrical work, the optional HID headlights that came on this car had turn signals built in to the headlamp housing. Because of this, the lights in the grille became running lights. You could eliminate that grille and replace it with one off of a European Focus. They don't have that light built in, and look pretty cool. Just a thought on that.

I second this. Get a pair of the factory Mach HIDs and get a euro grill. Gets rid of the turn signals in the grill and brings them to the headlights. You'll have to rewire everything but its pretty easy to do. Use the search tool to find write-ups on this. Plus your light output will be 100x better.

Natester15 11-15-2014 09:17 PM

thanks i will definitely look for those lights, i wasn't sure exactly what to call them so hadn't made much ground so far. Any other suggestions regarding the appearance?

MCPunk79 11-15-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natester15 (Post 7265593)
thanks i will definitely look for those lights, i wasn't sure exactly what to call them so hadn't made much ground so far. Any other suggestions regarding the appearance?

Your SVT appears to have aftermarket side skirts… typically the 5-door didn't come with side skirts… I would opt going for the stock SVT side skirts or, if you can find a set, the ROUSH side skirts, that show up every now and then.

The best exterior mod is always going to be a new set of shoes (wheels)! Finding a new set of wheels can be a long process to find what you're looking for, and what looks great. IMO, the stock silver 5-spoke wheels look awesome on the CD silver SVT.

I think the SVT is an amazing looking car in it's stock form, especially in comparison to the stock MK1 non SVT models. The subtle changes made on the car both on the interior and exterior really make it unique and stylish.

good luck, enjoy the car, treat it well, and it will treat you well!

Natester15 11-16-2014 11:38 AM

so after searching for the lights, the only ones i can find are like 5-600 per side... I'm really hoping im seeing the wrong ones because it doesn't look like i can do that.

Focus?NoFocus 11-17-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natester15 (Post 7267665)
so after searching for the lights, the only ones i can find are like 5-600 per side... I'm really hoping im seeing the wrong ones because it doesn't look like i can do that.

I could be wrong about this, so if someone can verify, I THINK (and I'm not very good at that) that the HELLA Dynabeams have integrated turn signals. That might be slightly cheaper than the factory Mach headlights, but they look pretty similar. You might also find some aftermarket lights that have them, but they often aren't built to the same level of quality as the aforementioned, or the factory units. Whatever you do choose, though, let me know when you do. I very seriously want your stock halogen housings. :)

Natester15 11-17-2014 03:15 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Glossy-B...23860_70668520

does anyone know how good these lights look? i asked if they had flashers to make sure and they do, but one person asked if they worked for the svt euro package and they dont, but i dont know for sure that i dont have that euro package. they are only 240 bucks

Focus?NoFocus 11-17-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natester15 (Post 7275497)
http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Glossy-B...23860_70668520

does anyone know how good these lights look? i asked if they had flashers to make sure and they do, but one person asked if they worked for the svt euro package and they dont, but i dont know for sure that i dont have that euro package. they are only 240 bucks

the euro package comes with the Mach HID headlights, along with Recaro Leather seats, and some other things that are optional on the SVT otherwise.