Focus RS Cargo Area Dimensions - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus RS > Focus RS

Focus RS The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2016 Focus RS.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 408665
Points 75, Level 1
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 mustang5o Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus RS Cargo Area Dimensions

I'm considering an RS as a DD. If I do this I'd be getting rid of my F250 and my trailer that I haul my Mustang to the track in. I would go back to driving to the track for track days. Anyway, I was wondering if someone had the dimensions of the RS cargo area both with the back seats down and up?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,964, Level 100
Points: 34,964, Level: 100 Points: 34,964, Level: 100 Points: 34,964, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Welcome to FF...Really best to go check one out....What yr were you thinking would dictate the color you want....Of course making sure the h/g was done also.
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
Old 01-08-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
Focus Rookie

Points 75, Level 1
Level Up 50% Completed
Forum Activity 7%
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Welcome to FF...Really best to go check one out....What yr were you thinking would dictate the color you want....Of course making sure the h/g was done also.
Well I'm hoping for brand new. I've seen all years available around the country using Autotrader. Are there differences between the years? I think I read something about an improvement in something with the 2018 limited edition. Are the head gaskets already fixed in certain ones? Either way it would be a warranty/recall fix, correct?

I was just hoping maybe somebody here already measured or would be willing to do it. Just need to see if there's enough room for other stuff I would regularly haul around. My truck has more than enough room but if I ditch that for a simpler life (and better MPG) I need to know it will work out. Would they be the same as any Focus hatch? Not aware of any RS' near me at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2019, 08:56 AM   #4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145602
Points 6,136, Level 50
Points: 6,136, Level: 50 Points: 6,136, Level: 50 Points: 6,136, Level: 50
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
Well I'm hoping for brand new. I've seen all years available around the country using Autotrader. Are there differences between the years? I think I read something about an improvement in something with the 2018 limited edition. Are the head gaskets already fixed in certain ones? Either way it would be a warranty/recall fix, correct?

I was just hoping maybe somebody here already measured or would be willing to do it. Just need to see if there's enough room for other stuff I would regularly haul around. My truck has more than enough room but if I ditch that for a simpler life (and better MPG) I need to know it will work out. Would they be the same as any Focus hatch? Not aware of any RS' near me at the moment.

Why not just go to the nearest Ford Dealer in your area that has a Focus RS for sale & answer all of those questions yourself? As far as the inside of the Hatch goes, Im fairly certain that every Focus measures the same, meaning that the RS is no different vs. a base model Focus SE Hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Old 01-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #5
Focus Rookie

Points 75, Level 1
Level Up 50% Completed
Forum Activity 7%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerrun388 View Post
Why not just go to the nearest Ford Dealer in your area that has a Focus RS for sale & answer all of those questions yourself? As far as the inside of the Hatch goes, Im fairly certain that every Focus measures the same, meaning that the RS is no different vs. a base model Focus SE Hatch.

As I said, no RS' in my area last I checked. Yeah, I figured they might be the same. Didn't want to talk to sales people just to get a few measurements. If there was an actual RS I might be buying it would be a different story.

Hoping someone had already done the measurements. Almost every vehicle I've researched in the past had this information somewhere. Though the post is only a day old so maybe someone will still chime in. Google search was not helpful.

Maybe Friday I'll see if there are any hatches around me. Surprisingly few last time I looked. Most are sedans.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #6
Focus Addict

Points 6,136, Level 50
Level Up 93% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
As I said, no RS' in my area last I checked. Yeah, I figured they might be the same. Didn't want to talk to sales people just to get a few measurements. If there was an actual RS I might be buying it would be a different story.

Hoping someone had already done the measurements. Almost every vehicle I've researched in the past had this information somewhere. Though the post is only a day old so maybe someone will still chime in. Google search was not helpful.

Maybe Friday I'll see if there are any hatches around me. Surprisingly few last time I looked. Most are sedans.

What exactly are you looking to put back there? I mean a Ford Focus Hatchback is a small vehicle & a grocery getter, a commuter car. Ford offered a 350HP AWD version of the car & put a 40k price tag on it for the limited number of enthusiasts out there that want a fast daily & a weekend track car. As far as new & used RSs for sale, there are plenty of them, you just having to be willing to drive within a 200 mile radius. I know here in SoCal there are several brand new 2017s still for sale at Ford dealers & theyve been sitting for almost two years. They wont budge much on their prices. Cheapest one is 37k + fees.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
Focus Rookie

Points 75, Level 1
Level Up 50% Completed
Forum Activity 7%
Quote:
What exactly are you looking to put back there? I mean a Ford Focus Hatchback is a small vehicle & a grocery getter, a commuter car. Ford offered a 350HP AWD version of the car & put a 40k price tag on it for the limited number of enthusiasts out there that want a fast daily & a weekend track car. As far as new & used RSs for sale, there are plenty of them, you just having to be willing to drive within a 200 mile radius. I know here in SoCal there are several brand new 2017s still for sale at Ford dealers & theyve been sitting for almost two years. They wont budge much on their prices. Cheapest one is 37k + fees.

5'-6' 2x4's is what I wondering about fitting. Exactly, I'm looking for a fun daily driver. I have no problem going 200 miles or more when it comes time to buy.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #8
w/ my magic bag

Points 34,964, Level 100
Points: 34,964, Level: 100 Points: 34,964, Level: 100 Points: 34,964, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
6' 2x4's might be stretching it a bit length wise, possibly a few sideways or stacked....You'll really need to see Nitrous blue in person, check out the pearlence...Magnetic or Shadow black are two additional great colors also......I really believe you'll need to open up your search radius & don't forget about shipping....IDK where your located at. btw I've had vehicles shipped w/ no issues.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:54 AM   #9
Focus Addict

Points 6,136, Level 50
Level Up 93% Completed
Forum Activity 6%
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
6' 2x4's might be stretching it a bit length wise, possibly a few sideways or stacked....You'll really need to see Nitrous blue in person, check out the pearlence...Magnetic or Shadow black are two additional great colors also......I really believe you'll need to open up your search radius & don't forget about shipping....IDK where your located at. btw I've had vehicles shipped w/ no issues.

You forgot about Oxford White?

Btw, Im not sure Id buy any vehicle sight unseen & have it shipped on the back of an open trailer?
Especially a Focus RS.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #10
w/ my magic bag

Points 34,964, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Quote:
You forgot about Oxford White?

Btw, Im not sure Id buy any vehicle sight unseen & have it shipped on the back of an open trailer?
Especially a Focus RS.

I'd pass on any white vehicles....For sure you'd want to check it out....but it'd be under warranty, you could have it shipped in a enclosed trailer if needed/wanted.
Pokerrun388 likes this.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in