03 civic si vs. 02 focus svt? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > Focus SVT

Focus SVT The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK1 2002-2004 Focus SVT.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2004, 02:45 PM   #11

Fan#: 9532
FF Reputation: 1 03civicsi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)

*checked rear brake drum at 15 k* lol j/k 4 disc muhahhaha , but yah the first couple of years a new model car or engine comes out there are going to be issues *points at the k series motor and transmission* i expected a problem , but i was expecting it to be something other than the transmission. but anyways they had the focus svt locked up cause they havnt preped it for the lot yet but itll be out there tomorrow but i did see another ford that looked sharp , a 1968 ford mustang with a 289 but an automatic what would be in the 1968 as a transmission ? the c4 or c5? but the only thing that i dont like about the focus svt is that its resale value is absolutly horrible but on the other hand the si's resale value is bad for a honda . and somebody posted earlier about the rsx , if i keep my si im going to get a rsx type R motor swap imported from japan and drop it in my car since its a k20a motor like mine just alot better built it'll bolt right in. and from what i hear from everybody the focus svt handles really really well is there a need to drop it a couple of inches? cause my si handled alright but now its droped it handles great. and do any of you know what the svt focus lays on the dynomat stock?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2004, 02:58 PM   #12
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
the 68 stang has a C4.

resale value is relitive. It may hurt you if you buy new. But if you buy used, the major depreciation has already been done.
ST crew #18
Old 06-20-2004, 03:00 PM   #13

yah...

yah thats true , i started thinking after i asked which transmission why it would have a c5 but anyways , thats very true and some advise gentlemen is this nissan sentras take the biggest drop i think ive seen any import car take.... damn nissans.. but anywho im kinda excited to drive the svt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #14

Fan#: 12
FF Reputation: 1 hotfocus Good Standing Member
Looks like you got plenty of feedback so I'll just welcome you aboard.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #15

yah

yah lot of replies and thanks to all for the info i appreciate it , ill post tomorrow when i drive the svt focus.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #16

Fan#: 3688
FF Reputation: 1 turbocro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightZX3focus
im gonna have to say the focus is a way better deal than and honda. i looked at the Si and i was a little taken back at the sight of the shifter....yuck. i just got my 2004 ZX3 with the 2.3 duratec DOHC yesterday and i am one impressed individual. i was looking to get a WRX....but the ford made me re-think my plans....now i have about 10k i didnt spend to get the subaru to play with.

so get rid of that Si....and get into a focus.

-n8
The Si is a great little car, but it comes underdampned and undertired from the factory. It also has one of the smoothest 4 cyl engines i have ever driven. I still feel the SVT is a better overall package (which is why i bought one ), but honda's drivetrain is unbelievable for the price. In test driving i was able to shift more quickly and smoothly than in my gti in less than 15 mins of practice. The position of the shifter works very well while driving.

just my opinion
Old 06-20-2004, 10:33 PM   #17

i agree with you there , no need for a short shifter , very short shifts . and the interior package *in my opinion* the best you can get for under 20 k. if only america had the si r i believe the uk's si r has the 200 hp rsx type s motor and 6 speed transmission..

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in