Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/)
-   -   Anyway to make the DCT hold gears? (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/811459-anyway-make-dct-hold-gears.html)

UNFCUSD 03-18-2019 10:55 PM

Anyway to make the DCT hold gears?

Figured this was the best place to ask. I know some cars with SelectShift type set ups will stay in the gear selected, my old Grand Prix for example. The only reason I want it to is for autocross, it's shifting far too early once SelectShift is activated, Sport and Drive will run their normal 6500-7000 per the tune, but SS will initiate the shift between 4500 and 5500 most times depending on how it's feeling, I guess. It would be nice to stay in 2nd or 3rd during slaloms and sweepers. [xx(]

Is this something Tom can tweak in my tune, or something I can change using Focccus or Forscan?

roswelltop 03-19-2019 05:21 AM

When the transmission is in “S”, you can use the shift button on the shift lever to stay in the gear you want subject to the set red line limit. + to shift up, -to shift down.

And yes Tom’s tune will refine / improve the shifting.

UNFCUSD 03-19-2019 11:30 PM

I believe there's a misunderstanding, I don't want it to shift at all while I have it in SS unless I signal otherwise. Much like the GXP I had, it wouldn't shift on its own, it would hold gear selected until the seas dry. I'm aware of how the buttons of the system work as I installed it on a car that originally came without it, without cutting into any wires, and then wired up improvised paddles through existing buttons on the steering wheel, I just wanted to know if there was a way to modify the programming, I guess you could say. I also already have Tom's tune so I'm aware of that fact.

That said, thank you for taking the time to respond. Sorry, if I came off a little stand-offish.

rednek17 03-20-2019 07:49 AM

Mine stays in the selected gear until I hit redline (7500 RPM) or until the RPM falls below 1000 rpm. I can only assume this is a safely precaution to protect the trans/clutches. I don't autocross but like to drive with the illusion of having a manual trans. [mecry]

1turbofocus 03-20-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednek17 (Post 11368599)
Mine stays in the selected gear until I hit redline (7500 RPM) or until the RPM falls below 1000 rpm. I can only assume this is a safely precaution to protect the trans/clutches. I don't autocross but like to drive with the illusion of having a manual trans. [mecry]

Do you have a Custom Tune in your car ?

Tom

1turbofocus 03-20-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNFCUSD (Post 11368565)
I believe there's a misunderstanding, I don't want it to shift at all while I have it in SS unless I signal otherwise. Much like the GXP I had, it wouldn't shift on its own, it would hold gear selected until the seas dry. I'm aware of how the buttons of the system work as I installed it on a car that originally came without it, without cutting into any wires, and then wired up improvised paddles through existing buttons on the steering wheel, I just wanted to know if there was a way to modify the programming, I guess you could say. I also already have Tom's tune so I'm aware of that fact.

That said, thank you for taking the time to respond. Sorry, if I came off a little stand-offish.

Yes with my Custom tune I can get Sport mode to hold till you shift or till it gets to the rev limiter then it will shift anyway but you wont get the early 4500-5000 shifting it does now at WOT

Tom

rednek17 03-20-2019 08:35 AM

not yet... I am planning on contacting you for one as soon as I get a few more parts on the car.

rednek17 03-20-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1turbofocus (Post 11368603)
Do you have a Custom Tune in your car ?

Tom

Not yet...

I am planning on hitting you up as soon as I get a few more parts put on the car.

Furadi 03-20-2019 10:35 AM

I tested this on my commute this morning. Mine will hold in 2nd gear. Didn't test 3rd because the speed limit lol.

1turbofocus 03-20-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furadi (Post 11368643)
I tested this on my commute this morning. Mine will hold in 2nd gear. Didn't test 3rd because the speed limit lol.

Yes on mine it will hold 1st and 2nd 3rd shifts early and so does 4th

Tom